Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

christ

It will never not amaze me that some birds are implausibly smart, while other birds are implausibly dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

fizzymercy posted:

Termites are delectable. Like way better than ants or crickets. Those chimps know what's up.

I've never had termites but some ants are REALLY good.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Desert Bus posted:

I love that moles can post on the internet when 30 years ago people couldn't even do it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Data Graham posted:

christ

It will never not amaze me that some birds are implausibly smart, while other birds are implausibly dumb

Wait till you meet people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Animals don't use utensils :colbert:

I believe some apes eat ants with a stick.

E: gently caress I thought I was very clever pointing that out.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Otters don't use utensils, but they use plates.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

Otters don't use utensils, but they use plates.

I eat off of my belly too, but I don't consider it a plate

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Desert Bus posted:

Deep fried ants would be way more popular than popcorn if they didn't look like a horror movie prop.

The termites I had tasted like weirdly fruity ants. Raw they're kinda like some vague tropical fruit. When they were roasted with salt they just tasted like roast nuts. Brazil nuts but with a cashew texture. They're amazing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The plate is the rock they break open clams with.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Fun fact: because otters use tools to break open their food, and because they dispose of their clam shells and broken rocks in designated middens, they exist in the archeological record.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I eat off of my belly too, but I don't consider it a plate
Is this like when you're rich and eat sushi off a lady

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is this like when you're rich and eat sushi off a lady

If I could afford to eat hot pockets off of a lady, yes

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Iron Crowned posted:

I do have to wonder if there are artisanal deconstructed chili dogs in existence, because those would probably be suitable for eating with a fork (although you'd probably eat them with a straw or something else pretentious)

A quick google gives me deconstructed hot dogs...

...and chili dog casserole...

...but no deconstructed chili dogs. :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

KataraniSword posted:

A quick google gives me deconstructed hot dogs...

That's clearly a disassembled hot dog

KataraniSword posted:

...and chili dog casserole...

And I definitely would on this one.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

usually I would make fun of serving it in a coffee cup, but I think they know their audience on that one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

usually I would make fun of serving it in a coffee cup, but I think they know their audience on that one

mug of bacon grease dot png

have a sip slurp slice coronary

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I am going to make myself some chili dog casserole once I am back on solid food.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Do a chili cheese corndog casserole.

In a greased 9/13 casserole: Homemade chilli (leftovers are great for this, make sure it's warmed through though) on the bottom, then a layer of good cheddar cheese, top with cornbread mix made to package directions and mix in chopped raw jalapenos and onion, top that with chopped hot dogs, top with more cheddar cheese.
so:
cheddar cheese+hot dogs
prepped raw cornbread mix with jalapenos+onion
cheese
warmed chilli

Bake at 375f until it's bubbly and browned. Usually 40ish minutes? Serve with pickled jalapenos and sour cream and chopped onions.

It's too good. You'll die of happiness.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Feb 4, 2021

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

fizzymercy posted:

In a greased 9/13 casserole: Homemade chilli (leftovers are great for this, make sure it's warmed through though) on the bottom, then a layer of good cheddar cheese, top with cornbread mix made to package directions and mix in chopped raw jalapenos and onion, top that with chopped hot dogs, top with more cheddar cheese.
so:
cheddar cheese+hot dogs
cheese
warmed chilli

Bake at 375f until it's bubbly and browned. Usually 40ish minutes? Serve with pickled jalapenos and sour cream and chopped onions.

Quoting this so I can find it at a later date.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

fizzymercy posted:

so:
cheddar cheese+hot dogs
cheese
warmed chilli

RoboRodent posted:

Quoting this so I can find it at a later date.

Same

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:yossame:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

:same:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/8uJuMLT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/icCfqVR.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3IzI6rK.mp4

Full gallery.
https://imgur.com/gallery/vTyh9Z8

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I like when you can tell how old a restaurant's fryer grease is

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

She has such a nice kitchen too :(.

Goddamn mashed potatoes take like 15 mins to make if you chunk 'em up small, like maybe 5 if you get instant?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Also potatoes are, by weight, the least expensive good at the supermarket while bags of chips are up there with saffron

Two pounds of potatoes costs like a dollar fifty and if you take home any less than that the store doesn't even charge you, they're just glad to have the space back

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DoombatINC posted:

Also potatoes are, by weight, the least expensive good at the supermarket while bags of chips are up there with saffron

Two pounds of potatoes costs like a dollar fifty and if you take home any less than that the store doesn't even charge you, they're just glad to have the space back

Sure but you have to cook potatoes for literal minutes!!!!!!!!!111

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

That has to be so oily and gross. How can you not just... boil potatoes and mash them? It's one of the easiest potato preparations. poo poo, buy a box of instant if you have to.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if joel robuchon can use instant to sell pommes puree for an eyepopping price, you can use instant to make ordinary potatoes

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I tried to find that "after the events of 9/11 *blah blah* take a potato, not a raw, smash" recipe meme, bit google is stalwartly ignoring the first part of my search query.

Peep that cookie recipe tho.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Elviscat posted:

I tried to find that "after the events of 9/11 *blah blah* take a potato, not a raw, smash" recipe meme, bit google is stalwartly ignoring the first part of my search query.

Peep that cookie recipe tho.

This one?

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017089-maple-shortbread-bars

quote:

Shortly after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Regina Schrambling wrote of the healing power of cooking. “The food is not really the thing,” she said. “It's the making of it that gets you through a bad time.” This recipe, adapted from "The New Carryout Cuisine" by Phyllis Méras with Linda Glick Conway, was one she turned to in the trying days that followed. A mere two steps, and ready in less than an hour, it’s comfort in a pan, just as good for when the darkness creeps up as it is for those days when you just need a bit more. And to those who might scoff at the two sticks of butter? Consider taking Schrambling’s words to heart: “Abstemiousness,” she wrote, “is not an option when you're feeling low.” —Regina Schrambling

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

A parody of that one was what I was thinking about.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Elviscat posted:

A parody of that one was what I was thinking about.

https://galpalactic.tumblr.com/post/134577149346/me-googles-how-to-mash-potatoes-some-food

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

The pepepr kills me every time.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That's the stuff! I guess I misremembered the horrible NYTs 9/11 stuff as being related.

E:

quote:

Boil an potato and smush it up with fork and botter. NOT A RAW,

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Clone Farmer posted:

The pepepr kills me every time.
For me it's that it's "slightly modified".

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm starting to develop a prejudice that if I see a very young white woman in a nice kitchen something sinister is about to happen with food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

same but mine sure as hell doesn't stem from Tiktok or Twitter