Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

stop your whining anfd become a cetacean then, see if i give a rats rear end
might i suggest an alternative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

rotor posted:

stop your whining anfd become a cetacean then, see if i give a rats rear end

Just because I have to be transported by a forklift in one of those canvas dolphin slings doesn't mean you can call me a cetacean.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ornamental slingfat lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Listen FAT16 would be an OK user name.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/rulesobeyer/status/1348687345307054084

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

ornamental slingfat lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

ornamental slingfat lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

no joke though morbid obesity is one of those things i find profoundly disturbing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

turn

on

your

monitorrrrrrrrrr

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/notbrunoagain/status/1341458515232235520?s=21

also

https://twitter.com/notbrunoagain/status/1341136728627830786?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

no joke though morbid obesity is one of those things i find profoundly disturbing

se7en took its toll on all of us in some way or another.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

ooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

yeah, it sucks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

When you think about it, with all the health effects that have been shown to be linked to weight, you probably don't even need to be morbidly obese to be "morbidly obese" in the sense that your weight will kill you; just being overweight may be enough. Doubtless this will make things less disturbing for you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mystes posted:

When you think about it, with all the health effects that have been shown to be linked to weight, you probably don't even need to be morbidly obese to be "morbidly obese" in the sense that your weight will kill you; just being overweight may be enough. Doubtless this will make things less disturbing for you.

yeah this isn’t actually what I’m talking about, more people that are like 500lb blobs

it’s such a derangement of what a human is supposed to look like i think it triggers some uncanny valley stuff idk

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
once your weigh more than 3 normal people its pretty messed up, like you got to eat a bucket of chicken everyday just to maintain that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Perplx posted:

once your weigh more than 3 normal people its pretty messed up, like you got to eat a bucket of chicken everyday just to maintain that

It's hard work but I'm up to the task.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's hard work but I'm up to the task.

:patriot:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Perplx posted:

you don't really, all those "estimate your caloric requirement" things kinda go off the deep end at very high weights and fat-to-everything-else ratios. obv you'd still have to eat a pretty good amount, but not the absolute gluttony it seems like. just, like, regular American gluttony

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

you don't really, all those "estimate your caloric requirement" things kinda go off the deep end at very high weights and fat-to-everything-else ratios. obv you'd still have to eat a pretty good amount, but not the absolute gluttony it seems like. just, like, regular American gluttony

Watch My 600 Lb Life, one of the constants of that show is that no matter how much people say they're eating normal amounts, they are eating non-stop (usually with the help of enablers). The opening suggestion for people on that show is always to throw out the cookies and just sit in place and move their arms and legs for set intervals and they lose 30-50 lbs just doing that.

It can't be stressed enough that there is almost always an enabler.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Watch My 600 Lb Life

no

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

and often it is/was well-meaning silent gen types that lived through the great depression and will never let that happen again. We don't really have much obesity in our family (besides my uncle that moved to milwaukee, oof) but grandma would literally break a sweat just trying to fatten the grandkids up every visit. mom had to pull her aside like five times as I was growing up.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
we grew up relatively poor and during the week my dad would be off driving truck and my mom would often have to work evening shifts so we'd be on our own to eat

she'd make up for it by leaving us cheap, carb heavy snacks she would bake herself for us and on those nights we would often eat things like pasta with sauce, pizza pops, hot dogs, whatever was easy for us to make and cheap for her to buy

i was still a skinny kid because i was active as hell back then but the double whammy of learning to gorge on those foods plus no parental supervision meant it eventually caught up with me when i was an adult

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
tori talks a lot about how being short is evidence of poverty and honestly to a point that's true. i think the same is true of obesity (again, just to a point, but still)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the saddest part is when poor people are both fat and malnourished

my mom managed to get us to choke down vegetables occasionally so at least i never had rickets or whatever, lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Watch My 600 Lb Life

plz stop shilling your vlog itt.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

President Beep posted:

plz stop shilling your vlog itt.

my 600 shitposts per day life

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Watch My 600 Lb Life, one of the constants of that show is that no matter how much people say they're eating normal amounts, they are eating non-stop (usually with the help of enablers). The opening suggestion for people on that show is always to throw out the cookies and just sit in place and move their arms and legs for set intervals and they lose 30-50 lbs just doing that.

absolutely not

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cold on a Cob posted:

tori talks a lot about how being short is evidence of poverty and honestly to a point that's true. i think the same is true of obesity (again, just to a point, but still)
Until I moved out to Los Angeles, the single longest I ever lived in one place was in North Shore, Ca, an unincorporated area on the border of Imperial County, right next to Bombay Beach which is just... gently caress. It's a place you end up, not a place you go, unless you're a trust-fund rear end in a top hat in East Jesus.

Suffice it to say, we weren't doing well. I went hungry some nights, although sometimes that was punishment. However, I didn't have to eat literal garbage until I was well into my teens and comparing being America-poor in those days to vast swathes of real poor everywhere else, yeah, kind of a poo poo flex.

Cos my dad grew up way better off than I did and my mom worse, and he was 5'nothing, my mom 5'7 and me somewhere in the middle.

Some people are just short. It's okay. No need to turn it into Some Big Tragedy

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
being undernourished in childhood (esp ages 0 to 2) can make you shorter than you may have turned out (also weaker and developmentally disabled) but yeah, some people are well fed and just short. hence i say "to a point"

i don't think short jokes track as anti-poor jokes though. a person can be an idiot and that could be from undernourishment as a child but that doesn't mean calling people idiots = anti-poor mockery.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean i'm 5'9" and rich as hell so

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

That's just what Citadel wants you to think.

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.

Cold on a Cob posted:

I don't think we have a proper calibration for how cheap we've made calories. (Not nutrition, calories.) Unless you are exceptionally, desperately poor in america you have access to abundance that would make a 17th century aristocrat deeply envious.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Nevergirls posted:

I don't think we have a proper calibration for how cheap we've made calories. (Not nutrition, calories.) Unless you are exceptionally, desperately poor in america you have access to abundance that would make a 17th century aristocrat deeply envious.

yep. it happens a lot less now. i still donate to food banks a lot though b/c while i was rarely hungry, i grew up around people that were and it sucks.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean i'm 5'9" and rich as hell so

wow did not know they stacked posts that high! XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

they aired the new yokozuna doc after the rumble on sunday and it was incredibly sad