Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

These angry fans in my mentions are unreasonably hostile, unlike me, the youtube creator with a stretch goal on patreon to make a video about how stupid and wrong they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

No ones forcing you to watch the movie man's youtube videos dude. The big bad movie critic can't hurt you. I promise

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I won't, I just think there's a basic hypocrisy in lamenting how hostile a group of people you're being paid to antagonise are - stretch goal videos on Snyder's movies aren't being driven by people excited to hear more even-handed takes!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

No one forced you to peg your lifes meaning on a mediocre director

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Attacked again, just for having an opinion.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

"I have been silenced"

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Making a video critical of someone's films is not harassing or aggressive behavior, they're mega budgeted Hollywood films and people are allowed to criticise them.

Tweeting abuse at someone in a mob is harassing and aggressive behaviour.

If Patrick was personally tweeting at Zack Snyder saying he sucks, that would be equal, but he's not. If Patrick sent Zack his video that would also be uncalled for, but he's not engaging Snyder directly so acting like these are the same is dumb.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 3, 2021

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

josh04 posted:

These angry fans in my mentions are unreasonably hostile, unlike me, the youtube creator with a stretch goal on patreon to make a video about how stupid and wrong they are.

yeah I agree :)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

StealthArcher posted:

"I have been silenced"

You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

More new cut films please.
Except Apocalypse Now. Please stop releasing new cuts of Apocalypse Now

Karloff posted:

Making a video critical of someone's films is not harassing or aggressive behavior, they're mega budgeted Hollywood films and people are allowed to criticise them.

Tweeting abuse at someone in a mob is harassing and aggressive behaviour.

If Patrick was personally tweeting at Zack Snyder saying he sucks, that would be equal, but he's not. If Patrick sent Zack his video that would also be uncalled for, but he's not engaging Snyder directly so acting like these are the same is dumb.
Or if he did what moviebob did and essentially make a Mauler video for Batman v Superman.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

josh04 posted:

There's probably a difference between making a video criticizing a movie someone might like and directly messaging and replying to someone and telling them to kill themselves for saying anything negative about the film. It's also probably incredibly gross to even insinuate that the person actually deserves it all for being mean to a movie you like.

If you can't figure that out you've got some deeper issues to work through.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 3, 2021

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

what if batman said gently caress. thatd be crazy man

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

what if batman said gently caress. thatd be crazy man

The coward snyder won't show us Supermans erect dick after he revives.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Superheroes? Pah that's kid stuff, call me when Batman deals with his problems with gross amounts of violence while he swears really loud. That's what makes it adult for me an adult.

(Nearly every R rated superhero movie is intended for teenagers who think they're adult and edgy)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

4 hours of The Flash saying the f slur. 20/10 Oscar worthy.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

If there isn't a 20 minute scene where the Justice League creates a new math formula to determine how long it takes The Flash to masturbate then it isn't adult enough for me.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

in the silver age comics its established that he blasts almost instantly but it replenishes just as quickly so he can keep cumming indefinitely as long as hes got enough food

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's probably a difference between making a video criticizing a movie someone might like and directly messaging and replying to someone and telling them to kill themselves for saying anything negative about the film. It's also probably incredibly gross to even insinuate that the person actually deserves it all for being mean to a movie you like.

If you can't figure that out you've got some deeper issues to work through.

No-one was talking about death threats, thanks for implying that I'm a sociopath though!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The coward snyder won't show us Supermans erect dick after he revives.

There was a comic where you could see Batman's dong (it was part of DC's mature label) but it became such an issue that the cowards backtracked instantly, recalled the issue and edited it out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

josh04 posted:

No-one was talking about death threats, thanks for implying that I'm a sociopath though!

We were talking about the Twitter posts yeah! Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat.

muscles like this! posted:

There was a comic where you could see Batman's dong (it was part of DC's mature label) but it became such an issue that the cowards backtracked instantly, recalled the issue and edited it out.

Was it because it was too small?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muscles like this! posted:

I can't help but think there's presumably a collector's market hunting for the opportunity to see Batman unmasked.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

He's a bat, it made sense proportionally.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Release the uncut cut, cowards.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Vagabundo posted:

God, I can't wait for the movie to inevitably suck a gently caress because you can only polish a turd so much.

Nobody who's genuinely excited about the release will think it sucks, and nobody who is already prepped to dislike it will enjoy it.

CelticPredator posted:

I think superhero films should be rated r some times.

Nobody said they should never be R-rated. This thread had this exact same discussion last time. Did you huff some helium and black out partway through the conversation then?

josh04 posted:

I won't, I just think there's a basic hypocrisy in lamenting how hostile a group of people you're being paid to antagonise are - stretch goal videos on Snyder's movies aren't being driven by people excited to hear more even-handed takes!

