Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

Not especially. The optimization station was added (to the recal table) but it's hideously expensive for now.
Today's patch:

Optimization Station Changes
Reduced all optimization costs by 75%.
Reduced all optimization material crafting recipes by 50%.
With this update agents should be able to afford to optimize their weapons and gear about once an hour. Though it may take up to two hours to gather all the resources necessary to optimize the final tier of many items.

Also includes the 60fps/4k nextgen console patch and Resident Evil apparel event

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2316782-Title-Update-12-1-Patch-Notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah if you want loot, Summit isn't a good source of it.

Really? I feel like I get tons of targeted loot drops in summit, assuming I'm in a group. I've had very good luck matchmaking for it and getting good groups on challenging and heroic too. Solo is really slow though.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Hulk Krogan posted:

Really? I feel like I get tons of targeted loot drops in summit, assuming I'm in a group. I've had very good luck matchmaking for it and getting good groups on challenging and heroic too. Solo is really slow though.

friendship makes everything faster.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

After crashing twice with Pestilence against Viper I switched to turret/drone skill build and destroyed her by just letting my toys do their thing while I stayed the gently caress away.

Skill builds own AND they’re stupid easy to put together since the skill tier cover 1/3 of your rolls so all you need is 1 perfect roll of either haste/damage then you can recalibrate the other roll for a perfect item.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah if you want loot, Summit isn't a good source of it. Dedicated farming of an open world zone will get you better stuff on Heroic. That said it's an okay change of pace from the main game if you can stomach the raw as hell level design.

Summit legendary 3 directive is a fantastic place to farm. Heroic is still better if you crank the directives up to 8 and run good builds.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You couldn't pay me enough to actually farm with 8 directives on lmao.

Directives don't have a hugely noticeable increase on drop rates and I get way more consistently high rolls doing open world poo poo than Summit. Maybe if they brought back checkpoints that let you farm levels 80+ it might be worth a drat.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 1, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
aside from the idea of finding 4 people to 8-directive farm with the person in question is trying to make a build in the first place so "after you have good builds, it's a great place to farm" is kinda irrelevant

maybe once the optimization cost changes go into effect tomorrow, if you can get a group it'd be a good material farm

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On a whim decided to give DZ East a go tonight and ended in a mostly empty lobby and the first landmark I cleared dropped The Hollow Mask and I actually got to extract it! I have no use for it anymore with the build I'm using but man I'm kinda happy to just have it now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

That's exceptionally lucky. May it sit in the bottom of your stash just like mine does :v:

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

So there's no gear score at level 40? Just the paragon levels? It's safe to start putting together an endgame build?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

VegasGoat posted:

So there's no gear score at level 40? Just the paragon levels? It's safe to start putting together an endgame build?

Yes to all of the above

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VegasGoat posted:

Yea as soon as you hit 40 you can start putting together builds with the gear you get.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Wow they're still having issues with the maintenance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Wow they're still having issues with the maintenance.

Has there being a maintenance or update where they didn’t?

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/1356608970136440839?s=21

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
massive delays lmfao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re back

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/1356641818696368128?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just realized I still have no idea how optimization works and I’m still missing a ton of materials so I can’t actually optimize anything lmao

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Optimization is just like recal, except you're just pumping up one stat (which can't have been recal'd) for a stupid (well, less so now i guess) amount of assorted resources. You can repeat the process, if need be, for even higher cost - so you'll really want to start at a decent level for whatever stat you're pimping out.

Essentially, start with an item that has one or more stats/talent that you want. Recal one stat/talent to godroll/desired stat/talent. Optimize what's left to max.

Example: brand set pack of desired set bonuses, has stats of max weapon damage, 75% max crit damage, 12% max crit chance, talent you want. Recal CHC to max. Optimize CHD. Profit! Slaughter!

Lotta grinding involved for materials - grind factions for faction poo poo. Grind items for items and/or brand specific poo poo. Grind hard/long enough for the recipes to make your own materials from normal poo poo.

Went DZ the other night, even crippled up as I am. Ganked twice, skipped to different DZ, saw immediate gankersign, skipped to third choice, actually explored a bit, ground up a bunch of shite and managed to extract twice. Luckily, I never found anything good, so I didn't lose poo poo I cared about. drat tiny areas to work with, though, Div1 DZ actually felt like a real city.

