Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I had no idea people had positive things to say about the ME3 multiplayer. Today has been a revelation.
it is by far the best part of me3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The multiplayers real fast casual co-op gameplay was great at the time. I was really excited for Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer as a result, but that just didn't hold up the same at all, and ME Andromeda's multiplayer had a lot of technical issues that made it not play very well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Party Boat posted:

I think the bundle thing is so you can get the remaster at a reduced price if you already own ME3 but it's really poorly presented

If they mess with the slow pace of ME1 so it's a full trilogy of rooty tooty space shooty I'll be upset

these are just going to be high res remasters though probably. i doubt bioware is doing full remakes.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I had no idea people had positive things to say about the ME3 multiplayer. Today has been a revelation.

There was a whole thread just for the ME3 multiplayer that lasted a long time. It was titled the Mass Effect 3 Redemption Zone.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the multiplayer was easily the best thing about the game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

it is by far the best part of me3

Damning it with the faintest praise.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm honestly more surprised to hear that people actually played it. I always thought of it as a tacked-on afterthought like Assassin's Creed multiplayer.

It absolutely was a tacked on afterthought but it was pretty much the most fun example of what it was at the time.

I don't think there's be much point in remastering it today unless they seriously updated it, since I don't think it does anything that hasn't been iterated on and mastered by a million other games in the last decade.

(And ME3 had plenty of good stuff, shut up).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty sure there's at least a few people left who still have the Biotic God gang tag

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing Super Metroid again (2nd time!), I have noticed that everything likes to take it in the mouth in order to be killed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One time I used the word “anime” around my dad (probably complaining about how bad it is and how it ruined video games) but my dad didn’t know what it meant so I had to say, “Japanese animation”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stev posted:

It absolutely was a tacked on afterthought but it was pretty much the most fun example of what it was at the time.

I don't think there's be much point in remastering it today unless they seriously updated it, since I don't think it does anything that hasn't been iterated on and mastered by a million other games in the last decade.

(And ME3 had plenty of good stuff, shut up).

They also supported it with free dlc and patches for years, it was great. Andromeda has a similar but worse system and Inquisition's was just trash

Anthem kinda sorta played like it but, you know, lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Damning it with the faintest praise.

I played like 1200 hours of me3 multiplayer

It really was that good

It was kinda like Warframe, sorta

Or phantasy star online, ish

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its also a gacha game. bioware tricking millions of people to love a gacha game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

One time I used the word “anime” around my dad (probably complaining about how bad it is and how it ruined video games) but my dad didn’t know what it meant so I had to say, “Japanese animation”

truly committed to owning yourself in front of your father

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Ehhhh. I mean yeah it had loot boxes but the way they were implemented didn't really encourage playing to get them past a certain point, both because a shocking number of guns were viable and you earned money so slow and match length was so long that you kinda had to be playing because you genuinely enjoyed it.

It was simply too hard and involved to be a game where you just played to unlock boxes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

If only more of them were good (ie: the system is set up so you're a dumb moron if you spend money on it), like ME3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Weren't the characters locked behind lootboxes I remember never being able to get the one asari I wanted

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Weren't the characters locked behind lootboxes I remember never being able to get the one asari I wanted

I don't remember how it was exactly but I don't remember being offended by the model. you earned stuff at a good clip iirc

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh hell yeah, Nicky G dropped a 2:30 hour video on half life

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

If only more of them were good (ie: thesystem is set up so you're a dumb moron if you spend money on it ), like ME3

That's every gacha game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If it wasn't for anime videogames would have stopped existing after 1983. It would have been Oregon Trail all the way down.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

who

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Walla posted:

If it wasn't for anime videogames would have stopped existing after 1983. It would have been Oregon Trail all the way down.

That's the blessed timeline

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

I am not viewing this as a bad thing, but I feel like i'm suppose to? :thunk:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Simone Magus posted:

noah caldwell-gervais? I watched his two hour half life video yesterday and it was good

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I guess I found the Oregon Trail fans. :)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

If only more of them were good (ie: the system is set up so you're a dumb moron if you spend money on it), like ME3
thats almost all of them

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm honestly more surprised to hear that people actually played it. I always thought of it as a tacked-on afterthought like Assassin's Creed multiplayer.

