Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ibblebibble posted:

I believe its gimmick is that it will have a different elemental configuration each time you fight it? Mine was water when I fought it with Ganyu.

Also you can counter its big attack with a geo or like-element shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
My fifth roll of the new banner got me a 5-star! And... it's Mona. I'm not going to complain though since it was only the ~20th roll into the character banner after my last 5-star pull. I have exactly 50% off-banner character pulls on the banner though... at least my next one is guaranteed! I really hope there's a venti banner soon because I'm definitely not interested in Keqing.

What kind of teams is Mona actually useful in? I seem to remember a finnicky setup designed to do a huge single ult... does she do anything else? I usually run with Diluc/Bennett/XQ and have Ganyu and Childe in the mix.

Speaking of luck, my gf saved all through last banner because she wanted Xiao. Her first 10-roll gave her a Diluc (her first) fresh off of hitting pity back on Albedo. Her next 10-roll gave her the Xiao. I couldn't believe it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Republicans posted:

Also you can counter its big attack with a geo or like-element shield.

Doesn't have to be like-element, I blocked the water attack with a Xinyan shield.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you deal more damage back to the boss if your shield is same element or geo

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Bloody Emissary posted:

I'm very jealous. My pity counter is at a solid 80 after spending all my stored-up wishes, so I'm going to have to wait for the slow trickle of daily primogems to see if I hit the 50/50 on pity. If not I will definitely try that complaining thing!

In fairness, my luck is generally hot garbage. After a Diluc dupe, the game kinda owed me.

Don't worry though, I'm no longer guaranteed the banner character so the next time I roll I'm gonna get Diluc C2.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I just loaded into 1.3, where do I find the mint-to-Not-Mint transmutation device? I see the gemstone swap recipes at the craft station

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

zgrowler2 posted:

I just loaded into 1.3, where do I find the mint-to-Not-Mint transmutation device? I see the gemstone swap recipes at the craft station

You get the quest for it from Lan, the lady next to the Liyue Harbor adventurer's guild desk

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

ThePineapple posted:

What kind of teams is Mona actually useful in? I seem to remember a finnicky setup designed to do a huge single ult... does she do anything else? I usually run with Diluc/Bennett/XQ and have Ganyu and Childe in the mix.

Anything with a Bennet and a carry you can swap out. That whole single ult is pretty much her only gimmick. I have no idea what the rest of your roster is like but a Ganyu/Mona/Bennet/whatever comp would be a great team B.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Kurious Kamera quest is pretty weird. I found out that taking pictures of (red, as it is today) enemies doesn't count so I hunted down red stuff like a chili, an apple etc. and then it claimed I'd taken a picture of a carrot already even though I hadn't. For the final five or so pictures I just took pictures of sunsettia every time I came across them and it somehow counted. So I guess you can take pictures of the same sort of thing just as long as it's not the same thing. The rewards (for the individual photos) seem random. I got all of them for today and like half of what I need for tomorrow.

Also drat, Barbara got depressed overnight, it seems. "Go. Barbara.. go."

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mihoyo, you have other characters... STOP USING KAEYA AND LISA IN YOUR TEST RUNS.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Stare-Out posted:

Also drat, Barbara got depressed overnight, it seems. "Go. Barbara.. go."

She's hit the end of the idol cycle. :(

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
kaeya, barbara, xiangling, lisa and amber are the guaranteed characters everyone should be familiar with, so they get used in the trials

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every trial reminds me that Kaeya is actually pretty good, and then I go back to my gacha characters

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Did a single standard roll from leveling Xiao and got a 2nd Amber constellation. Can Ganyu's charged shot trigger C2 Baron Bunny or will only Amber's do it?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

I fed a bunch of purple weapon ascension mats into the Parametric Transformer and got these:
  • 40000 Mora
  • Weapon Ore: 4 blue / 9 green
  • Decarabian: 1 blue / 2 green
  • Wolf Tooth: 1 green
  • Shackles: 3 green
  • Guyun: 3 green
  • Elixir: 2 green
  • Aerosiderite: 1 green

Anyone want to try 150 mint and compare?

