Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
How much damage does the ring of fire actually do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

ZeusCannon posted:

Just every so often have one of the legends when they ping be like... I think this is an r99? Where the hell is the gun nut when you need her.

I know they wouldn't do it because it'd ruin ping clarity, but I'd love a legend who explicitly does not know guns and just goes "uh...this is some kind of shotgun pistol?"

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Michael Cera as Mirage

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

salvo is a dumb name for a planet. there, i said it.

Awright mate, don't get yer budgies in a wicket

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Skyarb posted:

Eyeballing it in firing range looks like about 35 initial damage from crossing the fire then another 40 from being on fire for a total of 75 damage.

The per-tick damage for standing in the fire escalates like Caustic's gas.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Skyarb posted:

50 and a 25 DoT

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Arzaac posted:

I know they wouldn't do it because it'd ruin ping clarity, but I'd love a legend who explicitly does not know guns and just goes "uh...this is some kind of shotgun pistol?"

Same.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Arzaac posted:

i read this very clearly in mirages voice

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally lobbed Fuse's firebomb circle and wiped out my own squad.

Cheers mate!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Cowslips Warren posted:

I accidentally lobbed Fuse's firebomb circle and wiped out my own squad.

Cheers mate!

Same. Was in an enclosed space, like to think I gave them a show at least eh?

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
It damages teammates?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

TrixR4kids posted:

It damages teammates?

They get a grace period to get out of the way

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

is that the only way to friendly fire in the game?

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

tote up a bags posted:

They get a grace period to get out of the way

Gotcha, interesting.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

man in the eyeball hat posted:

is that the only way to friendly fire in the game?

Pretty sure it is, which is surprising. Maybe it would be overpowered to lock down an area and then have your team run through it though. That would seem to point to a balance issue with the ability to begin with.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

you can punch friendlies off the edge of a map with enough patience

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Chard posted:

you can punch friendlies off the edge of a map with enough patience

if i drop somewhere and a teammate disconnects/their game crashes i do this. easier to carry their banner around than leave them alone and have to wait for them to catch up to the squad. more importantly though it's funny (especially if the other teammate helps or they reconnect right as they fall), and sometimes you can do it to farm for the BP

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I launched an idle Octane off the map earlier, feels good lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also, while I don't think Fuse is better than Horizon, he's definitely at a fun power level

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Here's a few clips from after the patch. Tldr: 3030 is good, fuse is good, kings canyon owns, game is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpspoaTFwE

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Been maining revenant and I think he's in a nice spot, though I wouldn't mind a 3rd spirit nade. It's nice to shut down squads before they can unload on you.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Spirit nade needs a larger radius or his ult needs to charge faster and then he would be in a really good spot balance wise.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Here's a few clips from after the patch. Tldr: 3030 is good, fuse is good, kings canyon owns, game is fun

same

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

So now that you're a fuse main does hotdad6969 refer to Fuse or Wally?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1357358607193550850

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Haha Fuse's accent is not exaggerated at all. He literally sounds like he presents on triple j.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjIMSRMtVfw

Article: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-8-anniversary-collection-event

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lol another version of Cat Wraith

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Fuse's ult charges so fast I'm positive that will be nerfed eventually

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Haha Fuse's accent is not exaggerated at all. He literally sounds like he presents on triple j.

I was wondering about this. Horizon's accent is flawless, although, some of her vocabulary is a bit forced. To me, Fuse sounded like he may have been voiced by someone who doesn't have that accent normally, but I can't tell for sure. Does it sound correct?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Fuses voice actor is a legit Australian, he streams Apex so you can hear his natural accent here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoVRGCI9coI

Horizons VA is native Scottish too

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What does 102,816 mean?

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Gunder posted:

I was wondering about this. Horizon's accent is flawless, although, some of her vocabulary is a bit forced. To me, Fuse sounded like he may have been voiced by someone who doesn't have that accent normally, but I can't tell for sure. Does it sound correct?

The only line he said that felt weird was "cheers very much" which I personally have never heard but my mate reckons he hears all the time at work. The actual accent is basically perfect in my eyes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

What does 102,816 mean?

Titanfall2's release date

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

Ashtarath posted:

The only line he said that felt weird was "cheers very much" which I personally have never heard but my mate reckons he hears all the time at work. The actual accent is basically perfect in my eyes.
I mentioned her accent last thread too, as a Scot almost all of her lines are spot on. Except "backpack" and "sentinel"
And yes, we say cheers very much or ta very much all the time

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Give me space redneck representation :banjo:

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Quite frankly the only miss step in his character writing is the fact there is no "See you next Tuesday!" kill quip

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I hope we get an Irish legend soon, I don't feel very seen :(

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Simone Magus posted:

I hope we get an Irish legend soon, I don't feel very seen :(

I have some concept art of that here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Still want a game to add a Brit that is just an English bloke named Gaz that got picked up at the pub or something. Tired of every brit in games being either cockney or london.