Wait but I liked Assassin's Creed multiplayer a whole bunch too, it's a great game of cat and mouse and I haven't really seen much that's similar

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

Different weapons and characters were different rarities and different lootboxes would guarantee certain rarities (and also later on, guarantee rare weapons OR rare characters, if you're gunning for the god damned piece of poo poo cerberus harrier I never got the entire loving time argh), and winning a game on hard or hardest would guarantee you, more or less, the bioware bux to buy one of the highest tier box. Repeats increased the power of the weapon or unlocked cosmetics for the model and boosted their minimum level, if you had never played their class. You also got one time (and later permanent) gear modifiers.

So you could spend twenty dollars on a 5 pack or whatever it was and hope for the best, or you could just win a few times, or if it was too much, lose a couple times, since cash was paid about based on the wave you hit, and you basically had to put the controller down to lose by wave 3.

Different characters skewed towards the ridiculous by the end as they kept going and just kept loving around, but except for a few, the game was pretty well balanced (and broken in the player's favor) so you could win easily with the starting classes you had or anything else, too, and some classes were just "the starting class, but instead of X power it's Y". Different powers and techs could combo into enemy-staggering explosions which was at high difficulties the thing that mattered more than anything that wasn't one-shotting guys or not getting sync killed by boss enemies. It was pretty friendly all around.

homeless snail posted:

thats almost all of them

Even more than usual then

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 2, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arzaac posted:

Wait but I liked Assassin's Creed multiplayer a whole bunch too, it's a great game of cat and mouse and I haven't really seen much that's similar

Yeah! AC Black Flag multiplayer was a surprising amount of fun and I am sad UBISoft decided not to include it in the series after that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

MMF Freeway posted:

noah caldwell-gervais? I watched his two hour half life video yesterday and it was good

Yeah him :)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Talk about video games videos in this thread if you want but there's also a dedicated thread for it too:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957328

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Walla posted:

I guess I found the Oregon Trail fans. :)

as a kid the danger music from oregon trail 2 scared me

as an adult i have a fondness for the peperony and chease meme

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I have a feeling this is a mistake. There are going to be a lot of people playing, and getting pissed at ME3 for the first time.

Bioware, in obviously not making any changes, is just asking for another PR poo poo storm.

It won't be as bad because it's not going to be people who invested years, it will just be weeks. But people aren't going to be happy.

This half-assed remake is such a bad idea. If they are going to do it, do it right. No one wanted the same games with a new paint job. They wanted the games rewritten into a cohesive story and with the same gameplay all the way through.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm what you might call a whale, thats right, ive spent upwards of $30 on genshin impact and don't really have anything to show for it (except for the one character i really wanted, and a bunch of other ones i dont care about, and a mountain of upgrade materials that i'm still coasting on). so take it from me, paying for gacha is Dumb

better value than most $60 games ive played though, considering ive probably played 300+ hours of genshin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that said i'm probably gonna throw a couple of bucks at mahjong soul today

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've played my fair share of gacha games and they can be pretty cleanly divided into two categories, games where you can do most or all of the content without spending any money, and games I drop after a week

There's quite a large number of games that fall under the first category though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waltzing Along posted:

They wanted the games rewritten into a cohesive story and with the same gameplay all the way through.

Do people really want this in 2021? I definitely don't want them to replace 1's gameplay and the story is the story. The best thing to do is to take a step back, assess what went wrong with 3, learn lessons and write the next chapter (but better than the last time they did that).

BioWare basically doesn't exist anymore though so may as well just leave it.

Waltzing Along posted:

This half-assed remake is such a bad idea. If they are going to do it, do it right.

It's not a remake.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i don't understand how you could rewrite mass effect 1-3 into a "cohesive story", they're three extremely different games tonally. youd just be making new games at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm guessing most people who play the ME trilogy for the first time in 2021 would probably just see ME3's extended cut as somewhat abrupt and disappointing rather than the Worst Thing Ever as built up by 4+ years of expectations. ME3 has a lot of deeper problems than just the ending anyway, problems that would take structural changes EA is clearly not willing to make with this remaster.