Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Out there suggestion but how about David Haller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Geo Fixer posted:

Out there suggestion but how about David Haller

This would be the most unexpected and awesome thing they could do.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They should do that but unfortunately no one watched Legion, the better show about a hugely powerful, but unstable mutant creating a fake reality for themselves

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My money's on Vision asking who can they get to babysit the kids tonight, then Deadpool crawls out of the TV like Sadako, Wanda and Vision look incredibly confused and we cut to a commercial.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It should be F. Murray Abraham as himself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Heh, from way back on the press trail of Age of Ultron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFbcuZZGdgA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'll note that Olsen didn't say "there will be a cameo on par with the Mandalorian", the interviewer was like "Oh are there any surprises in store, like with Luke" and she was like "oh, yeah." So I'd moderate my expectations and not expect Iron Man and Steve Rogers to drop in.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zoux posted:

I'll note that Olsen didn't say "there will be a cameo on par with the Mandalorian", the interviewer was like "Oh are there any surprises in store, like with Luke" and she was like "oh, yeah." So I'd moderate my expectations and not expect Iron Man and Steve Rogers to drop in.
It’s probably the Quicksilver thing then

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Funko Pops have leaked of child Billy and Tommy wearing some intriguing Halloween costumes

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

zoux posted:

I just read an (admittedly clickbait-y) article suggesting it's Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster, someone who knows a thing or two about Quantum universes? Idk, Hadn't seen him suggested before

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I just read an (admittedly clickbait-y) article suggesting it's Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster, someone who knows a thing or two about Quantum universes? Idk, Hadn't seen him suggested before

Honestly would be nice if they did something with that character other than “black guy who died and made the white boys sad”. The movies have been good at avoiding that one so far.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Would love for the series to get fully West Coast Avengers up in this bitch by featuring Wonder Man. Throw in Tigra too.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I still want Nextwave, which is possible if you squint. You've already got Monica Rambeau. Vision (especially gum-chewing Vision) could work as Machine Man. If U.S. Agent gets some level of redeemed from the Falcon/Winter Soldier, he'd be a good "The Captain." And maybe they could give Darcy super-powers to fill out the Boom-Boom role. '

And then Jimmy Woo is somehow Dirk Anger.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SWORD should reveal they have a knockoff Vision called Aaron Stack.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

If we’re getting Nextwave I’d just want the Captain to be the Captain. No explanation, just some dumbass with super powers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait, was there an explanation for the Captain? Of course when I read it I didn't know that half of the people were actually real Marvel characters. Elsa Bloodstone? Machine Man?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

zoux posted:

Wait, was there an explanation for the Captain? Of course when I read it I didn't know that half of the people were actually real Marvel characters. Elsa Bloodstone? Machine Man?

The Captain was an original character for that series who popped up once in Nova’s series. His entire origin was explained as a one page gag. Basically aliens thought he was cool once.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Elsa Bloodstone is one of those D-list characters that's kind of just popped up all over the place now. She was randomly in the last Jessica Jones comic series. There's a big mystery about low level super-ladies getting offed by a serial killer and all of a sudden, there's Elsa and Jessica fighting fish-men under the 59th St bridge

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
would pay real money for an elsa bloodstone series

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

would pay real money for an elsa bloodstone series

For real. She’s such a good fit for a weekly series I’d be shocked if Marvel Studios hasn’t at least discussed it.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The_Doctor posted:

SWORD should reveal they have a knockoff Vision called Aaron Stack.

Who has a giant drill-penis because "some Hollywood guy thought he needed that."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gaz-L posted:

Elsa Bloodstone is one of those D-list characters that's kind of just popped up all over the place now. She was randomly in the last Jessica Jones comic series. There's a big mystery about low level super-ladies getting offed by a serial killer and all of a sudden, there's Elsa and Jessica fighting fish-men under the 59th St bridge

Kelly Thompson really likes Elsa and uses her in her books every chance she gets.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Edmund Lava posted:

For real. She’s such a good fit for a weekly series I’d be shocked if Marvel Studios hasn’t at least discussed it.

