Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

But he died by tasering his own balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

EULAs are not necessarily legally binding

nothing in there would stand in court considering everything they've done

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress do i even arbitrate over, i can't prove i had the intent to buy or sell at this price or that and they can't either because they prevented me from doing it

maybe i should message them and say what my intentions were to get it on record

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

On the bright side my free stock I got from Robinhood did really well today. Its for a company that makes plastic handcuffs for the police.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
probably posted already but lmao if true
https://twitter.com/justinkan/status/1354853920762253315

also citadel is robinhoods largest customer of data

e: twitter is wigging out hard today, or is it just me

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

In Training posted:

lol if you think 2021's material conditions aren't different than 2008 somehow.

I keep waiting for this shoe to drop but the only thing I'm seeing is just more and more aggressive nothing matters.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's right there under the clause that says "we can do literally anything at all we want, fuckos lmao, hahahaha owned binch"

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Everyone is saying hold but is there any way to buy anymore over the next 24 hours? WeBull needs two full days to verify my account :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

triple sulk posted:

nothing in there would stand in court considering everything they've done

I'm not sure how even a friendly arbitrator looks at that and says "yeah it's totally legit you guys were in the clear" but IANAL so

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yossarian-22 posted:

Everyone is saying hold but is there any way to buy anymore over the next 24 hours? WeBull needs two full days to verify my account :(

Do not buy into the rapidly deflating bubble

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

EULAs are not necessarily legally binding

yeah if they breached their fiduciary duty by acting directly at the behest of citadel that EULA is worth nothing

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Holy poo poo.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Eegah! posted:

On the bright side my free stock I got from Robinhood did really well today. Its for a company that makes plastic handcuffs for the police.

thank you for your service

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Yossarian-22 posted:

didn’t you already lose $600? and your gun and badge? take it easy man you don’t need to burn the candle at both ends.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Yossarian-22 posted:

tastytrade shot me an email that they lifted the buy freeze a few hrs ago, I dunno how long their approval process is rn tho

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

quote:

BNP Paribas Fortis is an international bank based in Belgium and is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It was formerly, together with Fortis Bank Nederland, the banking arm of the financial institution Fortis. After the ultimately unsuccessful ABN-AMRO takeover, the subprime crisis and management mistakes led to the sale of the Dutch and Luxembourg parts of the banking branch to the Dutch and Luxembourg governments. Fortis Bank itself was first partly bought by the Belgian government (for €4.7 billion), then fully purchased by the government and sold to BNP Paribas. BNP Paribas Fortis is the largest bank in Belgium.

what a poo poo show

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

robinhood will next revoke all the free stocks

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

is that real? is any of this loving real? lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
On one hand I can't believe that terms of service could possibly stand up in court. On the other hand it's a real easy slam dunk for the aristocracy to allow a show trial before slamming the peasants collective dick and all the balls under the toilet seat.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

I stand by my assertion that today is the day the Biden admin announces its intention to keep the hedge funds solvent and prosecute the economic terrorists

nah they won't start prosecuting till monday imo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Torpor posted:

didn’t you already lose $600? and your gun and badge? take it easy man you don’t need to burn the candle at both ends.

They refunded my AMC but I'm still betting on the squeeze not having happened yet

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Koirhor posted:

is that real? is any of this loving real? lmao

Essentially yes, that's why you can buy fractions of stocks, you aren't the real stockholder.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

witchy posted:

biden really is gonna be obama 2

ya except he has eight years experience being obama so hes gonna be even better at it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

low key sex master posted:

I'm not sure how even a friendly arbitrator looks at that and says "yeah it's totally legit you guys were in the clear" but IANAL so

Contract arbitration is entirely one sided and the corporations are the ones that choose the arbitrator who has a lot of incentives to side with the companies so they can be repeat customers.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/...4t0pIezlF68ArA0

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

witchy posted:

no they bought waay back and rode this all the way up. turned 50k into 50 mil. they've already taken out like 10-20mil so they're good no matter what

5 million is enough wealth to basically live happily the rest of your life without need or want in any way unless you buy into rich people culture, which spend a lot on stuff that doesn't matter (aka buy yachts, thousand dollar+ designer clothes, etc.)

Yeah at this point he's so well off its just a Pac-Man high score for him at this point.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I was gone for a while doing real work, why did GME spike to $500 for like 10 minutes lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if there's one thing the roberts court loves doing it's enforcing EULAs and arbitration clauses that allow companies to pelt you with clothespins from a balcony instead of being taken to court

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I mean it's already a massive conflict of interest that they sell data to HFT firms that use that data to undermine EH clients but at least that connection is incidental. If they're taking orders from someone to impact their own clients, RH is gonna get crushed by class action lawsuits

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Asproigerosis posted:

Contract arbitration is entirely one sided and the corporations are the ones that choose the arbitrator who has a lot of incentives to side with the companies so they can be repeat customers.

ah makes sense tbh

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

this is so funny lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

and then there's our stupid internet spaceship stuff happening on top of all this

what a goddamn month. what a kickoff to a goddamn year.

i know right? how am i supposed to pay attention to it all!?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if a company wants to have crazy terms and conditions they should force the user to agree to them sentence by sentence. if not then it's essentially stochastic grift because they know the vast majority won't read it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Arbitration clauses are great until everyone actually uses it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oxsnard posted:

I mean it's already a massive conflict of interest that they sell data to HFT firms that use that data to undermine EH clients but at least that connection is incidental. If they're taking orders from someone to impact their own clients, RH is gonna get crushed by class action lawsuits

Oh don't worry the Eula says that they're arbitration only :)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
true hero of the proletariat:

*withdraws $100 from six-figure gambling winnings*

*walks into gamestop and heads straight towards overworked employee making $11/hour during the pandemic*

*hands them $100 bill*

"power to the players"

*goes home and buys a sports car*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
arbitration firm, receiving the 500,000th filing: gently caress this poo poo

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

I was gone for a while doing real work, why did GME spike to $500 for like 10 minutes lol

same reason why amc peaked at 20 for like 5 minutes

no clue what that reason is, just guessing its the same cause shits loving dumb and its funny

also why the gently caress is anybody saying glemm is right, what the loving hell is wrong with you goddamn punk rear end liberals

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

arbitration clauses, while being largely untouchable under our current federal laws and SupCt, can sometimes be voided if it clashes with relevant statutes. If robinhood can be shown to be actually committing a crime (courts decide whether an agreement is actually binded by an arbitration agreement), then they may have a long shot chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

If 2008 didn't move the needle a single bit, this will be forgotten by march.

lmao are you 12? 08 massively moved the needle you ding dong