Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think people are saying TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children is the new tactics hotness?

Having just started it the game is a lot of fun but at times it can be extremely frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yakuza 7 hides an overworld exploration mechanic behind switching Kasuga to a specific Job once and then you can just switch back to whatever job you want and still have the ability. Nothing in the game tells you there's this mechanic waiting to be unlocked, and the spaces that it's used on just don't have any interactivity until you have the ability.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo IV I am not surprised, but Overwatch 2 is literally just a single player expansion pack lol.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Diablo IV I am not surprised, but Overwatch 2 is literally just a single player expansion pack lol.

OW2 is probably also a series of platform updates for getting a gravy train rolling so I imagine they don't want to halfass it in quarantine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And now it's going to be a remake of Tony Hawk 3 so they gotta start from scratch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Whoever guessed that Aspyr was going to be doing the new KOTOR, it seems to be happening

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aspyr-media-is-working-on-an-aaa-70-million-title-kotor.372402

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
isn't their sole experience in porting rather than developing? that would be an ambitious first project.

aspyr gave me a free steam key when i sent them photo evidence of my cd edition of kotor 2. that was cool of them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

OW2 is probably also a series of platform updates for getting a gravy train rolling so I imagine they don't want to halfass it in quarantine

Ow2 is literally their mvm rip-off only a full game so uhh good luck guys

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is it pronounced "aspire" or "as-per"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ometeotl posted:

Yakuza 7 hides an overworld exploration mechanic behind switching Kasuga to a specific Job once and then you can just switch back to whatever job you want and still have the ability. Nothing in the game tells you there's this mechanic waiting to be unlocked, and the spaces that it's used on just don't have any interactivity until you have the ability.

Wait what? I'm in chapter 14 and this is the first I'm hearing about this. Whats the the job?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They're selling the Neo Geo Pocket version of SNK vs Capcom on the eshop, which is uninteresting except for the rights issue. In a sane world this paves the way to re-releasing CvS2, one of history's greatest games.
you kidding? match of the millenium is a fuckin treasure, and probably a better game than cvs2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Wait what? I'm in chapter 14 and this is the first I'm hearing about this. Whats the the job?

Foreman

I only learned about it because someone mentioned it in the Discord lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now svc chaos,

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They're selling the Neo Geo Pocket version of SNK vs Capcom on the eshop, which is uninteresting except for the rights issue. In a sane world this paves the way to re-releasing CvS2, one of history's greatest games.

bullshit it's uninteresting, that game owns. The NGPC version is shockingly good

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The NGPC itself was also shockingly good, but it’s not like the game can re-create that click-stick feeling.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

if you look up you can see yggdrasil

i could look at this game all day

especially the big troll heads i attached to the sides of my house. eat poo poo, you big dumb trolls

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Reading through Blacksad again has a way different feeling post-2020 also hello it is 4 am and I'm awake and wish I was aasleepp but can't sleep so gonna game instead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna save up for a better pc but I wanna focus on moving to a better apartment first and hoo boy is moving an annoying thing around here because too many places are like "hey, no cats" and while we'd have the therapy animal papers to show we need them, there isn't exactly anything preventing them from just turning us down and never saying that it is because of the cats.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it pronounced "aspire" or "as-per"

I don't know how it's pronounced but it looks like a word Ann Rice made up to mean "vampire with Asperger's"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
All Anne Rice vampires are rear end-pires.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The rear end-Peer.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
when I was a kid, for whatever reason, there was a coffin-shaped paper box with the first 2 or 3 anne rice vampire books on cassette tape in it in my home and I listened to them multiple times through because books on tape were unheard of to me and they were risque for a pre teen. theyre real bad books but I have a weird nostalgia for them because of this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anne Rice was a meaningful stepping stone for people of a certain age to finding out you were into That Gay poo poo.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Weirdly true.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Twilight is Anne Rice's fault, never forget, never forgive

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

There any good 3rd party ps3 controllers? New Sony ones seem hella expensive these days.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Twilight is Anne Rice's fault, never forget, never forgive

Isn't it funny that Anne Rice and Stephanie Meyer are both mega Christians?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Anne Rice is born-again, she wrote most of her novels before that.

Also, Corona update: it's not Corona! Whew.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

Also, Corona update: it's not Corona! Whew.

:toot:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Anne Rice is born-again, she wrote most of her novels before that.

Oh I know, it's still funny. Didn't she write a book "redeeming" Lestat because he was secretly an angel or something? Lol

Grats on the non-Rona :)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

https://twitter.com/Squiblon/status/1357506888028409861

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kerrzhe posted:

if you look up you can see yggdrasil

i could look at this game all day

especially the big troll heads i attached to the sides of my house. eat poo poo, you big dumb trolls

what game is this? looks pretty

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

"YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME" lol

Ciaphas posted:

what game is this? looks pretty
Valheim

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ometeotl posted:

This is something that reeks of an abandoned feature. Probably every job was gonna have a field skill and there'd be a tutorial about it but they droppped it halfway through and the only bits that stuck in the map design were the destructible foreman points.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

as someone who was an actual teenage boy at the time of the release of Mass Effect 2 (or rear end Effect as it was known at the time),

I remember thinking "this is a bit much" about those gratuitous camera shots of Miranda's rear end

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A lot of the cinematic camera work for dialog, and cutscenes in the Mass Effect games were bad, like failed cinematography 101 levels of bad. So if Bioware is going back and redoing a lot of it, that is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Arzaac posted:

This is something that reeks of an abandoned feature. Probably every job was gonna have a field skill and there'd be a tutorial about it but they droppped it halfway through and the only bits that stuck in the map design were the destructible foreman points.

It would make sense if they at least tutorialised it and gave the player a reason to explore the early parts of the map again once they unlock the job changing.