Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
First we saw Dr. Yoshi, and now Dr. Toad shows up, is this hospital just full of Mario reference doctors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rhonne posted:

First we saw Dr. Yoshi, and now Dr. Toad shows up, is this hospital just full of Mario reference doctors?
I want my Dr. Bowsette next. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grouchio posted:

:hmmyes:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

What if this is how we introduce the Crawler into the main series by having him take on Stain in a Vigilante Showdown

Or if we stick to main strip characters Stain vs Gentle would be an interesting fight.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My theory (with absolutely no backing) is that we're going to head into the second part (ala One Piece's New World) where the heroes arcs more closely mirror the villains from the first half of the series - they start out small and defeated and slowly build to a win that restructures society.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't think MHA is ending before 2025.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Given the mangaka has said that the story is approaching a conclusion sooner than you might expect, that's a pretty bold claim.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, I think what's coming is less a verbal smackdown and more of a verbal bitch-slap to get Endeavor to come to his senses.

Yeah, I'm expecting something along the lines of her convincing him that the best way to atone is to continue heroing, etc etc.

Lamebot posted:

Oh poo poo, Stain is free!! He's the guy who picks up the katana. This is going to be a vigilante's paradise for him.

An alternative possibility is that the current state of society, with heroes having lost the public's trust and heroing no longer just being a way to be famous/rich, has essentially already achieved what he was setting out to do. So his priorities may shift in some way.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: CHAPTER 300 IS OUT :siren:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That's such a great page.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
God drat I loved that final page.
The art and especially the faces sell it so well!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There have been a lot of comics that have toyed with "What if superheroes became pretty drat common and integrated into society like a normal thing" but at this point I honestly think I like this one better than like, Kingdom Come, or the Just, or the Legion of Superheroes

Julias posted:

Given the mangaka has said that the story is approaching a conclusion sooner than you might expect, that's a pretty bold claim.

Authors say this kinda thing all the time and it tends to only be true one in every three occasions. Plus, there's every likelihood that the story goes from being My Hero Acadamia to My Hero Journey or something

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Didn't Horikoshi say he thought the origin story was the most compelling superhero plot? Maybe it just ends with the start of Deku's hero career and that's it, he just leaves it there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lol if the final page is just Deku unlocking OfA at 100% unassisted without hurting himself and punching out AfO.

"And that's the moment I became the world's greatest hero!"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Rei's not having any of his poo poo right now.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Hogama posted:

Rei's not having any of his poo poo right now.

And it's so good!
Oh boohoo your heart? Listen up you little bitch! We've been through this hell for a whole lot longer than you have. No stop having your pity party and start acting like the goddamn number one hero you're supposed to be.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rei looking like she’s put her trauma behind her and telling Endeavor to get his poo poo together and man up owns

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wonder how Stain is feeling about everything? I wonder of the heroes that are still around and didn't quit when things got hard are good enough in his eyes?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viz link: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-300/chapter/21959?action=read

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

Wonder how Stain is feeling about everything? I wonder of the heroes that are still around and didn't quit when things got hard are good enough in his eyes?

That would be very interesting and also make sense. I would imagine that he's still totally down to kill Endeavor, but I could also see him deciding "good, the false heroes are being purified" and turn his attention to violently murdering actual villains instead, especially in light of the army of other prison breaks running around.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

The heroes who quit didn't jump off a bridge in penance of their sins so it's not good enough for Stain.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kanos posted:

That would be very interesting and also make sense. I would imagine that he's still totally down to kill Endeavor, but I could also see him deciding "good, the false heroes are being purified" and turn his attention to violently murdering actual villains instead, especially in light of the army of other prison breaks running around.

Maybe he will be at the forefront of a conflict on whether villains and those with problematic quirks should be treated fairly or face lethal judgement. He could be a catalyst to escalate violence

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
"Spiderman has to team up with the Punisher!" is a classic superhero story, and I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi was just as drawn to it as every Western writer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kanos posted:

Funky Valentine posted:

The heroes who quit didn't jump off a bridge in penance of their sins so it's not good enough for Stain.
I agree with both of you. If I had to guess, I think Stain's view on this situation is something like "a good first step." He's probably going to start to begrudgingly respect the heroes who are staying, but all the ones that have quit just proved him more right than even the reveal about Endeavor.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I feel like Stain would respect Deku at this point just because of the insane brutality hes put his own body through and not once claimed any glory for it. Stain has no problem with proper heroes after all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

serious gaylord posted:

I feel like Stain would respect Deku at this point just because of the insane brutality hes put his own body through and not once claimed any glory for it. Stain has no problem with proper heroes after all.
He's respected Deku since the boy jumped in without hesitation and actually held his own while trying to save Iida.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Dr. Bowsette is obviously helping Mirko with her physical therapy. :colbert: .

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Love that panel. Such a weird moment of "who, me?" tone shift.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Seeing that panel just makes me want to see more of the Nomus given media like the Prinnies from Disgaea were.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think the first Nomu from way back at the start of the manga was in Tartarus?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Do you think the first Nomu from way back at the start of the manga was in Tartarus?

I feel like we'd have seen him by now. They might be keeping him in a research facility, trying to figure out how he got like that. Nomu's are basically vegetables without instructions too, so containment may not be a big deal.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well not big deal until now, because now that AfO is free, they might be receiving new instructions soon. :tinfoil:

Thinking about it, the first Anti-All Might Nomu might be a pretty good opponent for current Deku, to showcase his growth and show how far/close he is to All-Might.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Current Deku is in a coma with destroyed arms and legs, so I'm not sure it would be a very even match up.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

Current Deku is in a coma with destroyed arms and legs, so I'm not sure it would be a very even match up.

Nephthys posted:

Nomu's are basically vegetables without instructions too, so containment may not be a big deal.

Sounds like an even match up to me.

(This is terrible and I'm very sorry.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rhonne posted:

He still has a brave spine waiting to be broken.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/myheroacademia/status/1359154114891030535?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:hmmyes:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He even has him doing the Wily Hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm glad Wash is a true hero unlike that old dude who quit when things got hard.