I went and looked at his patreon stretch goal and all it says is "I will make a video about the entire filmography of Zack Snyder", not that he will gleefully rip them apart. He's done videos on the filmographies of other divisive directors before, like Robert Zemeckis and Kevin Smith and had plenty of good/bad things to say and analyze about those movie. I don't see a reason to think he'd be any more antagonistic here aside from him implying he's not a fan of Snyder's superhero movies. Maybe he'll have some nice things to say about Owl Movie?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Listen, I just want a Kingdom Come movie complete with Shazam's huge dick looming over Superman looking square on in distress right in the center of the shot multiple times, if the movie has to be rated R then god wills it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The emotional crisis many comic nerd fanboys had to Alex Ross using real human models for his painted art style and the resulting realistic uh... anatomy was pretty funny and I agree it would be amazing to see recreated with the masses.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Legal Eagle gives us his breakdown of the Gamestock fiasco.

When I heard about what was going on, my first thought was that this had to count as some kind of illegal market-manipulation on the part of the redditors, so I was very interested in hearing a legal expert’s take on the matter. Apparently it could be interpreted that way, but it’s not a clear-cut situation.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I distinctly remember at least one person online complaining that it was too small. I believe it was a Comicsgate-adjacent person as well.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bakeneko posted:

Legal Eagle gives us his breakdown of the Gamestock fiasco.

When I heard about what was going on, my first thought was that this had to count as some kind of illegal market-manipulation on the part of the redditors, so I was very interested in hearing a legal expert’s take on the matter. Apparently it could be interpreted that way, but it’s not a clear-cut situation.

It's good, "illegal" or not, rich shitheels crying that they've been played in a reverse of how they've swindled others forever.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If it's illegal, then every hedge fund manager needs to be in jail.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Listen, I just want a Kingdom Come movie complete with Shazam's huge dick looming over Superman looking square on in distress right in the center of the shot multiple times, if the movie has to be rated R then god wills it.

I like the implication that Superman thinks of Marvel's package as "Armageddon".

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The whole gamespot thing has been all kinds of funny. When the hedge fund managers started bitching, when some of apps started loving up by blocking people buying the stock, and now its gonna be the people who either don't know what they're doing or are trying to "stick it to the man" by holding onto the gamespot stocks as their value plummets and they lose a ton of money.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Archer666 posted:

when some of apps started loving up by blocking people buying the stock

At least one is getting like some big rear end suit brought up against them for so blatantly trying to play ball for the hedgies too.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

At least one is getting like some big rear end suit brought up against them for so blatantly trying to play ball for the hedgies too.

Yeah I think it was the Robinhood app, who hosed up so badly that it brought AOC, Ted Cruz and Don Jr. in agreement about how much they hosed up. Just a stunning display of idiocy.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

StealthArcher posted:

No one forced you to peg your lifes meaning on a mediocre director

It does seem like a lot of youtube critics hang their income on producing hot takes on the guy and his works. For such a mediocre director people sure talk about him more than any other director, past and present.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Nobody who's genuinely excited about the release will think it sucks, and nobody who is already prepped to dislike it will enjoy it.

That's pretty much how it is.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Archer666 posted:

Yeah I think it was the Robinhood app, who hosed up so badly that it brought AOC, Ted Cruz and Don Jr. in agreement about how much they hosed up. Just a stunning display of idiocy.

That's one of the points Legal Eagle brought up. He doubts the lawsuit is going to go very far because, regardless of how sketchy it was, everything they did was covered by their TOS.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I distinctly remember at least one person online complaining that it was too small. I believe it was a Comicsgate-adjacent person as well.

Of course my joke was real

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jimbot posted:

It does seem like a lot of youtube critics hang their income on producing hot takes on the guy and his works. For such a mediocre director people sure talk about him more than any other director, past and present.

That's pretty much how it is.

I’m assuming your implying that because people talk about him that must mean he’s good but that’s not how it works. Failing upward is a thing just look at Elon Musk and Tesla. A car company that doesn’t produce cars but is wildly successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Jimbot posted:

For such a mediocre director people sure talk about him more than any other director, past and present.
It's because critics like to talk about directors with distinct direction style, and they also like talking about things that are culturally current. Due to the Snydercut stuff, he is both. Regardless of quality of his direction you can tell Snyder made something when watching it. Same way people like to talk about Rob Zombie in horror circles a lot even though there are very few people who consider him a great. He has a unique style and he always has a new movie.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m assuming your implying that because people talk about him that must mean he’s good but that’s not how it works. Failing upward is a thing just look at Elon Musk and Tesla. A car company that doesn’t produce cars but is wildly successful.
I doubt Synder directly profited from his father owning slaves the way Musk did.