Also hosed around with brand-new alts boosted to 30 for NYFC, I forgot how it was to run without my current gear/SHD/spec perks. And even without those, I'm shredding most enemies without too much trouble. gently caress you Theo, suck on this lovely blue M1A while my poor weak easily-confused turret draws fire.

(a car door creaks in anticipation at Liberty Island)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Weird, I don't see any change in cost to optimize my gear at all :confused:

Edit:

Holy poo poo this week's "give resources, get exotic" cache gave me an Imperial Dynasty holster :supaburn:

And a max roll Test Subject! Should I go with that or the Pyromaniac M4?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 2, 2021

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Optimization rocks. I now have a perfect momento and a perfect fox’s prayer with the secondary attribute slot being recalibratable to whichever i need.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Capn Beeb posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Optimization rocks. I now have a perfect momento and a perfect fox’s prayer with the secondary attribute slot being recalibratable to whichever i need.

Sunk cost fallacy says I must now hate you for being able to quickly and easily create the fun thing which took me hours of grinding to find. Not hate Massive for creating that system of course, just you.

this is a joke

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Edit:

Holy poo poo this week's "give resources, get exotic" cache gave me an Imperial Dynasty holster :supaburn:

If you play skill build, test subject. Pyromaniac is good in a group if you have someone with a status build and enemies al always burning. If you don't have anything else besides them, test subject (for a red build) and use a drone or whatever to trigger the +weapon damage bonus.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Capn Beeb posted:

Edit:

I use the Test Subject with Striker Drone and it rules. Constantly got 2 or 3 ‘in-sync’ blobs showing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

monkeytennis posted:

I use the Test Subject with Striker Drone and it rules. Constantly got 2 or 3 ‘in-sync’ blobs showing.

In Sync doesn't stack. It has 1 icon for the weapon buff, 1 icon for the skill buff, and 1 icon when you have both active.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Anyway, I dodged the outcome of optimizing I expected. I finally maxed out my Gift, and I got a named cache from the GE - I of course assumed I'd get a perfect Gift out of it just to make a mockery of my optimizing.

thankfully it was a surge which I immediately deconstructed. And I have a maxed out gift!

Capn Beeb posted:

are you looking at recalibration instead of optimizing? they're at the same table.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

are you looking at recalibration instead of optimizing? they're at the same table.

I made a note last night on what I needed to optimize my M1928:

15 SMG pieces
8 field recon
4 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Today, I need:

17 SMG pieces
8 field recon
5 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

:shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That doesn’t sound right. The old numbers for almost everything where in the hundreds for parts. At least for the final tier to reach max. Example:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

15 SMG pieces
8 field recon
4 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Today, I need:

17 SMG pieces
8 field recon
5 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Is it at like 14.9%? Might be wonky math at minimum values?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Capn Beeb posted:

15 SMG pieces
8 field recon
4 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Today, I need:

17 SMG pieces
8 field recon
5 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Sounds like your SMG is sitting at like a 14.9 roll or something in which case just optimize the drat thing already.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah there's something going on here, I had items dropping from 'requires 300 items' to 'requires 75' exactly as described

can you screenshot a potential optimize so we can get a look

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh yeah, you're like halfway to the next tier of optimization on that so the math is always wonky.

Once you do that one, the next full step optimization will see the full cost reduction of the update.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

wouldn't be massive if the math wasn't overcomplicated

but merc is most likely correct on what you'll see. I have definitely seen the 75% reduction as intended on every item I've optimized so far.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Wow, im suddenly crashing to desktop repeatedly this evening. wonder what the patch hosed up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I had some weird performance issues first time I launched, cleared up after a system restart.

probably coincidence - restarting uplay/div 2 was likely enough - but hey

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I did a verify files and will try again later tonight. I was able to play for a good 90 minutes to wrap up my league score before turning on the event. But as soon as I put the event on I started crashing after like 5 minutes of play. Looks like a bunch of other people are having the same problem on the ubisoft forums so guess we will see.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

relatable quote at the bottom of that shot

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

New optimization costs seem okay. I was able to nearly max out my preferred build whereas before I couldn't afford to optimize a single piece.

Claire's jacket in the RE event looks pretty great, so I guess I'm going to start grinding out event keys again. Just when I think I got out, they pull me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Anyone have a good DPS AR based build? I’m getting tired of hanging back and plunking stuff with my bakers dozen.

Also, this is gonna get a laugh from the PC crowd but this 60FPS patch on my PS5 is amazing but I’m definitely having to adjust.