Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

Level 95 dominating blow guardian, A7, about 120/40 atlas completion, still working on getting all the ten boss invitations. I like the build a lot but I'm feeling somewhat discouraged right now. For almost everything its a great boss killer but mechanically it doesn't hold up against the new endgame fights. I've got 7k hp, 75/75 glancing blows block with a life on block shield, 79/78/78/50 resists, 10k armor, ~15% flat phys damage reduction, fortify on my main skill, endurance charges, probably some other poo poo I'm forgetting and it's all for naught in the uncharted realms fights because you just can't stand still long enough to hit guys with a namelock skill to spawn the sentinels. Plus they get owned quickly anyways by the huge aoe damage flying all over the place. I'd stop short of saying the fights are over tuned because they're super endgame and deserve to be hard but it is a kick in the balls to have a character that is so tanky against all other content and feels like wet tissue paper in those fights.

do you have a blessed rebirth medium cluster? I consider it mandatory these days on domblow, skels, non mi srs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I have a 94 bbbf chieftain and a 91 divine ire elementalist. Both are geared out about as much as I can be bothered and both have done A8 Sirus deathless. I'm sitting on around 25ex in just ex+chaos, just working on atlas completion and the unknown realm. Not really sure what I want to do next in terms of builds, maybe try the blade flurry general's cry stuff.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Harvest crafting is really great, makes it fun to gradually build your uber rares, but holy poo poo is trading for it awful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t found the discord to be too bad

I got used to it I guess

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone had any success at all in getting the patch to be stable?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Grimoire posted:

do you have a blessed rebirth medium cluster? I consider it mandatory these days on domblow, skels, non mi srs

I didn't even know about this node lol. Definitely swapping that in, thanks

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
e: n/m

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Miss Broccoli posted:

Has anyone had any success at all in getting the patch to be stable?

someone on reddit posted that all their crashing problems went away after they uninstalled the latest windows update or something lol

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Wathching alk do sirus with chieftian bbbf assures me assassin was the right choice, god drat that guy just trudges around at -100 MS

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aerox posted:

I will probably never play SSF in PoE if only because I can't imagine losing the dopamine rush of having something like a Headhunter or even an Exalt drop and shunting it into storage to be ignored because it doesn't work with my build or I can't really do anything with it.

This is very healthy, I'm sure.

It always feels so good when some dope rear end item drops, even if I can't use it, because I know I can trade it for Dope poo poo for my build. If I had to make, link, and color my Explode chest all by myself without even the option to currency trade for more alts or jewelers/fusings I think I'd quit.

I know this is all personal opinion but I get infinitely more excited by having an Exalt drop in SSF than in Trade league. It's not currency (except for some crafts) and the holy poo poo moments from slamming a nice affix to an almost-perfect item is just too good.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

StashAugustine posted:

Harvest crafting is really great, makes it fun to gradually build your uber rares, but holy poo poo is trading for it awful

im telling u guys ssf is the way to go now

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Boy woke orbs dropped like a rock. Just a couple pages ago people said they were 5 ex. I got two for 240 each earlier today.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Elentor posted:

I know this is all personal opinion but I get infinitely more excited by having an Exalt drop in SSF than in Trade league. It's not currency (except for some crafts) and the holy poo poo moments from slamming a nice affix to an almost-perfect item is just too good.

air tools?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

von Braun posted:

Wathching alk do sirus with chieftian bbbf assures me assassin was the right choice, god drat that guy just trudges around at -100 MS

any tips on not making your guy immediately splat when something looks at him?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
how much poison DPS per scourge arrow thorn arrow is good poison damage?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aerox posted:

I will probably never play SSF in PoE if only because I can't imagine losing the dopamine rush of having something like a Headhunter or even an Exalt drop and shunting it into storage to be ignored because it doesn't work with my build or I can't really do anything with it.

