Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bay thought the murdering was funny

It was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Someone dying isn’t funny, but the circumstances of one’s death can be funny

For example, jacking off to death

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Speaking of, one character in spartacus got buried into the walls of the arena :allears:

Also crixus is such a hunk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have only watched pieces of the first Transformers and none of the others so I would want to keep it that way!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ve seen some of the Snyder DC universe movies but I have absolutely no memory of any of them so it’d at least be novel; theyd all feel new to me. Watching 10+ hours of Transformers movies sounds like literal torture. Like, I’d rather be waterboarded

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LanceHunter posted:

Honestly, who even gives a gently caress if they retcon the ST or not. You can just enjoy Mandalorian for what it is. If you can't enjoy the story being told without knowing about how it effects some irrelevant piece of continuity, you're missing the point.

I don't think it's irrelevant that Luke got all of his students murdered when the Mandalorian ends with Luke taking Grogu away to his school

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

I don't think it's irrelevant that Luke got all of his students murdered when the Mandalorian ends with Luke taking Grogu away to his school

The ST is just a story black hole, and all of these new D+ series are just going to eventually collapse into it. The New Republic and New Jedi Order are just completely steamrolled off screen, all the legacy characters are pathetic failures and nothing interesting is developed or added. It’s pretty telling that none of these new projects are set after the the ST. No one wants to see the new adventures of Rose Tico.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Who?

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

But the Mandalorian hasn't ended, there's more to come.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The animal rights crusader

Rose Tico posted:

"If you told me I could only see one creature in the galaxy, it would be a fathier. Someday I want to see a fathier race! I wouldn't even bet – I'd just watch!"
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Fathier

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Andrew Verse posted:

But the Mandalorian hasn't ended, there's more to come.
like when you're taking an especially big dump and the first turd is firm and solid but the rest is a semiliquid slurry

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

like when you're taking an especially big dump and the first turd is firm and solid but the rest is a semiliquid slurry

You mean popping the champagne cork?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Mando season 3: baby yoda comes back home from lukes jedi school and you won't believe what happened to the temple and the guys nephew

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUaAbsGbz2w&t=7s

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Expanse is good.

Season Finale spoiler:
:lol:The actor who played Alex the pilot got canceled for being a creep, so his character died of a heart attack in the middle of a scene.:lol:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The Expanse is good.

Season Finale spoiler:
:lol:The actor who played Alex the pilot got canceled for being a creep, so his character died of a heart attack in the middle of a scene.:lol:

gently caress that sucks. Alex was always one of my favorites from the books.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Galewolf posted:

No Joker but Jack Nicholson's for me which is not influenced by any shape or form by the fact that Tim Burton Batman being the first moopie I have ever seen in a theater.

Hamill is the definitive Joker but I'll always go to bat for the hosed up martial arts Joker from The Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M3ygrHlsdM

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dude who talked up Lupin, thanks. Its a fun show. The right kind of silly without falling into the arrogant smug trap that Sherlock did.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dude who talked up Lupin, thanks. Its a fun show. The right kind of silly without falling into the arrogant smug trap that Sherlock did.

Yeah! The one problem is can’t have it on in the background, like any subtitled show :haw:

Also re The expanse jeez they packed more stuff in that one episode than they did for half the season! Pacing, people!

Also Drummer owns, Bobbie owns, Amos tricking Holden owns

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

I watched the most recent movie over the weekend, it was p okay- no castle cagliostro but then what is, still a movie that didn't make me want to be dead. Lupin, is good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

I watched the most recent movie over the weekend, it was p okay- no castle cagliostro but then what is, still a movie that didn't make me want to be dead. Lupin, is good

The CGI movie? I haven't seen it yet but I want to, it looks gorgeous.

But I'm talking about the show about the Senegalese thief who takes notes from the Arsène Lupin novels that's on Netflix right now. It's fun.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

The CGI movie? I haven't seen it yet but I want to, it looks gorgeous.

But I'm talking about the show about the Senegalese thief who takes notes from the Arsène Lupin novels that's on Netflix right now. It's fun.

Yeah I was. It's a looker for sure. I didn't even fathom lupin that isn't from nippon, its true home :japan:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I wish to be dead

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
reylodaily.tumblr.com

"What is the most dated web URL from 2018 for 500."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arcsquad12 posted:

gently caress that sucks. Alex was always one of my favorites from the books.

Hell he was one of my favorites on the show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Taintrunner posted:

I wish to be dead

Do those guys not know what "social hygiene" means?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Fandom? more like fan DUMB

haha

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
IDK how this idea even got started that Mandalorian is going to retcon the sequel trilogy. Yeah ok, Luke showed up, but there isn't anything beyond that which couldn't be explained away with one line of dialog. Which tends to be the show's way of dealing with canon in general -- once in a while a character will say "the empire blah blah blah" and that's it.

Imagine getting this worked up about something which, at most, will probably be resolved by someone simply saying "Grogu escaped by using the Force"

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If someone posts spoilers for the loving expanse season 5 finale in this thread I'm going to poo poo

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sir Lemming posted:

IDK how this idea even got started that Mandalorian is going to retcon the sequel trilogy. Yeah ok, Luke showed up, but there isn't anything beyond that which couldn't be explained away with one line of dialog. Which tends to be the show's way of dealing with canon in general -- once in a while a character will say "the empire blah blah blah" and that's it.

Imagine getting this worked up about something which, at most, will probably be resolved by someone simply saying "Grogu escaped by using the Force"

Or, like, the Jedi school was blown up over 20 years after Luke picked up Grogu. He probably completed his training and is out doing other things long before it happened.

The idea that Baby Yoda definitely died when Kylo Ren did a school shooting is this weird syncretic interpretation of the materials that has nothing to do with what we've been shown. It's on the same level as the insane ReyLo fans who built this enormous backstory about how Kylo Ren had an abusive home life and that justified his bad boy behavior.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

grogus been a baby for 50 years he'll be in jedi school for centuries before hes graduated

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I wonder, if Sheev and Darth Plaeguis cummed to Force to create anakin and Sheev also had sex, aren't Kylo and Rey cousins???? :thunk:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Galewolf posted:

I wonder, if Sheev and Darth Plaeguis cummed to Force to create anakin and Sheev also had sex, aren't Kylo and Rey cousins???? :thunk:

i mean i dont know how human parthenogenesis works but i don't think that's the case

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Luke is Harry Potter
Vader is Snape
Emperor is Voldy
Leia is Ron Weasley

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Vader kills ObiWan

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yoda is Hagrid

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yer a jedi, luke

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

grogus been a baby for 50 years he'll be in jedi school for centuries before hes graduated

To be fair he might of been like some sort of grub growing in a pod underground for 40 years. We don't know yodas biology.

Maybe he'll grow up faster now :shrug:

E: oh wait I forgot he was trained in the ways of the force prequel era lol

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 3, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sir Lemming posted:

IDK how this idea even got started that Mandalorian is going to retcon the sequel trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH1lAoCuA-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LanceHunter posted:

Or, like, the Jedi school was blown up over 20 years after Luke picked up Grogu. He probably completed his training and is out doing other things long before it happened.

The idea that Baby Yoda definitely died when Kylo Ren did a school shooting is this weird syncretic interpretation of the materials that has nothing to do with what we've been shown. It's on the same level as the insane ReyLo fans who built this enormous backstory about how Kylo Ren had an abusive home life and that justified his bad boy behavior.

Human children spend 12 years at school. Grogu develops so slowly, he is still a baby at age 50.

It is completely reasonable to assume that he would spend 20-30 years at school, and so would be there when all the students get murdered.