Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Pro tip for when making chicken (noodle) soup: Fill a tea infuser with pickling spice while it cooks.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
One of my mainstay quarantine meals has been making oatmeal in chicken stock

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Chicken noodle soup is trash

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Chicken noodle soup is trash

Me and Rinaldo agree on something?

The Bills are winning the superbowl.

Pron on VHS posted:

One of my mainstay quarantine meals has been making oatmeal in chicken stock

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I like bananas and avocados. Also, I like the latin type of chicken soup that comes with like a quarter chicken in it instead of shredded pieces.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Nevada is drawing up legislation for the creation of Company Towns.

https://twitter.com/peterhemminger/status/1357735095503777792?s=20

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Pro tip for when making chicken (noodle) soup: Fill a tea infuser with pickling salt while it cooks.

why?

pickling salt is just very fine salt, which means it dissolves really fast, but also means when you use volumetric measurements (:argh:) there's more salt per volume than with courser salts like typical sea or kosher salt and even a bit more than regular table salt

but I don't get what the tea strainer part is for, vs. just adding the right amount of salt?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1357758844752039937

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

there's probably nothing stopping amazon or whatever to take advantage of that but i don't get why they're expecting a solar/blockchain/internet of things town to spring up and be useful to anyone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

hifi posted:

there's probably nothing stopping amazon or whatever to take advantage of that but i don't get why they're expecting a solar/blockchain/internet of things town to spring up and be useful to anyone

Just spitballin I guess. They have plenty of space, I know that.

I guess when the mob came down and set up shop a few decades ago it ended up being a net positive for the state; now you bait the techno-libertarians and just see what happens.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

wandler20 posted:

Pro tip for when making chicken (noodle) soup: Fill a tea infuser with pickling salt while it cooks.

Durrrr I read that as "pink salt" and got all excited as I just got some to make homemade bacon.

Skwirl posted:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

General Dog posted:

Just spitballin I guess. They have plenty of space, I know that.

I guess when the mob came down and set up shop a few decades ago it ended up being a net positive for the state; now you bait the techno-libertarians and just see what happens.

yeah but they didn't have to build the roads and plumbing

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I haven't done my taxes yet, but I think I hosed up my withholdings last year because I know I'm about to owe the government a very big check. I just did the IRS withholding calculation and it says I should pay an extra $100 a check. Oops.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RIP, General Chang. :(

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Durrrr I read that as "pink salt" and got all excited as I just got some to make homemade bacon.

I bought that last spring then never made it. I assume you're going to smoke it?

The cook book I have gives two recipes and suggests one get cold smoked and one not. I always thought the smoking was a key part of what makes it bacon and not just salted/cured meat.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Leperflesh posted:

why?

pickling salt is just very fine salt, which means it dissolves really fast, but also means when you use volumetric measurements (:argh:) there's more salt per volume than with courser salts like typical sea or kosher salt and even a bit more than regular table salt

but I don't get what the tea strainer part is for, vs. just adding the right amount of salt?

I hosed that typo up bad, PICKLING SPICE is what I meant.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 5, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I bought that last spring then never made it. I assume you're going to smoke it?

The cook book I have gives two recipes and suggests one get cold smoked and one not. I always thought the smoking was a key part of what makes it bacon and not just salted/cured meat.

You are correct that smoking is what makes pork into bacon. Otherwise you got pancetta, which is awesome in its own way but a different thing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Does anybody who’s played Hitman 3 know how the levels from Hitman 1 and 2 are unlocked in 3? My impression was that you have to already own them, but how does it validate that (on console)?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Oh no...

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1357767467309924353?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hifi posted:

The legislation is being done specifically at the request of Blockchains LLC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Are they gonna make giant wind/solar farms that power Bitcoin mining?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Isn't Yang sick with COVID? Could just be a sick meal, though maybe don't post pictures of those on twitter dude (I don't like Yang for other reasons)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

Are they gonna make giant wind/solar farms that power Bitcoin mining?

They're gonna manufacture human misery in exchange for not paying any taxes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Blockchain is such a goddamn useless technology and I'm glad that it fell out of vogue in business executive circles... only to be overtaken by everyone talking about using "AI" in their product now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Blockchain is such a goddamn useless technology and I'm glad that it fell out of vogue in business executive circles... only to be overtaken by everyone talking about using "AI" in their product now.

Tired: blockchain
Wired: "employees" in literal chains.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can’t bring about the apocalypse via Skynet if you aren’t packing everything to the gills with AI. Judgement Day was supposed to happen over a decade ago, we’re way behind schedule!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m flying to Big Sky for a week to sit in a ranch in the mountains that doesn’t have cell service or WiFi and I could not be more excited.

Anyway I got through security at the airport and I didnt realize until after that they never checked if I had a ticket, only ever looked at my ID.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you click through the video does deliver as promised

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1357745838265573378

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m flying to Big Sky for a week to sit in a ranch in the mountains that doesn’t have cell service or WiFi and I could not be more excited.

Anyway I got through security at the airport and I didnt realize until after that they never checked if I had a ticket, only ever looked at my ID.

Guess they figured any plane you get on would in a sense take you to big sky

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nice! I’m spending the weekend in a snowshoe cabin with no cell service or WiFi too. Being stuck indoors for the last year has meant my screen time has been even higher so I’m really looking forward to it. Have any snowshoeing/skiing/etc. planned?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I hosed that typo up bad, PICKING SPICE is what I meant.

you mean pickling spices? Like, coriander, dill, peppercorns, mustard seed, that sort of thing? because lol you made another typo haha

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Nice! I’m spending the weekend in a snowshoe cabin with no cell service or WiFi too. Being stuck indoors for the last year has meant my screen time has been even higher so I’m really looking forward to it. Have any snowshoeing/skiing/etc. planned?

Was gonna go skiing but a lift ticket was like $250, not even considering gear and lessons(never been skiing), but a snowmobile tour was much cheaper so gonna do that one day.

Idk I may wind up skiing but honestly yeah just looking forward to being disconnected for a bit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GF is going to take a 13 week nursing contract in burlington vermont. it'll be her first travel contract and her first time out of the state of tennessee for work.

she was worried about us being apart another 13 weeks but at 5k a week for only 3 shifts i was like "bitch get that bread"

it starts march 1st and she'll fly me up whenever. will the skiing still be good?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1357488378204151810

this sounds good as hell tbh (but don't listen on crappy speakers or it will sound exactly the same)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Seen on Texas overhead highway sign:
Bucs and Chiefs don't get blitzed
Stay sober. There's no instant replay.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 5, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

this sounds good as hell tbh (but don't listen on crappy speakers or it will sound exactly the same)

It's wild that to figure out the samples, they poured over old pictures to figure out the equipment being used

https://twitter.com/synamax/status/1357714139645435910

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

GF is going to take a 13 week nursing contract in burlington vermont. it'll be her first travel contract and her first time out of the state of tennessee for work.

she was worried about us being apart another 13 weeks but at 5k a week for only 3 shifts i was like "bitch get that bread"

it starts march 1st and she'll fly me up whenever. will the skiing still be good?

Don't know about the skiing but there are a ton of great breweries in Vermont.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

God drat, they were playing the long game the whole time...

https://twitter.com/SheriffAlert/status/1357718112599240706?s=19

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

don't forget to put "already had covid" into your Hinge profile, finding a new partner in these times can be difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1357488378204151810

Holy poo poo this is incredible.

What are everyone's weekend plans? I found a smoker I'm picking up tonight then a run and first date tomorrow. Hoping to use the smoker for a pork butt Sunday while watching the SB.