Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JUNGLE BOY VS FTR MAN 58 71.60%
Britt vs The National Front Disco 2 2.47%
Eddie vs Archer 7 8.64%
Bullet Club vs Dark Order 14 17.28%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like the good brothers more when I smizz wizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Butler is very funny but it would have been really funny if Chuck had to do skits in black trunks.

Someone here made the joke of him having to do the boston crab as a finish that made me lol.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Miro making Charles wrestle matches using only a Young Lion moveset would have been a pretty good bit.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone here made the joke of him having to do the boston crab as a finish that made me lol.

Lamuella posted:

Miro making Charles wrestle matches using only a Young Lion moveset would have been a pretty good bit.

Look at these fools not knowing the Chuck Taylor deep lore. Taylor would use a single leg boston crab, the move with which he made Bryan Danielson tap out with.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

karmicknight posted:

Look at these fools not knowing the Chuck Taylor deep lore. Taylor would use a single leg boston crab, the move with which he made Bryan Danielson tap out with.

Well of course, the bit works best if Chuck absolutely DOMINATES with Young Lion moves.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Feud of the year: Britt vs AEW action figure maker Jazwares

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1356646032344514563?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Butler is very funny but it would have been really funny if Chuck had to do skits in black trunks.
and job to christopher daniels in 6-man tags on dark every week

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lone Goat posted:

I'd wait for the storyline to hit its conclusion before saying it didn't pay off

Well, it was billed as ending at the wedding and the only potential blowoff is "Chuck and/or OC beat people up and probably destroy a cake". I just wish they had more time to have fun with it and do stupid stuff on the show.

I'm also griping less about whatever the payoff is and more about how I wish it'd been given more time to build and do goofy poo poo with Chuck & Miro.

MassRafTer posted:

I've really enjoyed the butler stuff it's funny and people seem to like it? If you keep it going too long Chuck just seems like a chump. Given there is some chance that the wedding gets interrupted or ruined and Kip and Penelope are not legally married live on air the storyline could continue. If there is no marriage, he's gotta still be the Butler.

I don't *not* like it, it just feels like underdone with how silly it could be with the people involved. I guess I was feeling disappointed in how quickly it was going to be done more than anything, but –

Pylons posted:

Miro might've given away the angle on his twitch, he said Charles is still his butler after the wedding.

Didn't realize this! If it's extending beyond the wedding, then my argument will likely be moot. I feel like it was definitely promoted on TV as "butler until the wedding" at first, though, right?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Maybe Chuck is going to realize he really enjoys being a butler and Miro truly is his best friend, and volunteer to stay on indefinitely.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Maybe Chuck is going to realize he really enjoys being a butler and Miro truly is his best friend, and volunteer to stay on indefinitely.

He is going to declare he never wanted to hang out with a piece of poo poo like Orange Cassidy in the first place!!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We should have foreseen this. Chuck does like video games, and he started a Twitch channel this year.

2021 will be the year of the Best Man Friends :(

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The 8 man tag on Dynamite last week was the most edited match in AEW history because the Good Brothers couldn’t stop making jackoff motions with their hands

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/aew-made-several-edits-to-dynamite-match-last-week-and-it-wasnt-due-to-botched-moves/

quote:

“That match last week on Dynamite with the Young Bucks and Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson against the Dark Order. That was the most edited match in the history of AEW, not because they botched moves, but because Gallows and Anderson kept doing like jacking off stuff and pot stuff and things like that. They had to edit all those references off television. That was a little secret of last Wednesday’s show.”

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This was what the Young Bucks said on BTE yesterday, yes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did seem weird when Gallows screamed "I LOVE WEE- and other Nintendo consoles to play wholesome videogames on."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

This was what the Young Bucks said on BTE yesterday, yes.

Yeah, there was a clip on BTE of The Good Brothers and the Young Bucks having the dark order ready to lift into a power bomb position. Gallows then takes a hit from an invisible joint, passes to Anderson, who passes to the bucks who refuse. Gallows then takes like 5 more puffs and puts it out on Evil Uno's back

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well, it was billed as ending at the wedding and the only potential blowoff is "Chuck and/or OC beat people up and probably destroy a cake". I just wish they had more time to have fun with it and do stupid stuff on the show.

I'm also griping less about whatever the payoff is and more about how I wish it'd been given more time to build and do goofy poo poo with Chuck & Miro.

I don't *not* like it, it just feels like underdone with how silly it could be with the people involved. I guess I was feeling disappointed in how quickly it was going to be done more than anything, but –

Didn't realize this! If it's extending beyond the wedding, then my argument will likely be moot. I feel like it was definitely promoted on TV as "butler until the wedding" at first, though, right?

I'd wait for the storyline to hit its conclusion before making poo poo up and saying you didn't like the stuff you imagined.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

chuck has been a butler for 2 weeks. like 15 minutes of tv time or something like that. unless you're counting DARK, which makes it like 20 or 30? also: i like it, and therefore my experience is the counter argument.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKIG9g5WKUs
Sammy Vlog

Some real good Cody bits going on, but beyond that it just felt Fine, like on the last ropes of their last recording session. Super excited for video wars over the belt.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

I'd wait for the storyline to hit its conclusion before making poo poo up and saying you didn't like the stuff you imagined.