Transmutation of nothing but purple mitachurl horns:

• 20000 Mora
  • Weapon Ore: 4 blue / 9 green
  • Pyro Gem: 1 green
  • Hydro Gem: 1 green
  • Decarabian: 1 green
  • Wolf Tooth: 1 green
  • Shackles: 2 green
  • Guyun: 4 green
  • Elixir: 2 green
  • Aerosiderite: 2 green

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 3, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Did some pulls and got a Xiao and felt pretty good about that, then looked over and saw my boyfriend pull C2 Xiao and then the Jade Spear back to back. welp :shepface:

I have a Skyward Spine, but I don't know who it'd be better for, Zhongli or Xiao? I have Favonius Lance and Deathmatch as alternatives for whoever doesn't get it, but I like both characters and plan on using both as carries, so... :shrug:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Mix. posted:

Did some pulls and got a Xiao and felt pretty good about that, then looked over and saw my boyfriend pull C2 Xiao and then the Jade Spear back to back. welp :shepface:

I have a Skyward Spine, but I don't know who it'd be better for, Zhongli or Xiao? I have Favonius Lance and Deathmatch as alternatives for whoever doesn't get it, but I like both characters and plan on using both as carries, so... :shrug:

Carry Zhongli prefers Jade Winged Spear, Vortex Vanquisher, Crescent Pike or Deathmatch over Skyward Spine. Jury's still out on Xiao's gear. I'd give the Skyward weapon to Xiao for now

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Mailer posted:

She's hit the end of the idol cycle. :(

What Rosaria said to her during Dragonspine probably got to her.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

surprised the new boss isn't weekly just a weird character leveling guy. I guess they did need more of those but the fight feels closer to wolf than any of the elemental dudes.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So Xiao introduced a Honkai concept. Shuttling.

Shame they locked Seele levels of shuttling behind C6. The absurdity of someone doing their best sonic the hedgehog impersonation across the battlefield would be hilarious.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

also it feels like they toned down the sounds in general. music is not playing nearly as much.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also, I think I discovered a secret. When doing the bonfires in a certain quest, they're clearly using some sort of symbols. Does someone still have that alphabet to translate the chapter openings and Khaen'riah script? Because it appears to be spelling out a message. Figured i'd cross reference it with that, since Dainsleif is involved

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 3, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

There aren't any sword users that scale off of HP yet, right? The new sword seems kind of weird. I'm sure it's still good just by virtue of being a 5* with crit rate substat, but there don't seem to be any characters that are specifically tailored for it (a spear version of that sword would be nuts for Zhongli though).

Speaking of Zhongli, I forgot that they were adding in his buffs and kept being confused about why I was dropping steles while trying to use my shield and why my damage was so much higher. The "having the shield decreases enemy element/physical resistance" thing is really huge.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Ytlaya posted:

There aren't any sword users that scale off of HP yet, right? The new sword seems kind of weird. I'm sure it's still good just by virtue of being a 5* with crit rate substat, but there don't seem to be any characters that are specifically tailored for it (a spear version of that sword would be nuts for Zhongli though).

Bennett and Xingqiu's heals both scale off max hp

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Also, Dainsleif stuff:

Knowing that Venti and probably Zhongli were Paimon-esque fairies/essentially elemental hypostasis that are really evolved originally that took a human form, could he be one too? Dude is really riffing on the whole "I've done this before." thing, is basically implied to be in charge of Khaen'riah, a time displaced place...And has the exact same weird starry cloak style that Paimon sometimes rarely has. Paimon has a lot of implications with the time archon, which was probably involved with Khaen'riah at some point.

Getting real Otto Apocalypse vibes from him nonetheless.

