Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

wuggles posted:

Good luck Cardiovorax!

discuss. I think I am D2f

I think you're B2h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1142710/Total_War

loving YES :eyepop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Last lap of GBA Bowser's Castle 3, everything's going great, I'm cruising in first place, blue shell hits just as I'm jumping over lava, I finish in 11th :negative:

Also for all the talk of items giving balance it's way harder to get in front than stay in front cause when you're at the back sure you can get bullshit items but SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE :argh:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

Last lap of GBA Bowser's Castle 3, everything's going great, I'm cruising in first place, blue shell hits just as I'm jumping over lava, I finish in 11th :negative:

Also for all the talk of items giving balance it's way harder to get in front than stay in front cause when you're at the back sure you can get bullshit items but SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE :argh:

You should cross the line faster

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Vagrant Story I know all take place in the same world.

Both FF Tactics and Vagrant Story are third hand accounts by AJ Durai so for all you know the guy may have just been writing historical fanfics and/or may be a conspiracy theorist, given his apparent prediction for digging up "Actually some secret hero attacked and dethroned God" stories for both a war of succession and an earthquake.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if we'll get a Mario Kart 9 on Switch since 8 was technically a Wii U game + the Switch port sold like 30 million

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Staying in first place is a bad move.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

if there's one thing i learned from MK64 it's that you always want a patsy in first place

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if we'll get a Mario Kart 9 on Switch since 8 was technically a Wii U game + the Switch port sold like 30 million

I don't think. MK8D is still putting up bonkers numbers so might as well hold MK9 for the next console.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i only ever played infiltrator/sniper in mass effect

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I only played as a soldier. Guns go pew-pew.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The more I hear "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen the more it sounds like it was originally written for Michael Jackson and now I'm imagining it as the B side to "Beat It".

I think the lack of sleep has finally gotten to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Mario Kart 9 if Switch Pro happens would be awesome, but we will probably not get a new one until the next true successor console. Switch would be the first console though to not get an entirely new Mario Kart game I think?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Mario kart blue shells reveal the gamers who don't understand how to play the meta

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Kerrzhe posted:

Same. Hitting those headshots were incredibly satisfying.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Every time they announce a new Total War and it's not Napoleonic, I smh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

You should cross the line faster

This is just telling me to git gud :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every time they announce a new Total War and it's not Napoleonic, I smh

https://store.steampowered.com/app/34030/Total_War_NAPOLEON__Definitive_Edition/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

That's Mario Kart

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I want a new one of those! They've done 3 warhammers since then

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I want a Mario kart game with a ridiculous Need For Speed parody story mode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
To defeat the speeddemon, drive past it until it gets second place

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they should do a 40k one

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

My favorite is and always will be Vanguard. All you get is "suicidal charge at enemy" and "shotgun" and that's all you need, dammit

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Mario is the generic protag
Luigi is the wacky one
Toad is the mechanic
Daisy is the speed ace
Donkey Kong is just vin diesel

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

Mario is the generic protag
Luigi is the wacky one
Toad is the mechanic
Daisy is the speed ace
Donkey Kong is just vin diesel

Donkey Kong understands family

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

a funky kong/dominic toretto cosplay would be easier to craft than you might think

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Harrow posted:

The Ivalice timeline is a fun one, it goes:

FF12 -> most of FFTA2 -> FFT -> Vagrant Story (depending on Matsuno's current mood, sometimes he says it's in Ivalice and sometimes he says it isn't) -> FFTA (modern town gets taken over by storybook version of old Ivalice) -> beginning and end of FFTA2 (kid from modern town time travels back to FF12-era Ivalice)

Alternatively, the modern-day parts of FFTA and FFTA2 do not take place in a modern Ivalice world, in which case FFTA2 isn't time travel and is instead traveling to an alternate dimension. (FFTA is still "storybook world takes over real town" though.)

Don't forget the FF14 Ivalice which reverses the timeline so Tactics occurred in the distant past and 12 sort of happens during the events of 14.

Fran helps you fight the ghost of Mustadio who has become an angel made of guns.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 3, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Don't forget the FF14 Ivalice which reverses the timeline so Tactics occurred in the distant past and 12 sort of happens during the events of 14.

FF14 Ivalice is like how America and Europe both have "Georgias" that are unrelated

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I want a new one of those! They've done 3 warhammers since then

2 and this will be the 3rd.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

He's bigger, stronger, and faster too
He's the first member of Toretto's Crew

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

It sounds like you're already gud. I want you to be grate

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Fran helps you fight the ghost of Mustadio who has become an angel made of guns.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FF14 Ivalice is like how America and Europe both have "Georgias" that are unrelated

Yeah, FFXIV Ivalice is a totally separate thing that just happens to look a whole lot like the Ivalice of FFXII/FFT and shares a whole lot of names but it's a separate universe and so the actual details are different. Sort of a common thing with FFXIV, like how FFXIV also has a Doma but it's unrelated to the FFVI one.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm playing Control since it's free on PS+ and I'm trying to figure out why people liked this so much

they ripped off the concept of SCP and I'm going to confidently assume no one involved with making that into a thing worth cribbing were hired or paid by the Quantum Break people, to make a third person shooter with some physics gameplay in it? with crafting? meanwhile it has the same method of presenting exposition as the Prototype games, which took themselves much less seriously

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you think Control takes itself very seriously then there might be a tone disconnect here.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

If you think Control takes itself very seriously then there might be a tone disconnect here.

this doesn't seem like a goofy goober game thus far. it wants to be spooky

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wasn't even going to try it but that's because I've disliked the rest of the dev's stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

These "Old Gods of Asgard" sound pretty serious tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mario kart is bad. It sucks and I'm ashamed at the people wanting one after CTR and Sonic blew it away