Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JUNGLE BOY VS FTR MAN 58 71.60%
Britt vs The National Front Disco 2 2.47%
Eddie vs Archer 7 8.64%
Bullet Club vs Dark Order 14 17.28%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like you're just trying to make an argument when there isn't one, and you seem way more worked up about any of this than I am. I'm bummed that a storyline with people I like didn't get to be longer (but it might actually get to be longer), because the people I like are fun to watch and could do some good, dumb stuff with the story.

I didn't know I had to preface an opinion like talking about potential blowoff for a feud by saying that it was my opinion only and wasn't announced on TV as being the blowoff.

People have opinions. People see things differently and most of the time, they get to bullshit around and talk about that stuff without having someone like you come in and tell them they're making poo poo up for having an opinion. Other people are allowed to have opinions and thoughts on something without it meaning that they're the gospel truth or that you have to believe them.

Anyway.

Anyone think there'll be any surprise teams in the battle royal, or just the known ones? Not sure if it'd make sense to do a big surprise since I think it's just a standard battle royal and not a staggered entry one, but could be kind of fun to see a good team from Impact pop up.

Impact doesn't really have any good teams right now, unfortunately. Sabin and Storm could show up but.. eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That is a No More Heroes looking T-shirt if I ever saw one and by that I mean I bought it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

Yeah, but I'm not honestly sure who wants Bucks vs. Good Brothers at Revolution. It'll probably be good, because the Bucks can make any match at least good, but there are better matchups I'd rather see.

If it's the start of a bigger BC vs Elite story I'm fine with it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"I'm teaming with Juvi?!"

"well no it's a guy who looks just like him, but he's a fuckin jobber like you."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Impact doesn't really have any good teams right now, unfortunately. Sabin and Storm could show up but.. eh.

I wonder how many fun plans had to go out the window with MCMG being unable to do stuff with Shelley being out. Any team in AEW vs MCMG would be pretty great.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hello

a gbs thread convinced me to give AEW a shot having not watched any wrestling since I was like, 11.

Started with the 1/20 episode and just watched the 1/27 episode. I went apeshit when Silver started zooming around outside the ring in the last match. very excited to watch tomorrow live :tipshat:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

hello

a gbs thread convinced me to give AEW a shot having not watched any wrestling since I was like, 11.

Started with the 1/20 episode and just watched the 1/27 episode. I went apeshit when Silver started zooming around outside the ring in the last match. very excited to watch tomorrow live :tipshat:

Welcome aboard!

Do you have any favourite wrestlers so far?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

hello

Welcome! You should watch Kenny/Hangman vs the Young Bucks!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Aardvark! posted:

hello

:getin: livepost with us!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aardvark! posted:

hello

John Silver is an amazing tiny cannonball man

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

hello

Hell yea welcome, the live threads are a lot of fun. If you have the opportunity, going back to watch a few of the best matches in AEW's young history is a really fun time. I recommend...

Jon Moxley Vs Kenny Omega from Full Gear 2019
Brodie Lee Vs. Dustin Rhodes from Dynamite 9/9/2020
Cody Rhodes Vs. Dustin Rhodes from Double or Nothing 2019
Nyla Rose Vs. Riho from Dynamite 12/2/2020
Best Friends Vs. Proud and Powerful from Dynamite 9/16/2020

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Welcome, have you considered joining the Dark Order? Have you heard the good news about :wardlow:?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BASTARDPAC/status/1356696263752900610

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Aardvark! posted:

hello

Welcome to the thread, and glad you like the show. Silver is awesome, just a crazy little ball of energy, and he's grown so much this year.

Let us know if you want any match suggestions. People will probably give them to you anyway :)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

duckdealer posted:

Welcome aboard!

Do you have any favourite wrestlers so far?

I started really cheering for Sammy Guevara in that all Inner Circle match.

There are definitely others I liked. Jungle Boy's whole stable rules. John Silver obviously.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
John Silver being a breakout star is wild, I remember being disappointed that him and Reynolds started out doing job duty and thinking that's all they'd do

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 2, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my least favorite wrestler is the old guy who came out and jerked off Cody Rhodes for 5 minutes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Aardvark! posted:

hello

imagine thinking that wrestling isn't cool as heck lmao

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Aardvark! posted:

my least favorite wrestler is the old guy who came out and jerked off Cody Rhodes for 5 minutes

Just wait until he hits someone with his annual spinebuster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aardvark! posted:

Arn Anderson? He's not a wrestler, he's Cody's manager

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I am the leader of the AEW faction No Mods No Masters and I say you CAN'T post with us

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

Yeah, Arn can be a lot to take if you don't know his history. AEW are keen on having older wrestlers around who represent the legacy of the business, hence you're got Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard (who were in the Four Horsemen with Ric Flair back in the 80s) and Jake Roberts. I can see why without the history Arn might just seem like a weird grandpa.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING EXTREMELY CURSED AND I FEEL I MUST SHARE IT TO EASE THE BURDEN ON MY SOUL

BEHOLD

PREPPY LACROSSE HOOK

...he is adorable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Taz and his wife are such adorable proud parents.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

StarkRavingMad posted:

I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING EXTREMELY CURSED AND I FEEL I MUST SHARE IT TO EASE THE BURDEN ON MY SOUL

BEHOLD

PREPPY LACROSSE HOOK

...he is adorable

Big Staten Island/Westchester County energy.

Google is telling me this is Nassau County, which would’ve been my third guess.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Rarity posted:

Arn Anderson? He's not a wrestler, he's Cody's manager

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, Arn can be a lot to take if you don't know his history. AEW are keen on having older wrestlers around who represent the legacy of the business, hence you're got Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard (who were in the Four Horsemen with Ric Flair back in the 80s) and Jake Roberts. I can see why without the history Arn might just seem like a weird grandpa.

I figured as much from the context. Just a little joke, without the history it was really the only bit I got bored with. Possibly because I hate looking at Cody Rhodes's face.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

Was that on Dark

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

I figured as much from the context. Just a little joke, without the history it was really the only bit I got bored with. Possibly because I hate looking at Cody Rhodes's face.

At least that distracts you from looking at Cody Rhodes' neck!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was that on Dark

yeah it was crazy, amazing what you can get away with on youtube these days

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't believe Sammy's vlog is powerful enough to bring back both bears.

Aardvark! posted:

hello

How do you feel about Hook?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aardvark! posted:

hello

I take back when I called you Shane O' Mac.

That was rude and I apologize.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also Aardvark join us for AEW Dark tonight at 7 EST on Youtube!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was that on Dark

Sammy's vlog

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:getin: livepost with us!!

.............on the discord heyyoooooooooo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MassRafTer posted:

How do you feel about Hook?

I don't know who that is. :ohdear:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Aardvark! posted:

You'll do well here

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

I don't know who that is. :ohdear:

Taz's son, the kid in the hoodie who was beating up the guys at the merch table. He's a bit of a subforum mascot because he's a scowling brat.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Taz's son, the kid in the hoodie who was beating up the guys at the merch table. He's a bit of a subforum mascot because he's a scowling brat.

Also his dad took him out of his wrestling school to homeschool him because Taz got mad at Cody Rhodes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Taz and his wife are such adorable proud parents.

Eh the wife isn't square enough for my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hook hit a nasty suplex last week on Dark. I'm excited to see him do exactly one move this week too.