Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did they ever make Nakamura use the mist? I'm having trouble thinking of another Japanese wrestler that rose to a certain level of popularity that they didn't force that on.

In the 80s they gave the mist to Killer Khan in his brief feud with Hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think it's offensive. Probably wrote by white people and given to her, but not racist. "Slightly less offensive" is an understatement, because the examples I posted were absolute caricatures of what Americans think other cultures are and like Sang's assessment of the gimmick is right, Sheamus and Balor both lean into their countries fables as part of their character too.

Are you Asian?

Because I am, and it's Orientalist bullshit that can get to gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's still 3:1, he's got you there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You see, you got one Asian but you take my three Asians and half Korean friend and you don’t even try to pin me in this argument. The numbers don’t lie and they spell non racist for you.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Racism knows it can’t beat me so it’s not even gonna try

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
In case anyone was wondering how Wrestlemania main eventer Edge did for NXT’s ratings:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1357434509805768704?s=21

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

In case anyone was wondering how Wrestlemania main eventer Edge did for NXT’s ratings:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1357434509805768704?s=21

On this day, he couldn't see clearly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1357437900292575237

Thread with WWE Financial details. Record profits, but profits half of projections so the stock went down in after hours trading. I'd guess it recovers a bit but it's very funny WWE lied to stockholders so much that their record profits aren't close to what their promises were so they lose confidence.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gavok posted:

On this day, he couldn't see clearly.

Edge drove the ratings so high they couldn't even be measured

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm sure these disclosures are the same every quarter, but they are still extremely funny to read

https://twitter.com/fujiiheya/status/1357446339903250432?s=20

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Raw Ratings

Raw ratings down 21% from last year

SD Ratings

Smackdown ratings down 15% from last year

WWE Network numbers

Network averaged 1.5M paid and up 6% from last year. But somehow managed to sell off the 1.1 US subscriber base for $1 Billion dollars to Peacock

$974.2 million in revenue for 2020 (up 1% from 2019) with running no live shows for 10 months
$208.6 million in profit for 2020 (up 79% from 2019) and they had to fire a bunch of people in a pandemic.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

abraham linksys posted:

i'm sure these disclosures are the same every quarter, but they are still extremely funny to read

https://twitter.com/fujiiheya/status/1357446339903250432?s=20

Hard to agree with the last point there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

unexpected death... Vince is gonna live forever!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Raw Ratings

Raw ratings down 21% from last year

That Raw graph is a classic use visuals to distract from the numbers as the first graph does show Raw going down but it's bigger than the cable graph so it must be doing better! (When in actuality Cable's decline is way less than Raw's)

Also Edge has completely tanked his WOR Hall chances and hopefully Orton has as well

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's pretty funny that definitely more people watched the 1992 Royal Rumble on YouTube in a week than watched the 2020 Rumble on the billion dollar Network

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Did they lift the ban on the wrestlers streaming? Adam Cole is streaming on Twitch presently

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Did they lift the ban on the wrestlers streaming? Adam Cole is streaming on Twitch presently

Cole is the only one. Presumably they don't care about NXT or he gave up some/all of his twitch revenue because he just likes streaming.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

still depressing and lovely how none of them fought back against the side hustle stuff. Especially sucked that AJ Styles probably could have helped and he just caved

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Xia Li’s spin kick finisher is loving great, her entire gimmick should start and end at “you will literally die if she hits you with that thing”

If only there were a main roster wrestler who's gimmick is also "you will literally die if you're hit with his spin kick" who could weigh in on that. Sadly, I think there might have been one at some point, but he disappeared, never to be seen again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

still depressing and lovely how none of them fought back against the side hustle stuff. Especially sucked that AJ Styles probably could have helped and he just caved

It was that drat Paul Heyman’s fault! Pretty indicative of the exact type of flat earth moron AJ is that McMahon was able to con him by giving him a Jewish person to blame the one time he actually got upset about WWE doing dumb poo poo. AJ’s head is filled entirely with bone all the way through, he’d never have been a help in that fight.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Xavier caved too don’t forget that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1357482338154864641?s=21

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Invalid Validation posted:

Xavier caved too don’t forget that.

That was how they knew they could break up the New Day.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
who was steve cutler

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shayna Baszler posted:

who was steve cutler

He was in the stable with the really racist guy and more or less disavowed him when that came to light.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The former Tyler Reks came out as trans

https://twitter.com/SportsRadioKJR/status/1357470821237809153

Another example of a wrestler becoming much happier after leaving WWE :)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A jobber so jobber-y that he doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

edit: referring to Cutler here

Seams fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 5, 2021

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Benne posted:

Hopefully she grew out of that anti-mask crap

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Was he in the forgotten sons? Not a joke question

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes. Maybe the Dubstep Cowboys can reunite and save Alexa from The Fiend storyline.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes. He was recently doing the Knights of the Lone Wolf (yes, seriously) thing with Corbin, I think.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

OctoberCountry posted:

If you have a free B/R Live account every episode of Dynamite gets uploaded there on a 30 day delay

Oh my god thank you so much for this! I’m watching the Jericho 30th Dynamite and I feel so much better. This is fun! Only thing that’s a little sad is seeing Brodie Lee being awesome.

Rarity posted:

Everything from the Mox/Eddie feud cause they were the promos of the year
All the Hangman/Dark Order stuff
PAC's return
Omega/Mox from Winter is Coming
Everything from the Brodie tribute show
Omega/Fenix from New Year's Smash

Perfect! Saved that list to notepad.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 5, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Oh my god thank you so much for this! I’m watching the Jericho 30th Dynamite and I feel so much better. This is fun! Only thing that’s a little sad is seeing Brody Lee being awesome.

It was a hell of a match to go out on.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1357461239375552515?s=20

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Senerio posted:

That was how they knew they could break up the New Day.

Just one of the sadder things (Like I can't say 'the saddest thing' because there are so many saddest things).
And it's like my first 'gods gently caress Woods for caving like the Spleunky guy' but then after a moment of reflection I'm 'it sucks but it's also wrong of me to judge him for not throwing everything he's built away in the name of raising our banner.'

Just...can somebody please stop this billionaire shithead before he decides to release a corporate mandate allowing him to hunt independent contractors for sport.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

Really? Wow, good for her! And she's got style too!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"Much like what happened to one of our competitors in this last year"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

as opposed to the current "non linear eyeballs" which often catch forbidden glances of the Elder Gods

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I don't find it all that surprising that Edge didn't draw any eyeballs to NXT, anybody with a brain would have had to know that he wasn't going to do anything but a glorified cameo. There was never going to be a match or anything to come out of that visit.

Maybe if on Monday they'd really pushed hard on the notion he was considering using his Rumble Ticket to challenge for the NXT Title, like Charlotte did, that might have created some intrigue, but I don't think anyone on earth would have believed that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

He was in the stable with the really racist guy and more or less disavowed him when that came to light.

The really racist guy got back on TV right? The other two (less racist) guys haven't and apparently are getting fired. Right?