Edit: Okay, took a closer look at them and they both literally have the same ornamentation. The symbol on his shirt is a more detailed version of Paimon's hair ornament. Both of which are very similar to the primogem symbol. Which is linked to the moon (Which in the other impact games is heavily linked to Honkai, and Dainsleif has a raging Honkai infection on one arm.), destiny, and something about dead universes.

Guessing that if we ever get a chrono/destiny/quantum/whatever it is element that will be the symbol it has.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 3, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

Knowing that Venti and probably Zhongli were Paimon-esque fairies/essentially elemental hypostasis that are really evolved originally that took a human form, could he be one too? Dude is really riffing on the whole "I've done this before." thing, is basically implied to be in charge of Khaen'riah, a time displaced place...And has the exact same weird starry cloak style that Paimon sometimes rarely has. Paimon has a lot of implications with the time archon, which was probably involved with Khaen'riah at some point.

He also mentions that he learned about Andrius and the Wolvendom because his traveling partner was curious about it. Perhaps he was the other twin's "guide," like Paimon is for us? (People have reported that the pronouns Dainslief uses for his traveling partner swap depending on which twin you're playing as.) If so—flipping that connection around—maybe Paimon is a Bough Keeper candidate and the whole guide thing is some precursor to...whatever it is that Dainslief does?

Honestly, the real reason for this theory is the idea that Dainslief may have once been a small, floating baby like Paimon. What a funny mental image.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Hot drat my Xiao is at level 60 and he's still dealing 11k damage during ult against the Geovishap Boss. Granted deathmatch was at level 90 but still he owns.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

xiao obliterates mage shields lol.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

He also mentions that he learned about Andrius and the Wolvendom because his traveling partner was curious about it. Perhaps he was the other twin's "guide," like Paimon is for us? (People have reported that the pronouns Dainslief uses for his traveling partner swap depending on which twin you're playing as.) If so—flipping that connection around—maybe Paimon is a Bough Keeper candidate and the whole guide thing is some precursor to...whatever it is that Dainslief does?

Honestly, the real reason for this theory is the idea that Dainslief may have once been a small, floating baby like Paimon. What a funny mental image.

You want funny, imagine Zhongli as one. :v:

Can confirm that the pronouns change. Also, a bough keeper is related to possibly two different things.

1. A bough is a branch of a tree. Which would fit with him keeping the leylines.

2. There is a really big connection to Honkai however. And that's the Imaginary Tree. Which has a lot of hints directed at it possibly being related. To get into that:

So the imaginary tree is as I mentioned in earlier posts basically just a way of conceptualizing the concept of a multiverse. Basically, think the many worlds theory and you have all you really need to know about the general gist of it to get this.

Honkai has been confirmed to be on a nearby branch (Or possibly the same branch, and they're just metaphorical "leaves".) and is close enough in history/whatever that Otto could peep on Genshin at the start of Genshin's story.

Now, there's another concept. Worlds that are not really on the tree, have somehow gotten severely damaged in the past, or are "simulations" (basically a bubble universe) tend to have a lynchpin that if corrupted by the Honkai (And by corrupt I mean it typically just translates to it destroying it. Or the lynchpin going full Unknown Goddess from Genshin's intro and doing just that instead.) will straight up delete that alternate reality. Bianca's cinematic story in Honkai goes into this.

There is a way to stop this if the Honkai infection gets that lynchpin, however! One can, with the right equipment, learning, and know-how essentially preserve a world by replacing oneself as that lynchpin. This gives the person...Honestly, kinda loving broken powers. To give an idea of it, the one character that pulls this off in Honkai basically is considered to be the full on best soldier mankind has, and is a literal one woman army. This is on top of her literally channeling the equivalent of an alternate universe in combat. Basically, if she was in Genshin she'd have infinite primogems to screw around with. :v:

Coindentally, some of Dainsleif's out of game text has this to say about the Keeper of the Bough:

"The Keeper is fading, and the Creator has yet to come."