They were developing it at one point even!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-cinematic-universe-tv-shows-elsa-bloodstone-abc/

But that was when all the Netflix shows got got and Marvel Studios took over eveything, so it may come around again!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Oh I know about them now, just not when I read Nextwave back before I was a "comics guy"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

I think people are more hyped because of Bettany's comment about an actor he's always wanted to work with showing up as a surprise that hasn't leaked. Her comment/the story on it came later so some people are probably combining the two stories/actor's comments for their speculation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I think people are more hyped because of Bettany's comment about an actor he's always wanted to work with showing up as a surprise that hasn't leaked. Her comment/the story on it came later so some people are probably combining the two stories/actor's comments for their speculation.

Oh no, the outlet specifically framed it as a "Luke Skywalker Tier surprise walk on" so people can be forgiven for being misled.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
In a surprise twist, it's actually Luke Skywalker

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
No more midi-chlorians!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

No more midi-chlorians!

Sorry, you're just gonna have to live with the backdoor pilot for guardians of the galaxy far far away

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Maybe we will get Coulson Lives Part 2 3:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1357392145032699907?s=19

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I stopped watching AoS around the time Patton Oswalt got a role in it and forgot what season is that. :v: Guess is time to get back in to the show (I'm mostly interested in seeing their take on Ghost Rider).

Edit: OH! Secret cameo in Wandavision is Nicolas Cage as older Johnny Blaze.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 5, 2021

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just binged all the Wandavision available. Liked it a lot more than I expected, given I had severe MCU burnout at the end of 2019. And now I’m a little sad that we only get nine episodes but at the same time I’ve got pretty high expectations for the remaining run.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I stopped watching AoS around the time Patton Oswalt got a role in it and forgot what season is that. :v: Guess is time to get back in to the show (I'm mostly interested in seeing their take on Ghost Rider).

Edit: OH! Secret cameo in Wandavision is Nicolas Cage as older Johnny Blaze.

Would have been end of season 1 when he first appears, but has roles in season 2, 3, 4 and 7.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Desperado Bones posted:

I stopped watching AoS around the time Patton Oswalt got a role in it and forgot what season is that. :v: Guess is time to get back in to the show.

It can be some legitimately fun and interesting TV. The later seasons get a little rocky mostly due to budgeting, but if you like Marvel stuff it’s a solid watch.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

swickles posted:

Would have been end of season 1 when he first appears, but has roles in season 2, 3, 4 and 7.

I'm guessing it was probably season 2. I recall they had to relocate to a bunker or something, and Patton Oswalt's character had a twin? clone? It's been a while.

PierreTheMime posted:

It can be some legitimately fun and interesting TV. The later seasons get a little rocky mostly due to budgeting, but if you like Marvel stuff it’s a solid watch.

Yeah, I don't recall being bored by it (I tend to lose focus on activities/shows/movies, hence there's tons of shows I drop of my watch list even if they are good). So, I'm gonna take it easy 'cuz that's a lot of seasons. At least we are still in the middle of a pandemic so I got plenty of time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm guessing it was probably season 2. I recall they had to relocate to a bunker or something, and Patton Oswalt's character had a twin? clone? It's been a while.

Yeah, I don't recall being bored by it (I tend to lose focus on activities/shows/movies, hence there's tons of shows I drop of my watch list even if they are good). So, I'm gonna take it easy 'cuz that's a lot of seasons. At least we are still in the middle of a pandemic so I got plenty of time.

Yes, he first show up in the last couple epsiodes of season 1. Then he plays the two other brothers throught season 2-4.

Edit: season 4 is the best by a long shot, although the 7th is really just fanservice in the best possible way. 2 is also really good.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Season 7 is “What If... Marvel made Legends of Tomorrow?”

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AoS is incredible pulp. Just so much fun, that show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One of the truly great character turnarounds, Sky loving sucked out of the gate. When she has that Tancheron-directed long take gun fight, I was like, I cannot believe how credibly they’ve made this character into a cool badass.

Ward too but that was on purpose. :ssh:

I feel like it's gonna suffer with time since the Inhumans stuff was kind of dumb and it's gonna get dropped like a hot rock now that Marvel has mutants again.

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Ward being poo poo in season one to cheering on the increasingly contrived ways Brett Dalton kept coming back to the show was one of my favorite AoS experiences.