You can always transfer the item out of SSF if you want. You can take characters and items from SSF to trade league, just not the other way around.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Estel posted:

I started this build and it's fun. Tip for anyone interested, at first Infernal Blow feels really bad when you don't have multistrike or melee range, add Ancestral Call Support and all those problems disappear like the enemies around you when you punch.

I know this post is a while back, but I think I'm gonna try that Infernal Blow Hollow Palm build.

Any advice for leveling it? I've never played Ranger before -- can you start out with Infernal Blow with weapons and just transition to Hollow Palm immediately or should you level as something else until maps?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
How bad of an idea is Astral Projector / Dark Pact Totems, but on Occultist instead of Hiero? those chaos nodes looking mighty tasty

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Aerox posted:

I know this post is a while back, but I think I'm gonna try that Infernal Blow Hollow Palm build.

Any advice for leveling it? I've never played Ranger before -- can you start out with Infernal Blow with weapons and just transition to Hollow Palm immediately or should you level as something else until maps?

You can do hollow palm by like level 12 or something. Just beeline to a cluster spot and switch your tree later

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Why is Sirus crashing random maps ranting about creation and the cosmos?

Also the envoy needs a hobby or something, he sounds like my dad after forced retirement

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

StashAugustine posted:

It absolutely is, but I found using the "pay more than the cheapest" approach I use for scarab/currency trades helped move it along.

I swear I make more by getting back into maps than I used to by spending ages trying to snipe the cheapest prices of things.

RossCo fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 30, 2021

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Why is Sirus crashing random maps ranting about creation and the cosmos?
*makes "cuckoo" gesture*

quote:

Also the envoy needs a hobby or something, he sounds like my dad after forced retirement
If you just talk to him and then leave he shuts up :cawg:

Estel
May 4, 2010

Aerox posted:

Tabletops posted:

You can do hollow palm by like level 12 or something. Just beeline to a cluster spot and switch your tree later

Exactly, just beeline to the bottom cluster slot and start using Hollow Palm as soon as possible. Just stack some Dexterity and try and get some mana regen or mana on kill and at level 22 get a Praxis, it will solve all your mana problems until you get some leech mana form attacks.

Someone posted a build with 2 Inspired Learning jewels and they are really fun in rituals. And the buffs they give you seem to apply to Vaal Ancestral Warchief because sometimes i noticed the totems jumping 15 times a second hitting enemies.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I'm on the way to making a replacement for Lioneye's Glare thanks to it and the ability to roll up lesser-common socket colors and force on physical modifiers :)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I saw this highly cursed hideout, so now you have to:

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Aerox posted:

Used a quick and dirty Smite 6L until 12 and slotted in Infernal Blow + OWN. Having an Astramentis ready to go at level 20 helps too. Been easy mode leveling just keep a closer eye on your resists. Should get into Maps tomorrow.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I’m loving my Vaal Reavesrike build you've no doubt seen if you check the fourmsm (KissMeNow or whomever).

I have a few key items to push me over the top, or are necessary for the upcoming full stop / item check that seems to happen with screen pop builds.

This build uses BFlurry as the boss swap gen. Changing out only 3 gems on a white socket chest. Used to love the skill but it still feels like rear end compared to the current melee meta.

Anyone have another gem idea for bossing I could try out? Goal being as few swaps as needed but as long as ifs items and gems I don't care.

Or just have at it..

https://poe-profile.info/profile/Ynsae?realm=pc

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Wheres everyone else at?

League started Archmage Cremation Necromancer, played this to 97 but really was not 100% happy with the playstyle. Mapping was a bit too slow and the two button playstle made it not smooth, boss dps was great unless the bosses moved a ton like Sirus then it dropped off a cliff. Still an incredibly strong build though and one of the tankiest things I have ever played. For someone playing at a slower pace I'd 100% recommend the build, it's incredibly forgiving to mistakes, almost nothing can kill you.