This should honestly be in the OP of every AEW thread.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like the butler stuff. I'm happy that they tweaked it because Im one of the many who don't know what a young boy is. My one qualm is that it's put Kip and Penelope in the shade, and it's their wedding!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1356666706064719873

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you actually can smiz wiz on tv and the misunderstanding that aew has about that is pretty annoying

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When Chuck finally does say poo poo I hope it's the one and only time the AEW censor actually hits the button on time.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKIG9g5WKUs
Sammy Vlog

Some real good Cody bits going on, but beyond that it just felt Fine, like on the last ropes of their last recording session. Super excited for video wars over the belt.

Extremely hosed up that they showed Luchasaurus in his human disguise.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is Taz going to wear that to a Dark one night?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

you actually can smiz wiz on tv and the misunderstanding that aew has about that is pretty annoying

I don’t think TNT wants any wiz smizzing

Also TSN is even more striz than TNT if i recliz clizly

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hate the bullet club's carnie speak so much.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm most interested in the Tag Team Battle Royale. I think they're doing Sammy vs. MJF at Revolution so I don't really see either of those teams winning (Or Santana and Ortiz, unless they just decide that this is where the Inner Circle completely implodes).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I feel like the Bucks winning is a red herring, but I also felt that way about FTR winning the tag belts so AEW has really messed with my brain with the Young Bucks. Outside guess, Heel Private Party?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Top Flight wins and Good Brothers try to put them out of action as an unwanted favor for the Bucks?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

uno and grayson should win the battle royale.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lone Goat posted:

This is a wild response. I made poo poo up? They said the poo poo on TV. Get outta here.

I mean it's really not hard to confirm they said, on TV, that it lasted until the wedding:https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2021/1/13/22230074/aew-dynamite-jan-13-2021-new-years-smash-results-miro-chuck-taylor-butler-young-boy

Maybe stop making poo poo up yourself, I guess?

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 2, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pylons posted:

I'm most interested in the Tag Team Battle Royale. I think they're doing Sammy vs. MJF at Revolution so I don't really see either of those teams winning (Or Santana and Ortiz, unless they just decide that this is where the Inner Circle completely implodes).

Right now I think Bucks win it and challenge the Good Brothers. On NO SURRENDER, Private Party wins the belts off of Good Brothers. Revolution has the Good Brothers win the belt due to Matt Hardy interference. Matt's main goal here is that PP are champs on a third party so he makes even more money. PP get a decently long run of a few months while the Good Brothers' run is cut short by... idk, let's say Dark Order at the next PPV.
Matt throughout this is also trying to get Hangman to join his faction, says that the bucks didn't deserve those belts.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is a wild response. I made poo poo up? They said the poo poo on TV. Get outta here.

Ganso Bomb posted:

the only potential blowoff is "Chuck and/or OC beat people up and probably destroy a cake".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Right now I think Bucks win it and challenge the Good Brothers. On NO SURRENDER, Private Party wins the belts off of Good Brothers. Revolution has the Good Brothers win the belt due to Matt Hardy interference. Matt's main goal here is that PP are champs on a third party so he makes even more money. PP get a decently long run of a few months while the Good Brothers' run is cut short by... idk, let's say Dark Order at the next PPV.
Matt throughout this is also trying to get Hangman to join his faction, says that the bucks didn't deserve those belts.

I feel like the Bucks winning and challenging the Good Brothers is too obvious, but they've made the obvious play work before, so who knows.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I feel like the Bucks winning and challenging the Good Brothers is too obvious, but they've made the obvious play work before, so who knows.

One of the things that makes AEW work is giving people what they expect in a cool way, WWE gets too cute with poo poo like that, like with Jericho at the Rumble a few years ago

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

I feel like the Bucks winning is a red herring, but I also felt that way about FTR winning the tag belts so AEW has really messed with my brain with the Young Bucks. Outside guess, Heel Private Party?

Yeah, Private Party is the horse I'm backing. I don't think they'll rush to the Good Brothers match this fast and PP getting a title shot cements the importance of their heel turn and will make for a really interesting change in dynamic from their previous matches

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One of the things that makes AEW work is giving people what they expect in a cool way, WWE gets too cute with poo poo like that, like with Jericho at the Rumble a few years ago

Yeah, but I'm not honestly sure who wants Bucks vs. Good Brothers at Revolution. It'll probably be good, because the Bucks can make any match at least good, but there are better matchups I'd rather see.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rarity posted:

Yeah, Private Party is the horse I'm backing. I don't think they'll rush to the Good Brothers match this fast and PP getting a title shot cements the importance of their heel turn and will make for a really interesting change in dynamic from their previous matches

Aren't Private Party #1 contenders for the Impact tags, too?

Would be weird to have title shots at both belts, especially since Kenny is theoretically doing the belt collector gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like you're just trying to make an argument when there isn't one, and you seem way more worked up about any of this than I am. I'm bummed that a storyline with people I like didn't get to be longer (but it might actually get to be longer), because the people I like are fun to watch and could do some good, dumb stuff with the story.

I didn't know I had to preface an opinion like talking about potential blowoff for a feud by saying that it was my opinion only and wasn't announced on TV as being the blowoff.

People have opinions. People see things differently and most of the time, they get to bullshit around and talk about that stuff without having someone like you come in and tell them they're making poo poo up for having an opinion. Other people are allowed to have opinions and thoughts on something without it meaning that they're the gospel truth or that you have to believe them.

Anyway.

Anyone think there'll be any surprise teams in the battle royal, or just the known ones? Not sure if it'd make sense to do a big surprise since I think it's just a standard battle royal and not a staggered entry one, but could be kind of fun to see a good team from Impact pop up.

OTOH, my stupid dream is for the Bucks to win and instead of challenging The Good Brothers they challenge The Golden Lovers.