Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There exists an additional Persona game: "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whats the use of having a mouse if you dont have to click on 20 different barrels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

pc gamers enjoy that

Yeah - they're sick!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Clip of Aris talking about how playing a game with a mouse and keyboard feels just like work.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pc gamer brain:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i thought the ending was good but i guess people think the only good rpg ending is one where you fight an objectively evil wizard and get the good ending, instead of having to learn about the world and make an informed decision

I bounced off divinity multiple times but once it clicked I was addicted, i heard the switch version is very respectable

yeah i felt like they made it pretty clear ahead of time that you cant realistically fight eothas and win and it's about choosing what matters and fighting for that, which imo is solid writing. idk. this is kind of making me want to replay it lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

yeah i felt like they made it pretty clear ahead of time that you cant realistically fight eothas and win and it's about choosing what matters and fighting for that, which imo is solid writing. idk. this is kind of making me want to replay it lol

the way they made that extremely clear after the volcanic area was cool as gently caress lol. pillars rules. i should loving play it again lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

Lol *repressing the undoubtedly 500+ cumulative hours in my life I've spent tapping Confirm on every barrel, stool and clock in every JRPG ever made to see if it has a potion* Lol!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol *repressing the undoubtedly 500+ cumulative hours in my life I've spent tapping Confirm on every barrel, stool and clock in every JRPG ever made to see if it has a potion* Lol!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

In Training posted:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

big fan of the RPG genre here. currently doing lufia 2 ancient cave runs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

divinity is godly with friends. Closest game I've played to capturing the fun of board gaming RPGs with a group of pals at a table

played through it co-op twice, it's really fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

calm down calm down take one of these

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

phew. i'm sure something special is gonna happen if I get lots of these..better keep opening barrels.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

p5 does a lot of things really well, its really just the writing that's kind of a letdown. the art design and soundtrack are godlike and basically all the mechanics changes are really good. baton pass is sick, tying mechanical upgrades to social links was a very smart choice, adding negotiation and like pablo said having the enemies be personas was great, the social stuff is as good as it's ever been in a persona game, and handmade dungeons are 100% better than randomized dungeons. if theyd just managed to make the rest of the writing around the palaces as sick as the first one p5 would be a perfect game

The writing is definitely a stand out for the lowest quality aspect. The second and third palaces are just like why do I care? The fourth palace (which I just finished) has some more personal emotional stakes and was much better because of it.
Outside the original trio, none of the new party members are any good. I wish I could tell Yusuke the autistic pervert to gently caress off tbqh. Also the detective boy is such a oval office and I find it cooked that him and the protagonist would hang out at all.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah - they're sick!!

the real sickness is playing fantasy wrpg turds where you have to vacuum up pile s of trash to crft poo poo. whoM cares how many awesome button presses it takes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bought ys8 to play on my rig since it runs liek poo poo on switch. AND i can get the old botched translation since the sjws removed the line about "dana's big hole."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

the real sickness is playing fantasy wrpg turds where you have to vacuum up pile s of trash to crft poo poo. whoM cares how many awesome button presses it takes.

It’s actually good and normal to have an inventory full of apples, pot lids, potions of lesser agility, rotten apples, kobold loincloths, boar hides boar tusks and boar hooves

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s actually good and normal to have an inventory full of apples, pot lids, potions of lesser agility, rotten apples, kobold loincloths, boar hides boar tusks and boar hooves
Never know when you might need them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Awesome: 300 rare 5 star gild beaver nutsacks in rdr2.

Fail/crimge: 300 rare 5 star Donald testicles in western rtwp trash.

Edit: phine is forcing me to say kobald instead of kobald

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Donald testicles

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Donald testicles sounds like a character from the dream thread

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

lol yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ended up romancing Ann in PErsona... I already decided to since she was clearly better than any of the other girls that have been introduced. I wasnt sure if romancing was a thing until the loving homeroom teacher/maid came up as an option lmfao. I gues severy woman in the game is fair game, even like licensed medical doctors and alcoholic mid career reporters etc? Joker is like 16/17 right? He aint even a senior. Anyway, ann didnt have any rivals aside from Makoto, who reminds me of my wife (pushy oval office) or the beautiful Shogi Idol, who just arent that good cf Ann-dono

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

water bed goo is stored in the Donald testicles

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

laughing at the spell "prostasia" in vagrant story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I really liked the dual protagonists thing from Divinity: Original Sin 1, I wish more games would do something like that

Wasteland 3 does this also, sort of. You still get a full squad but your first 2 are your main bros