Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

When will we have races between driverless AI cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Thermal management and tyre life windows on pirelli re-used balloons.
Drivers can't mentally solve the moving simultaneous equation to keep both in balance, so a computer spits out a pace-target and they match it.
It's why racing is dull in a nutshell IMO, and why races where that model flies out the window own so much in comparison.

hi racing

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

When will we have races between driverless AI cars

A couple of years ago? You never heard of it before? https://aws.amazon.com/deepracer/

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They already made the max ai

https://twitter.com/CARandDRIVER/status/1322221779734200321

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Ban front wings

It would save Lance alot of pit stops.

Also, no flags for Meatspin.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/russia-mazepin-neutral-flag-f1/5345260/

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tsaedje posted:

You are aware that 2022 regs include ground effects and drastically reducing wings, right?

Yes and I'm saying it doesn't go far enough.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Fumble posted:

Are they going to rename the Russian GP?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Are they going to rename the Russian GP?

The answer is in the link you replied to

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fumble posted:

The only flag that should be associated with meatspin is a black one

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

BabyFur Denny posted:

The answer is in the link you replied to

It says it's still going ahead but it didn't clarify if they can call it the the Russian GP. Given that the words "Russian" or "Russia" apparently can't be used by drivers or organisations it seems like it might be an issue.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Former Soviet Union GP.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Reverse grid and sprint races are loving stupid. Lift the development bans and let the teams go wild. Formula1 should go back to insane assholes trying to outspent other insane assholes in the quest for victory.

Also the leclercs are great

https://twitter.com/LeclercNews/status/1358066589208313861

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Alfa, Alpha, Alpine and Aston. A commentator's nightmare, and/or a Two Ronnies sketch. It's even better than the Year of the Three Sebastians.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Zeta Acosta posted:

Reverse grid and sprint races are loving stupid. Lift the development bans and let the teams go wild. Formula1 should go back to insane assholes trying to outspent other insane assholes in the quest for victory.

How about like...

Whichever team scores the most WCC points has their car’s safety equipment removed? Since they’re (Mercedes) always so far out ahead of the other teams on race day, there’s a very low risk of crashing outside of driver error. So let’s let Hamilton and Bottas race without seatbelts for a season. If they sweep 2021? Let’s remove the Halo; and so forth.

The teams that are dogshit garbage (Ferrari) get extra safety equipment to weigh them down so that there’s less of a risk for Merc.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

Alfa, Alpha, Alpine and Aston. A commentator's nightmare, and/or a Two Ronnies sketch. It's even better than the Year of the Three Sebastians.

Crofty: Massa/nassa? gently caress it, im going to call one fred.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

How about like...

Whichever team scores the most WCC points has their car’s safety equipment removed? Since they’re (Mercedes) always so far out ahead of the other teams on race day, there’s a very low risk of crashing outside of driver error. So let’s let Hamilton and Bottas race without seatbelts for a season. If they sweep 2021? Let’s remove the Halo; and so forth.

The teams that are dogshit garbage (Ferrari) get extra safety equipment to weigh them down so that there’s less of a risk for Merc.

So THAT'S how grosjean lived

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

failure ballast

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That's what Helmut calls the 2nd driver for Redbull

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

https://twitter.com/decalspotters/status/1358117651583754245
:bisonyes:
My favourite garbage fire sponsor, please return. Please Williams.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

masterpine posted:

https://twitter.com/decalspotters/status/1358117651583754245
:bisonyes:
My favourite garbage fire sponsor, please return. Please Williams.

lol :rip: Williams

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Imagine actually thinking that rich energy might actually come through with some cash.

Actually it is far more likely that the new owners will sign the contract knowing the cash won't come through, but will leverage it to take out loans on the team. They get money, rich energy gets some more publicity for almost nothing, and the team goes down the drain in 18 months.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I just did a Google search for "where to buy rich energy". The results were Amazon (via a third-party seller), Rich Energy themselves, and, er, eBay. (For some absolutely ludicrous prices. £2599.98 for 24 cans, anyone?) But if you want to walk into somewhere you might also buy competing products like Red Bull or Monster - ie, "shops" - you're out of luck.

Are the new owners of Williams rubes, or just desperate for sponsors?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Some very very smart marketing person has figured out that if you’re an edgy brand targeting youth you’re going to get a far better ROI by sponsoring some poo poo team, promising the moon, throwing an ensuing shitfit when middling results are displayed, and then refusing to pay.

Because F1 is boring as gently caress this will be the most exciting thing to happen in the sport since the last time they did this and every media covering F1 will be tripping over themselves to write about this. I think they should be given an award for thinking that up tbh

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Also I’m pretty sure that’s what is called “fake news” and that photo is from when they approached Williams as a potential sponsor before signing the deal with Haas.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
It’s almost like getting news from twitter is bad 🤔

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

I just did a Google search for "where to buy rich energy". The results were Amazon (via a third-party seller), Rich Energy themselves, and, er, eBay. (For some absolutely ludicrous prices. £2599.98 for 24 cans, anyone?) But if you want to walk into somewhere you might also buy competing products like Red Bull or Monster - ie, "shops" - you're out of luck.

Are the new owners of Williams rubes, or just desperate for sponsors?

Isn't it similar to Huski Chocolate in that respect?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Mission Winnow comes to mind.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

the corona quid posted:

Also I’m pretty sure that’s what is called “fake news” and that photo is from when they approached Williams as a potential sponsor before signing the deal with Haas.

Yeah someone in the replies points out that some of Stroll and Sirotkin's sponsors are also on the car so it's probably a mock up from 2018

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Fumble posted:

Mission Winnow comes to mind.

Critical mission failure, not a single win last year

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mission Winnextyear

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

the corona quid posted:

Correct.

It was discussed like 3 threads ago.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's fake news but it shouldn't be.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Mission Winnextyear

mission binnow

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I like how its pronounced 'Al - peen' and not 'Al - pine'

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the corona quid posted:

Yes that is exactly what the tweet is saying

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I can’t read and I refuse to learn wicka

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

mission binnow

They were v successful at this one

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What a pitiful world we live in where the fake news paints the most optimistic picture of human flourishing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Big Jesus posted:

They were v successful at this one

also mission spinnow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

FAUXTON posted:

mission binnow
Hardly surprising when the team boss is a literal binman.