Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This isn’t even coherent. It’s literally just screaming “NO MASK! CHINA!”

We can only hope that Biden's presidecny will melt as many conservative cartoonist's brains as obama's did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Yoloswag did a guest toon for Mr Pumpkinface, he's a Stonetoss acolyte

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Somfin posted:

Yoloswag did a guest toon for Mr Pumpkinface, he's a Stonetoss acolyte

Could you dig up proof, need to show it to people in another thread posting about how actually, yoloswag is only following stonetoss on twitter to research the alt-right and not because he is himself alt-right

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Johnny Walker posted:

Judging from Cruz's recent talk about union jobs lost to the Keystone cancelation, it's entirely possible Republicans are trying to get labor on their side.

Is there someone who still doesn't get that the whole point of the pipeline is to eliminate current transportation jobs?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The guest comic

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Procrastine posted:

Could you dig up proof, need to show it to people in another thread posting about how actually, yoloswag is only following stonetoss on twitter to research the alt-right and not because he is himself alt-right

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1121090711179419648
https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1121116742036574208

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Thank you!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
He's either a neonazi or he's the proverbial tenth person at the table with nine neonazis

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xander77 posted:

Is there someone who still doesn't get that the whole point of the pipeline is to eliminate current transportation jobs?

Middle class suburbanites who think having an F-150 makes them Blue Collar. Which is ultimately who Ted Cruz is really appealing to with this rhetoric

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Procrastine posted:

Are people seriously arguing that yoloswag is a goddamn PPJ infiltrator lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the deadliness of the UK Covid variant — Boris Johnson has insisted his government ‘did everything we could’ to limit coronavirus deaths and expressed sorrow after the total UK death toll exceeded 100,000 on nearly every metric"

Telegraph:

UK Covid hotel quarantine system to target travellers from high-risk areas

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the EU vaccines row

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Procrastine posted:

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1349094735714009089

This comic is a redraw of a Stonetoss strip titled "burger kang" about using interracial relationships in fast food ads.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The EU is also a Nazi.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Tourists potentially from Sydney COVID-19 hotspot visited Canberra (Canberra Times)

Wilcox:

Craig Kelly 'in regular contact' with PM over COVID-19 posts rebuked by experts (SBS) "Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who Liberal MP Craig Kelly claims he's in regular contact with, has repeatedly refused to condemn the Member for Hughes over his social media posts about COVID-19."

Leak, Son of Leak:

Former ABC journalist Kerry O'Brien rejects Australia Day honour in protest over Margaret Court award (ABC)
A lot to unpack with this one so I'll do a dot point summary:
- Kerry O'Brien is a former ABC veteran journalist and host of their premier current affairs programs.
- Margaret Court, tennis champion, holds the most Grand Slams of any player but after her tennis career she became a Pentecostal minister and in recent decades is most known for her extreme homophobia - Tennis Australia doesn't want anything to do with her.
- This Australia Day she was awarded the highest Australia Day honour available and I'm not going to prefix that with "despite all that" because they knew what they were doing
- Plenty of people have objected, a couple have handed back their prior awards or refused to accept a new one, such as Kerry O'Brien.
- Right wing commentary has been pretty much what you expect, how Court deserves her award, she's entitled to her views, "politics of gender" etc. etc. Again, they knew what they were doing.
- Note that Spooner's cartoon (same paper as Leak, The Australian) about Dan Andrews in Life of Brian ("What has Australia done for us?") is along the same lines, as Andrews also was vocal about how bad it was that Court was getting this award.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's good to know Ben would have no problem with me sawing his hands off, because the survivability rate would be very high! As long as you don't die from it, no need to worry!

Also, .3% of the U.S. population is 900,000 people. Even if that number were right (it's not), that's still inhumanly callous.

I dont know posted:

The third panel is referencing the scene were Garth is talking about selling out while covered in branded merch.

Seems like a reach to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

wizzardstaff posted:

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1349094735714009089

This comic is a redraw of a Stonetoss strip titled "burger kang" about using interracial relationships in fast food ads.

Really need to learn to trust my gut more about comics like this. I knew I got a bad vibe off em.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

Judging from Cruz's recent talk about union jobs lost to the Keystone cancelation, it's entirely possible Republicans are trying to get labor on their side.

Right wing media for the past week or so has been pushing the talking point of "8,000 union jobs lost because of Biden! Think of how bad that will hurt the economy! How are these poor union workers supposed to keep their families fed without jobs?"

Hell, Hannity had a guy on today talking about how he was a union worker for like 50 years and he was ashamed of how he used to be a Democrat, and was going on about how awesome Trump was for union workers and that all the unions should be pro-Republican because it will save their jobs.

So yes, they are trying to use the Keystone pipeline to try and pull labor unions away from Dems.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
...why did he write a cartoon about a naked man?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

quote:

They’re unnecessary because COVID-19 survivability rate is 99.7 percent!

