Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Context on this one?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Outrail posted:

Context on this one?

Read the thread title

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Pull up, thread.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Goddamn, I remember arguing about that video on this very website. I'm glad it isn't as chuddy as it was.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The call of duty mission of this belongs in here too

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They should have honourably duelled the terrorists with a sword, and bowed ofc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yes i think the other 400,000 threads on the forum are sufficient for pointing out that America actually sucks, thanks

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Aardvark! posted:

yes i think the other 400,000 threads on the forum are sufficient for pointing out that America actually sucks, thanks

There's not enough posts on the internet to accomplish that.

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet
Dammit stick to the roadside attraction and messed up food photos

:d2a:'ing is what cspam is for

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

is there a story behind these columns? theyre cool as hell

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

yugioh mishima posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

DCMilitary.com posted:

Relatively unknown even to locals, the formation of 22 sandstone columns stand atop a grassy knoll amidst the Ellipse Meadow of the U.S. National Arboretum in the District of Columbia’s northeast corner.

[. . .]

Crowned by ornate capitals carved with intricate floral motifs inspired by the Corinthian order of classical Greek and Roman architecture, the columns were originally built in 1828 to support the East Central Portico of the U.S. Capitol, directly under the building’s original dome.

However, when the current, much larger Capitol dome was completed in 1866, it overwhelmed the proportions of the columns, creating a discomforting visual impression that they were too small to support the superstructure above.

To correct this aesthetic incongruity, construction on an extension of the East Portico commenced in 1958. In the process, the original columns were removed and placed into storage by the U.S. government.

There they remained until the 1980s, when Ethel Shields Garrett, a benefactor of the National Arboretum, successfully advocated for the columns to be put back on public display. In 1984, landscape designer Russell Page sketched out a plan that would have the columns vertically punctuate the wide-open expanses of the Arboretum’s Ellipse Meadow.

Reinstallation of the columns began in 1988, and the site was completed and dedicated in 1990.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

yugioh mishima posted:

Yeah, they're from Harold Irvane's Sculpture Garden in Gravy's Point MO. Their website claims all of their sculptures are commissioned by a single donor.

I went there as a kid and besides these pillars the only thing I remember is that every single sculpture was completely surrounded by food trucks (you had to drive miles in between sculptures) and they very specifically advertised that water was free, but bottled water cost $4.50 on all the signs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
they meant the pond water was free

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

they meant the pond water was free

They always forget to advertise the free diarrhea that comes with the water, too. The idiots are leaving money on the table.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Do you really think that’s enough bbq sauce though? :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

yugioh mishima posted:

Cool mooring bro. :hfive:

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

So that's what that's meant to be! Looks like a pot of crude oil. Also, why is it, and the mac&cheese, spilling over on one side? Is the whole place on the tilt?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Frazzbo posted:

So that's what that's meant to be! Looks like a pot of crude oil. Also, why is it, and the mac&cheese, spilling over on one side? Is the whole place on the tilt?

It's cuz the line cook getting $7 an hour doesn't care enough to clean the rims of plates before they go out

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Never underestimate how much sauce Americans need on everything.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Do they have space lasers?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

yugioh mishima posted:

Yes! They used to be part of the Capitol built in 1828 but in the 1950s part of the capitol was renovated and they were put on a warehouse somewhere before being moved to the National Arboretum in the 80s.

If your ever in DC and the weather is good visit the National Arboretum, it owns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Capitol_Columns

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fors Yard posted:

Never underestimate how much sauce Americans need on everything.

I wasn’t I was being 100% serious. :shrug:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wish there was a better picture of this one

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

Wish there was a better picture of this one

Whenever Amerigoons rag on other peoples for not using 'seasoning' it is these guys.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

That guy is a 99% match for every one of my students who opted for E-learning first semester, did zero work and was forced back to in-person classes. However, I'm slightly surprised they'd eat the veggies on the sandwich.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

still trying to figure out if the shirt is supposed to look like that or if he barfed all over it

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

This is what people are missing when they whine about opening it back up. lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casu Marzu posted:

It's cuz the line cook getting $7 an hour doesn't care enough to clean the rims of plates before they go out

Also because the waitress (and let's be real the server is a woman there) carried all the sides piled on top of the food on the way to the table

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Piled High

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

The Bloop posted:

Also because the waitress (and let's be real the server is a woman there) carried all the sides piled on top of the food on the way to the table

Upper left corner for visual aid.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

this is what I imagine Reddit meetups are like.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

This should be on the official Seal of the United States

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

colonelwest posted:

This should be on the official Seal of the United States

Nah, the seal should be a double cheeseburger, sitting on top of a slice of pepperoni pizza, surrounded by piles of chicken wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spazzle posted:

Nah, the seal should be a double cheeseburger, sitting on top of a slice of pepperoni pizza, surrounded by piles of chicken wings.

But can we get the chicken wings into the crust somehow, and maybe use the pizza itself for a burger bun? These are the hard questions america is willing to tackle. :thunk: