Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

StormDrain posted:

Why do you lift your foot up? Do you need to sit higher, or is the floor too far away maybe?

I can't tell if this is a joke or not but I do the leg thing too. For the life of me I couldn't tell you why it happens, it just kind of does. I also have serious shaky leg, which might have something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I sit on my foot like 90% of the time I'm sitting. Even at restaurant booths.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not but I do the leg thing too. For the life of me I couldn't tell you why it happens, it just kind of does. I also have serious shaky leg, which might have something to do with it.

Well while you're doing that do some piriformis stretches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1rtQ-PF38

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Just sit on a stool like a normal person

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Somehow standing desks haven't entered the conversation.

Sometimes people tuck their legs under because their feet don't sit comfortably on the floor when they're at desk height, so a solution is to have a platform to rest the feet on. That's all I meant by my question earlier.

GrapeSoda
Oct 22, 2008

fischtick posted:

Can confirm: the plastic rim makes it so there's really one way to sit in the chair, but fear not, there are other ways to abuse your body! I used to sit in my Aeron and put my feet way under the chair, where all by themselves they'd find a way to lock themselves into the spokes of the chair. Once there, they'd pull on my legs, pressing them against the same plastic rim we've mentioned, until my legs fell asleep.

The rest of the time, the Aeron is like a space hammock for your body. A space hammock that does not filter farts whatsoever.

I can confirm both sides of the coin. As a person who sits on his foot frequently and has an Aeron at work, it is very uncomfortable to sit that way at work. My Steelcase Leap V2 at home fully supports my bad foot-sitting habit.

If you live near a big city, check with office liquidators. They get all their inventory for cheap from failed businesses and pass the savings to you. I went to one hoping to get a used Aeron for $400 but fell in love with an almost new Leap V2 they had lying aroundfor $300.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

StormDrain posted:

Somehow standing desks haven't entered the conversation.

good

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I think we can all agree on the optimal computer stance

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Unless you’re calling brownie mix cocoa powder it shouldn’t be sweet in the first place. Chocolate for baking is an entirely different beast than chocolate for eating.

If it’s plain powder for baking then that just means your wife has a good recipe!

It's actual cocoa powder and not brownie mix. She mixes it with sugar, flour, vanilla, butter, eggs, etc

My point was that it's probably way better than that giant premade too sweet brownie you can buy.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Is the Baby Yoda phenomenon hitting any other Costcos? They've got these Yoda Squishmallows here and people line up before the store opens every day to get them. Full pallets of them gone in minutes, people wandering the store with carts filled with them.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Is the Baby Yoda phenomenon hitting any other Costcos? They've got these Yoda Squishmallows here and people line up before the store opens every day to get them. Full pallets of them gone in minutes, people wandering the store with carts filled with them.

They were hot this past holiday season, I guess they're restocking them now.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib

Kim Jaym Il posted:

They have really good Ebay resale, just folks scalping to resell online.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

medchem posted:

It's actual cocoa powder and not brownie mix. She mixes it with sugar, flour, vanilla, butter, eggs, etc

My point was that it's probably way better than that giant premade too sweet brownie you can buy.

We make "from scratch" brownies all the time, but I got a 2-for-1 deal on boxed ghiradelli brownie mix a while back, so we had some in the pantry. My kid made "brownie cookies" last night and they are AMAZING. I haven't been able to get out of her how she changed the box recipe, but the result is like if you cut the top 1/4" off a brownie: flaky top, chewy outsides, and just enough of that barely baked insides. All without the cake-y rest of the brownie.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I do like that ghiardelli brownie mix a lot, it’s super easy and nothing beats warm brownies from the oven.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
has anyone been seeing the clorox wipes

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

pezzie posted:

The Aeron might actually be the chair for you, from what I read! There is a hard plastic rim that goes around the outside edge of the seat, and if you try sitting on your foot, it would be super uncomfortable and dig into your skin.

That's actually the main reason I didn't want to get an Aeron. I like sitting cross legged sometimes on my office chair, and the Leap still let me do that. Loads of reports that the Aeron is a great chair but not if you like sitting weird sometimes.