Even if that were true (it's not) and would remain true if everyone got sick at once (it wouldn't) and there were no long term complications (there are)...

The 9/11 attacks on the United States of America had a 99.999% survivability rate.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wing media for the past week or so has been pushing the talking point of "8,000 union jobs lost because of Biden! Think of how bad that will hurt the economy! How are these poor union workers supposed to keep their families fed without jobs?"

Hell, Hannity had a guy on today talking about how he was a union worker for like 50 years and he was ashamed of how he used to be a Democrat, and was going on about how awesome Trump was for union workers and that all the unions should be pro-Republican because it will save their jobs.

So yes, they are trying to use the Keystone pipeline to try and pull labor unions away from Dems.

And hey if that means the Democrats have to start moving toward being actually pro-union than counter this, that's better for everybody

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kinda sucks that Jay Sherman apparently stopped reviewing movies to be a hedge fund guy.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

the_steve posted:

Kinda sucks that Jay Sherman apparently stopped reviewing movies to be a hedge fund guy.

Buy my stock!
Buy my stock!
*reddit duke philips makes millions at my expense*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"I say GAZE into the HYPNOTIC power of my EVIL EYE!!"

It's just Twitter
The Evil Eye is only Twitter

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why is young Biden(?) reading Harry Potter?
It's a Mulaney impression

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Samurai Sanders posted:

...why did he write a cartoon about a naked man?

By popular demand posted:

Just picking the low hanging fruit here

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Besides fundamentally disagreeing with his (really common) view of language in general, isn’t “hubby” really really old?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Vagabong posted:

We can only hope that Biden's presidecny will melt as many conservative cartoonist's brains as obama's did.

It won't.

Now, a Harris presidency...

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Besides fundamentally disagreeing with his (really common) view of language in general, isn’t “hubby” really really old?
My quick searching suggests "totes" is the only 21st century word on that list, all the rest are older than "cutesy".

"Hubby" is the oldest, first recorded 1688.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Suspected something like that, liked his Big Homo 5G cartoon.

Got some people angry, "You can't laugh about it, some people really believe in that!"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

endlessmonotony posted:

It won't.

Now, a Harris presidency...

It won't either, because you can't melt liquid.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Trapezium Dave posted:

My quick searching suggests "totes" is the only 21st century word on that list, all the rest are older than "cutesy".

"Hubby" is the oldest, first recorded 1688.

This is already far more research than was put into the comic. I'm very pro "totes" but hubby is probably the most useful. It's cute and shortens husband down to like 3 phonemes. So no, these words are not fine the way they were!

Captain Kosmos posted:

Suspected something like that, liked his Big Homo 5G cartoon.

Got some people angry, "You can't laugh about it, some people really believe in that!"

The only thing offensive about this is that the homo 5g waves are labeled as harmful instead of fabulous.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 28, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Today on Capitol Hill, the fish was delish, and according to U.N. secretary council members, it made quite a dish.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why doesn’t he complain about the sun coming up in the east and going down in the west while he’s at it?

Arguing against language change really gets my goat.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why doesn’t he complain about the sun coming up in the east and going down in the west while he’s at it?

I mean it's a step away from :cloud: that was mocking exactly this attitude anyway

Funnily enough a few years ago I used to enjoy a good rant on stupid new words but then I did a complete 180 on it and I like them now. One of the things that changed my mind was seeing this exchange somewhere on the Internet:

*stupid new word*

"that's a made-up word!"

"... up words are made-up words"

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 28, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I haven't actually seen "profesh" before, but I really like it. It sounds like a spoken word version of the :decorum: smiley.

Thank you, Drunk Duck, for expanding my vocab. :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I personally don't like how people use "LOL" in spoken conversation, in my defence I'm old enough to remember that abbreviation come to be and also I don't pollute mass media with tepid cartoons about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The underlying principle is just basic social-contract collectivism: Society is built on people compromising their individual needs in favor of a collective good, and it needs to be a voluntary choice motivate by personal investment in living in a functional society rather than coerced by fear of punishment.

As a basic metaphor for virtuous behavior that we should encourage to keep society going, the shopping cart is fine.

But as an illustration of the idea that there's some baseline behavior, or worse, trait that people must do/have in order to be worthy of living in society, it sucks donkey balls. It's call the social contract for a reason; society has its own obligation to support and benefit the people within it if it wants to keep going. Yeah, freeloaders are a problem, but people using the concept of freeloaders as a scapegoat for a failing society is just as, if not more of, a problem. Fascists love that poo poo. Society would be perfect if not for x-group leeching all our resources and giving nothing back.

The shopping cart piece stops just short of that, but considering the total omission of society's reciprocal obligation, and the overall 4chan aggro stink wafting from it, I don't blame your for feeling it's pretty fasc. It certainly sets a foundation for going in that direction.