Which implies that something is wrong with the Keeper of the Bough. And the creator (Who is either an unknown force or if the whole Celestial Emperor thing in that one book series is relevant then probably the demiurge-like Honkai entity itself.) isn't around to fix the issue and/or kick the poo poo out of it so it can't gently caress with that reality anymore.

TL;DR: The implication of that theory is that for some reason if the Keeper goes, the reality he's watching over (Genshin Impact's) goes with him. And Dainsleif is the Keeper.

Coincidentally, take a close look at Dainsleif's arm. The dude is rocking an insane Honkai infection. Like, he's at straight up Kiana/Herrsher of Void levels of infection. In fact, the design of the Honkified arm is literally the same as the Herrsher of Void's Honkai infected arms in HI3. Either he's gone all Kiana-esque and conquered it to wage a one man war on the heavens or he's on the verge of going nuts, transforming into a horrible monster, or whatever Honkai does in this particular timeline (It varies by alternate reality.) to gently caress people up.

Of course they've got an out to make all of this a red herring. If the person he traveled with is actually the intended Keeper and not him then all of this gets a heck of a lot more murky, if entirely irrelevant.

kater posted:

xiao obliterates mage shields lol.

I haven't checked to see if he's the same with Fatui shields, but loving lol if so. Dude just goomba stomps on everything.

Edit: Also, i'm suspecting we're going to get into some alternate universe/alternate timeline/time traveling shenanigans later on in the plot. With Dainsleif's appearance and him saying the stuff he said they're just hammering on something going on. Especially given that there's books in Genshin that detail a bunch of other alternate universes that seem like they probably don't exist at first. And then the writer of the book just casually drops the fact that the writer is aware of Honkai Impact's universe in the middle of the text. Meaning that the events in those books are in fact detailing the events of other worlds that are taking place alongside Genshin's reality.

Some really funky stuff going on there, to be sure.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 3, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so the dainsleaf quest is the solution to nobody filling out the mailer surveys huh.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

kater posted:

so the dainsleaf quest is the solution to nobody filling out the mailer surveys huh.

What about the surveys?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Danann posted:

Hot drat my Xiao is at level 60 and he's still dealing 11k damage during ult against the Geovishap Boss. Granted deathmatch was at level 90 but still he owns.

I take it I should pick up a deathmatch if my only other spears are a crescent pike and a fav lance?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Also, I just realized that old leaked alpha map is almost right on the money in showing the direction where the Twin went off too. In the old map there was a place to the north of Monstadt that was something like "Dark Princess's/Evil Twin's Castle" or something like that. Literally all the main character has to do is head north and they'd find them! :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 3, 2021

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

padijun posted:

I take it I should pick up a deathmatch if my only other spears are a crescent pike and a fav lance?

I prefer the deathmatch because it lets me build up my crit stats and it boosts ultimate damage which is infused with anemo.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The new Barbara voice lines are abysmal. Sound quality and voice direction just don't fit the character. I just heard "Let the show begin" and thought she is going to cut herself. They could have reduced the volume of the lines by 20% and maybe tweak the frequency a bit to make her less obnoxious, but this change is awful.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have no idea how to fight this drat Primo Geovishap. Trying to get in to grab a shield is impossible since they crystalize under its chest and I can't get it.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCmvCpYL34U

Huh he apparently does not take damage while plunging at all.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea how to fight this drat Primo Geovishap. Trying to get in to grab a shield is impossible since they crystalize under its chest and I can't get it.

Could always bring Noelle, Xinyan or Zhongli for a shield on demand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

Literally any shield counters the attack. Noelle unleveled just to pop her shield ability will do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
This camera event is the worst event ever. It is almost impossible to predict what color it will decide your photo is.

Edit: Or maybe it's actually just random? Either way it is awful.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 3, 2021