I'm also a foot-sitter and absolutely haaaaate the Aeron because it doesn't let me sit comfortably. I bought a Steelcase Leap recently since I've been working from home and I find it infinitely more comfortable.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

has anyone been seeing the clorox wipes

yeah they seem to be back at costco and every other store around here FINALLY

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
just searched costco.com for chlorox and uh

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
haha, you don’t know about the casket? Hey everybody this guy doesn’t know about the casket!

(funeral homes are a huge ripoff designed to extract money from grieving family and Costco’s caskets are actually a pretty solid deal, they are nice caskets and way cheaper than what you'll pay at a funeral home)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 5, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

F

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Stop putting your fat kids in the cart, people!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Exceeded the toilet paper limit.

I went to the 'co 2 days ago when the mailer went into effect. It wasn't bad there at all but the gas pumps were the fullest I've ever seen them before. The lot was completely full and one person was waiting at where you pull into them, blocking the entrance. The most full I've ever seen it before was maybe 1/8th that. :shrug:

I got my 2 boxes of ROBERT IRVINE BUFFNESS! Also picked up a 9 pack of Vietnamese pho. Unfortunately I've never had pho before so this will suck being my first taste. Although it's just the noodles. The reason I got them is I saw some chicken dumplings in the freezer section I always wanted to get and I figured it'd be nice to throw a few of those into the bowl of pho for a nice lunch.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

dali goes shopping

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cart has a gangsta lean

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Paul MaudDib posted:

haha, you don’t know about the casket? Hey everybody this guy doesn’t know about the casket!

(funeral homes are a huge ripoff designed to extract money from grieving family and Costco’s caskets are actually a pretty solid deal, they are nice caskets and way cheaper than what you'll pay at a funeral home)

True as this may be, hermetically sealed caskets like the one in the screenshot give me the heebie jeebies.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Persistance of Sampling (2021)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Cart has a gangsta Jesus lean

B-Shoc is one of the Icy Hot Stuntaz

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

M'lady.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Propaganda Machine posted:

True as this may be, hermetically sealed caskets like the one in the screenshot give me the heebie jeebies.

Also how does that even work? Do you buy it in advance and store it in your garage or do they offer next day shipping for when someone kicks the bucket?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

nwin posted:

Also how does that even work? Do you buy it in advance and store it in your garage or do they offer next day shipping for when someone kicks the bucket?

Going to guess you get it shipped to the funeral home. It’s not like you need to rush delivery, they aren’t going anywhere.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

nwin posted:

Go check the listing it's a whole process.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also picked up a 9 pack of Vietnamese pho. Unfortunately I've never had pho before so this will suck being my first taste. Although it's just the noodles. The reason I got them is I saw some chicken dumplings in the freezer section I always wanted to get and I figured it'd be nice to throw a few of those into the bowl of pho for a nice lunch.

If it's the Snapdragon brand, it's ok, but nothing really like actual pho. They are still a nice warm lunch soup though. Pour the boiling water in instead of microwaving them, it works better.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

If it's the Snapdragon brand, it's ok, but nothing really like actual pho. They are still a nice warm lunch soup though. Pour the boiling water in instead of microwaving them, it works better.

:thumbsup:

Yep! I'll do that. Thank you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is this just as good as Pam? Kinda annoyed they stopped carrying Pam and switched to this.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cartoon Man posted:

Is this just as good as Pam? Kinda annoyed they stopped carrying Pam and switched to this.

It seems exactly like spray Canola oil? Is there something special or specific about Pam?
We've been using this for as long as they've had it and it performs exactly like it should as far as we can tell.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also picked up a 9 pack of Vietnamese pho. Unfortunately I've never had pho before so this will suck being my first taste. Although it's just the noodles. The reason I got them is I saw some chicken dumplings in the freezer section I always wanted to get and I figured it'd be nice to throw a few of those into the bowl of pho for a nice lunch.

Pho is extremely good and i recommend going to an pho place once this hell is over with.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pho is highly overrated. Not even top five Vietnamese dishes.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

priznat posted:

Stop putting your fat kids in the cart, people!!

Question for the thread: How do you feel about the families who let their kids push the carts in the store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Everyone should shop alone if they can.