Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

This reminds me of the Tarantino interview where they ask him about racism and he goes “I’m just here to sell my movie, this is supposed to be a commercial!” Why won’t the media unquestioningly promote me :qq:

Lmao but he is right. That was probably # 13 interview of the day, most of those press junkets are just nonsense magazine padding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
He was wrong - he interviewed with Guru-Murthy on C4 news. UK public channels have broadcasting rules preventing them from turning the news into thinly-veiled advertisements. He didn’t do his research. (Though to be fair he’s not the only one who has gotten angry at Guru-Murthy for his interview technique!)

e: I’m not sure of the rules for newspapers though so idk if Jorp reasonably expected more of the nicey-nicey treatment. It’s certainly not a guarantee from The Times though. It’s not a tabloid.

Prism Mirror Lens fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 4, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

I made it this far

How do people find this guy entertaining or listen to him for extended periods

Jordan Peterson and the people he inspires are very entertaining i don't know what your on about

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

-there's no evidence inequality is caused by capitalism

:allears:
what a scientist

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Nice meltdown.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
where is this interview? i want to see peterson getting owned

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Drugman Peepeerson

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's really cool that when JP said "stand up and tell the truth" what he really meant was "publically whine to your incel fanbase every time you get owned by a woman".

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Rutibex posted:

i thought it was a new interview but apparently he's melting down over a near 3 year old interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/style/jordan-peterson-12-rules-for-life.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Whorelord posted:

Nice meltdown.

LMAO at offering a woman who owned you a "way out". What a smooth-brained weirdo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Whorelord posted:

i thought it was a new interview but apparently he's melting down over a near 3 year old interview.

Oh wow, so he really is brain damaged. Huh.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

it's incredible how much he's terrified of women lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Whorelord posted:

ah that makes sense. i imagine some times jordan peterson wakes up and it feels like it is three years ago. i mean he spent most of 2019-2020 in some kind of haze or coma. maybe for him this feels like it happened last week

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He's the personification of this tweet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=19

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rutibex posted:

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSTMagazine/status/1356308966758887425

:qq:

shame it's behind a paywall. would like to see what he's crying about now

This post in the ICW thread holds all the paywall stuff.

It's an extremely measured and neutral interview, given the absolutely insane poo poo Mikhaila says and Peterson only regaining his confidence when stepping away from the subject of himself and on to saying nazi poo poo. Anything short of massaging his balls the entire way through is a vicious knife in the back.

E: Never mind, I stand corrected. He is, in fact, melting down over a different, older interview. lmao

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

This post in the ICW thread holds all the paywall stuff.

It's an extremely measured and neutral interview, given the absolutely insane poo poo Mikhaila says and Peterson only regaining his confidence when stepping away from the subject of himself and on to saying nazi poo poo. Anything short of massaging his balls the entire way through is a vicious knife in the back.

E: Never mind, I stand corrected. He is, in fact, melting down over a different, older interview. lmao

i mean.. the interview/article doesn't really come off as neutral. it's fairly obvious that the author doesn't take them very seriously at all. and that is the correct way to interview people like this.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I object on principle to the idea that being neutral means treating every idea as if it has merit, but will concede that semantically it may not have been the most accurate word to use.

She presents the conversation as it would have appeared to any rational observer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It must suck for JP to become even dumber than he was before when his grand vision of the universe assumes that intelligence is what determines your worth.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I object on principle to the idea that being neutral means treating every idea as if it has merit, but will concede that semantically it may not have been the most accurate word to use.

She presents the conversation as it would have appeared to any rational observer.

I think there are some connotations associated with “neutral” and you’d be better to say “objective” in this situation. Journalist should be objective, not necessarily neutral.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Palpek posted:

It must suck for JP to become even dumber than he was before when his grand vision of the universe assumes that intelligence is what determines your worth.

Then Jorp is basically a mental hedge fund manager, and he's completely broke.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

1redflag posted:

I think there are some connotations associated with “neutral” and you’d be better to say “objective” in this situation. Journalist should be objective, not necessarily neutral.

Note taken, that is a better term.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Palpek posted:

Actually it's very cool for him that due to his akathisia he can just get up and walk away from any interview at any time and also he can't be expected to coherently explain himself or his positions cuz he's got brain damage (for real this time)

the grift continues

ben shapino fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 5, 2021

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, did anyone catch the fact that the daughter’s husband is Russian? Wonder if they met before, during, or after she put her dad in a coma

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

1redflag posted:

Also, did anyone catch the fact that the daughter’s husband is Russian? Wonder if they met before, during, or after she put her dad in a coma

It was before

He was also a grifter who trafficked women and insulted people for watching Star Wars on twitter IIRC

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fried Watermelon posted:

It was before

He was also a grifter who trafficked women and

That's inhuman and barbaric

quote:

insulted people for watching Star Wars on twitter IIRC

But even monsters can have honor.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Whorelord posted:

Nice meltdown.

i do wonder if this instance his tweets may be his daughter using his account. not that jorp hasn't shown moments of being hysterical when he feels he's been slighted, but even for him it seems a little much.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Whoever said that the relationship between Jorp and his daughter seems like Munchhausen by proxy is almost definitely correct.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
She probably doesn't even have to try very hard, she just has to agree with and facilitate his bad, self-destructive ideas.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

jordan peterson got owned by a glass of cider

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Whorelord posted:

Nice meltdown.

So what's happening here exactly?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Nelson Mandingo posted:

permanent sundowning, i.e., brain damage

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nelson Mandingo posted:

jorp gets into a blackout and starts googling his enemies list and there you go

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
https://i.imgur.com/guN9MyN.mp4

e. Whoops, misread the thread title.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kirk Norris posted:

https://i.imgur.com/guN9MyN.mp4

e. Whoops, misread the thread title.

Yes grandma, it’s soft.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Yes grandma, it’s soft.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
omg Jordan Petersons daughter has a youtube. she also has a much better camera than her dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmk6aESKYWE

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I got 10 seconds into that 40 minute disaster and couldn't continue. Something tells me I got the general idea of the entire video though based on just those 10 seconds listening to top-bun talk about how the media is the enemy of the people.

The comment section is just as sad and pathetic as any Jorp video too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rutibex posted:

omg Jordan Petersons daughter has a youtube. she also has a much better camera than her dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmk6aESKYWE

Those comments are so utterly pathetic.