Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: Hahaha I’m not going to bring the racist? soup thing onto a new page, even in jest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

That whole Ocasio-Smollet thing was intensely IOSM, which i guess means the chuds will be repeating it for decades.

https://twitter.com/joe_swartz_nyc/status/1358872749020770307?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That whole Ocasio-Smollet thing

What's this now?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Chud twitter was referring to her as Alexandria Ocasio-Smollet, saying she made up the story of being in mortal danger on January 6th.
I think the K-pop stans tried to deflate the hashtag?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

What's this now?

#alexandriaocasiosmollet got trending last week, Jussie(Jessie?) Smollet was the actor on empire who made up claims of being attacked, lynched, racial motivation, etc and i think the end result was wholesale fabrication

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ah, thanks.

I figured it was a reference to the Jussie Smollett debacle in some way but I wasn't certain.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Even my own descriptions of this reality don't sound real to me, jfc.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Friendship is over with chicken soup derail.

My new friend is AOC derail.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also the Smollett case is still ongoing because of how badly the Chicago PD hosed up the initial investigation. I'm not sure where the case is at now, I kind of lost track the second time all charges were dropped; he's apparently been charged a third time?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

xtal posted:

Friendship is over with chicken soup derail.

My new friend is AOC derail.

go back to c-spam

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

go back to c-spam

We don't want them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It should be said the Smollet thing was never actually proven to be a hoax.
The only people saying it was is the Chicago police and lol if you believe them

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
E: derailing more

xtal has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Feb 8, 2021

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The fire needs you again. For, i dunno, reasons.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Splash Attack posted:

chicken flavored hot water.

My second favorite smashing pumpkins album

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i have no idea why people are suddenly calling it a "secret" asian soup recipe, when it's just extremely common? when i was sick this is what my parents gave me, and the fact there's no visible vegetables/herbs in the soup means it must be bad is just :psyduck: to me.

also people being upset at the chicken not being shredded is weirdly dumb until i realized that they think these soups are being used only with spoons.

spoons are used for soups, but chopsticks are literally right there on the table so we just use those to pick up and eat the pieces too big for a spoon. and some people like to keep something to dip the big pieces in on the side.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Splash Attack posted:

i have no idea why people are suddenly calling it a "secret" asian soup recipe, when it's just extremely common? when i was sick this is what my parents gave me, and the fact there's no visible vegetables/herbs in the soup means it must be bad is just :psyduck: to me.

also people being upset at the chicken not being shredded is weirdly dumb until i realized that they think these soups are being used only with spoons.

spoons are used for soups, but chopsticks are literally right there on the table so we just use those to pick up and eat the pieces too big for a spoon. and some people like to keep something to dip the big pieces in on the side.

Dont worry about it, Charlesthehammer is under the impression that if he doesnt earn his avatar text every day someone will take it away from him, thats all.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splash Attack posted:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1399599

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057%2F9780230508866_8

etc.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Splash Attack posted:

I didn’t say it was some secret recipe I said he wasn’t secretly making that dish.

Yang was born and raised in the US. He was just making soup

I assume people are making the connection because he has a foreign sounding name

CharlestheHammer has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Feb 8, 2021

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Goa Tse-tung posted:

and yet no one is posting soup that is even coming close to yangs soup, you're always posting better soup! his soup is bad!

Multiple people have linked to stuff! But most of those are going to be more professional shots, so they're going to look "prettier." Nobody is arguing his photo of the soup looks pretty. But saying it's "bad" just because you don't like the way it looks is off base. Not to mention you're choosing to skim past the "secret asian recipe" complaint in the post you quoted.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn’t say it was some secret recipe I said he wasn’t secretly making that dish.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I got to admit people trying to pretend Yang is making a secret Asian dish and calling people racist for not accepting that might be the wildest derail this tjread has had

I don't know how you don't see it, my guy. The chicken noodle soup that you grew up with is not the universal experience of chicken noodle soup, even within the united states. The recipe isn't a secret - it's been explained to you a dozen times that it's a common way to make soup in some cultures. The US has many cultures in it - Yang's parents emigrated from Taiwan, for example.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume people are making the connection because he has a foreign sounding name

lmao this edit.

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Feb 8, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't know how you don't see it, my guy. The chicken noodle soup that you grew up with is not the universal experience of chicken noodle soup, even within the united states. The recipe isn't a secret - it's been explained to you a dozen times that it's a common way to make soup in some cultures. The US has many cultures in it - Yang's parents emigrated from Taiwan, for example.

Okay looking back at it my wording was poor and made it sound not like I intended my bad.

I meant there isn’t any evidence that’s what he did. We don’t know his childhood

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My mom also just put some chicken in water but that's because she was lazy and I appreciate that.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

CharlestheHammer posted:

If an American with UK roots posted a picture with the caption that said "biscuit" but it looked like an American cookie, I don't think we'd have pages of people dunking on them saying they hosed up their biscuit.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Needs updating, leftists hate her now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I meant there isn’t any evidence that’s what he did. We don’t know his childhood

We know his parents are from Taiwan and those of us who are familiar with Asian communities have been straight up telling you repeatedly that it's a normal type of chicken soup.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mak0rz posted:

Ah, thanks.

I figured it was a reference to the Jussie Smollett debacle in some way but I wasn't certain.

If I remember correctly, idiots were using "AOC WASN'T IN THE CAPITOL BUILDING, SHE WAS IN HER OFFICE ACROSS THE STREET! SHE WAS BEING DRAMATIC FOR NO REASON AND MADE IT ALL UP!!!" as some kind of "gotcha".

...Except the "offices across the street" are connected to the Capitol building by a tunnel, thus making it quite possible that an angry, murderous mob who has breached the Capitol may move to other locations via the tunnel(s). But apparently chuds think that AOC needed to be spotted and actively pursued by the mob Scooby Doo-style for her fear of being lynched by terrorists to "count", or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_House_Office_Building#Cannon_Tunnel

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Woozie66 posted:

If an American with UK roots posted a picture with the caption that said "biscuit" but it looked like an American cookie, I don't think we'd have pages of people dunking on them saying they hosed up their biscuit.

I honestly don’t know the difference between a biscuit and a cookie. As far as I know biscuits are just cookies that suck?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The product that is called a biscuit in the UK is called a cookie in the US. The product that is called a biscuit in the US is generally either a dense, shortening-heavy roll or sometimes a cracker.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CharlestheHammer posted:

you can be born and raised in the us and have the culture especially culinary culture of your ancestral homeland. Its actually really common for asians in my experince to not go native and to retain their culture and language. which i think is cool.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But to end this derail I apologize for underestimating different foods

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The real Soup Crime is PA and their bullshit "pot pie".

It's not pot pie you loving weirdos. It's Chicken Noodle Soup.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Beans don't belong in chili

but chicken soup does

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Who puts chicken soup in chili?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think midwesterners have some kind of white chicken chili, but I've never had it

Like most kinds of food, soup has been perfected by the French, with French onion soup and champagne brie

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What are Struggle Tweets?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

I think midwesterners have some kind of white chicken chili, but I've never had it

Like most kinds of food, soup has been perfected by the French, with French onion soup and champagne brie

Seriously though I have made white chicken chili before. It's good but I would never just present it as chili without qualifying it. It's just a different kind of thing.

E: I like to use ground chicken and chicken thighs so you get a little variation in texture.

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Feb 9, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

toanoradian posted:

What are Struggle Tweets?

White people problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Nuttin much, what's a struggle tweetin' with you?