Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

what state uses reflective paint but also has snowy winters? it's for sure not minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Truman Peyote posted:

well, i can quite easily afford a double-wide trailer in a park in hope, a small town 2 hours out of the city,

Don't forget 600-900 bucks a month to rent the lot, oh and if they sell the park they can force you to move. and it costs 10-30k to move a mobile home, and a lot of them ban 'used move-ins' - they want you to buy a new mobile from the people they get kickbacks from. It's an incredibly scum sucking facet of the already sick real estate industry.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

what state uses reflective paint but also has snowy winters? it's for sure not minnesota

canada

the cat eyes they use out here are neat but it still weirds me out when you're in the rain and the lines just disappear. idk how much more expensive that glass bead paint is but it's marvelous to see the glowing yellow line stretching on into the distance.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 1, 2021

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't want to shame the poor but I lived in a trailer park until I was like 10 and would never want to live in another one under any circumstances. It was just a pit of total misery. Everyone just tearing each other and themselves to pieces all the time.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i park in a big garage with my wife

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you're doing it wrong

the driveway is for parking, the garage is a workshop area with a nice big door for getting stuff in and out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i drank lots of beer and watched the olympics at Max's

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jabor posted:

the driveway is for parking one car, the street is for parking your other cars, the garage is for storing boxes of garbage

-- the americans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

carry on then posted:

all states should be, it's plainly stated in the MUTCD that pavement markings hafta be retroreflective

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't want to shame the poor but I lived in a trailer park until I was like 10 and would never want to live in another one under any circumstances. It was just a pit of total misery. Everyone just tearing each other and themselves to pieces all the time.

my folks downsized to one near us and it’s pretty nice. definitely depends though and some are really bad.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
haven't the big finance corps been buying up trailer parks for years now and jacking up rents

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

otoh rn investing in f&b seems colossally dumb

I don't like the idea of being in charge of anyone, which is why I'm gonna be poor forever.

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i drank lots of beer and watched the olympics at Max's

It's good there.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jabor posted:

you're doing it wrong

the driveway is for parking, the garage is a workshop area with a nice big door for getting stuff in and out

my garage is really big and I park in it with all my neighbours too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

my garage is really big and I park in it with all my neighbours too

freakin hippies

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Pagerduty won't stop calling me :(

There's some jacked up network issue in two k8s clusters preventing communication in the host network between a subset of ec2 nodes that are in the same asg, in the same subnet, in the same az (????), that as far as I can tell is a straight aws sdn problem. Also nothing has changed regarding this in forever. No obvious pattern of what works and what doesn't between old nodes, new nodes, subnets, AZs. I want to run a network trace on the VPC side but it turns out I don't have the right rbac for that. so instead I'm just silencing all my alarms and waiting until tomorrow to tell everybody and get those extra permissions to debug. Not having full mesh networking is definitely bad but nothing is crashing and I'm about 95% sure everything potentially affected is just pulling from kafka anyway which seems to be ok. so whatever I guess I'll deal with it tomorrow.

want to shoot a computer rn

Apr 7, 2003

What the gently caress are you on about

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i can't tell either, but shooting computers is a mitzvah

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What the gently caress are you on about

im working from home on a sunday night because a robot is telling me a Computer is broken

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

carry on then posted:

pretty much all the new highway work done in the last 5 years has included reflective paint up here

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

The Fool posted:

pretty much all the new highway work done in the last 5 years has included reflective paint up here

i haven't memorized where everyone who ever posted here lives and has lived, where is "up here"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

carry on then posted:

i haven't memorized where everyone who ever posted here lives and has lived, where is "up here"

it's where my eyes are, jackass

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

TOOT BOOT posted:

i had a manager once who moved in with his girlfriend into a trailer. her kid was like 7 years old and still pooped his pants because he needed attention or something. anyway one day he made the kid go out on the lawn, pull down his pants, and get his rear end sprayed out with a hose in front of the entire neighborhood. i guess that potty-trained him. that's my trailer park story

Apr 7, 2003

That's horrifying

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

carry on then posted:

there is one state in the union where the residents can say that about any other state

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

carry on then posted:

when I lived in upstate NY this never seemed to be a problem

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

The Fool posted:

there is one state in the union where the residents can say that about any other state

someone already answered my question of "which state" with "canada" so that wasn't a guarantee from my perspective

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Penguissimo posted:

when I lived in upstate NY this never seemed to be a problem

our cheap poo poo MNDOT only builds intersections with crosswalks on 3 of the 4 sides. want to cross along the 4th side? you're waiting 3 full cycles.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

our cheap poo poo MNDOT only builds intersections with crosswalks on 3 of the 4 sides. want to cross along the 4th side? you're waiting 3 full cycles.
isn't that less "cheap poo poo" and more "we don't wanna make drivers wait"?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

carry on then posted:

someone already answered my question of "which state" with "canada" so that wasn't a guarantee from my perspective

santa at the north pole

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

santa at the north pole

my son has a photo with santa

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

carry on then posted:

"gently caress you pedestrians"
--midwestern urban planners

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

carry on then posted:

that's dumb as hell of them, people are just going to cross there anyway so all you're creating is a compliance problem and endangering peds in order to save like $3k on a couple curb ramps and some paint

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all you're creating is a compliance problem and endangering peds in order to save like $3k on a couple curb ramps and some paint
*~ rEiNvEnTiNg GoVeRnMeNt ~*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

santa at the north pole

the north pole is in canada.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

my link above proves otherwise

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

correct, the postal code is H0H 0H0

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

no, it’s 99705

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol democrats still getting owned despite controlling both houses, this is the republicans current relief proposal

quote:

The new proposal from a group of 10 GOP lawmakers calls for $1,000 checks per person, rather than the $1,400 sum proposed by President Joe Biden. Individuals earning up to $40,000 per year would be eligible for the full payments. Those with incomes at that threshold and above would see payments gradually phase out, and eligibility would be capped at $50,000 in annual pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

The Fool posted:

no, it’s 99705

If you send mail there does santa read it and return a letter?