Crafted a whole new set of gear with Harvest and burned over 100 regrets to swap into int stack wander Occultist. Not nearly as tanky but good enough, and blazes through maps at top speed while still having fantastic single target boss dps. At 99 now though I don't see myself getting to 100 this league, likely going to finish off my last challenge and take a break. Got a couple builds in mind to test as league starters for next league that I want to try out still, want to make sure I don't end up unhappy with my starter again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The elder uncharted realms asc points are extremely good.

At the start I was just running random elder guardian maps and then I had the presence of mind to start having maven watch all of them to get more frags. The shaper frags are from 8 sets of guardians and maven invitations. I donno what I had before I started but It wasn't more than 1-2 shapers/elders.

This also gave me like 5-8+ mavens to fight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

I saw this highly cursed hideout, so now you have to:

ok I take it back, auction houses would ruin trading by preventing people from seeing art such as this

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would settle for something like you can set your shop vendor a la Ragnarok and so people would be able to just show up, buy, and also see whatever you did with your hideout.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

My current experience with trying to buy a couple of items is messaging a a whole bunch of people and the only response I get back is one person saying the thing has already been sold.

I'd be very happy with a more automated trade system, whether it be an auction house or some kind of player shops.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RossCo posted:

I know random is random, but I also ran a full sirus cycle in Haewark and got zero, having seen none in the maps before that.

There is something about the way their code generates these instances that makes them streaky I swear, I'm sure not intentionally.

I'm absolutely sure that they misrepresent how often mechanics spawn. I've heard that it's supposed to be roughly 10% chance for any given mechanic per map, but it feels like there's something under the hood that makes that not true, like its multiple rolls that add up to 10%. Like how wurm online would say 'oh yeah 40% chance to make a plank' and not tell you that it gets rolled 10 times, making it much less than 40%

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The +5% harvest spawn rate node takes you from 1% to 1.05%.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think they would soul bind items before they made trade even easier than it is

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:psyduck: You can sell different copies of the same map and get different upgrades. I wish I knew this when I first got into maps

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There ought to be a vendor recipe to upgrade a map to its next watchstone tier.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

ZyrKx posted:

As one of those top builds on poe.ninja, here's a somewhat outdated POB: https://pastebin.com/Yjjpr9tG. You can also check my profile for the current extremely expensive setup: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zyrkx/characters?characterName=DireZyrKx

The POB has basic and endgame gear sets, as well as passive trees for various stages of progress.

Start with the default passive tree and basic gear being martyr and the unique rings. This will easily do red maps with insane clear thanks to bereks respite and enough single target dps with a fully charged 20 stack divine ire to comfortably do bosses.

Generally while mapping you will only need to tap divine ire to clear fast, saving the full charge for bosses.

As you can afford it switch to a tree with one cluster jewel setup, and start getting DPS gear in other gear slots: fire dot multi gloves, phys as X, gem levels, fire dot multi amulet, ignite speed boots, blizzard crown with minion levels and flat damage.

Eventually you might want to replace martyr to get more dps at the cost of lower block, with either disintegrator or a rare staff with +3 gem levels and enough other damage stats.

If I can find the motivation I might write up a more detailed guide and record some maps and bosses this weekend to show the playstyle a bit more.

This is great and I am currently level 55ish. You’ve already provided quite a bit of info but I would appreciate anything additional about defensive gearing priorities, flexibility on cluster jewels, and frankly how you stay alive with what looks/feels like little health on the tree (maybe Im just used to playing duelists/marauders).

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

StashAugustine posted:

any tips on not making your guy immediately splat when something looks at him?

Life and its evasion based. Flesh and stone of course and vaal grace in your CWDT 4 link. Throw in enfeeble if you like. Anoit Disciple of the unyielding for endurance charges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i'm at the point where for the second time i'm getting frustrated at how squishy my build is and considering rerolling; which means i'll just get frustrated with the next one too without actually making any money