Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

hapsby posted:

i still kinda like the idea of a subforum moderated by taintrunner and SHM where the premise is a combat zone between people who voted for biden and who abstained or voted hawkins/la riva/HRC etc. i just worry it would devolve into a helldump situation :ohdear:

e: i mean a subforum of cspam of course, where trunner and shm are iks

There used to be a subforum of LF called Thunderdome that was for settling grudges between posters. I think they had to do mod challenges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
C-SPAM investing subforum moderated by cumshitter when??

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

ram dass in hell posted:

C-SPAM investing subforum moderated by cumshitter when??

Dude's already taken over doomsday econ what more do you want

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Some Guy TT posted:

also if i made a mock thread for establishment republicans similar in tone to the succ zone for establishment democrats would i be allowed to call it the cucc zone or would that be an autoban

da blow z0ne

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cuck if u buck

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DA5yU11Gso

twoday
May 4, 2005

there's still another batch that I wanted to release but I forgot to hit the record button

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There used to be a subforum of LF called Thunderdome that was for settling grudges between posters. I think they had to do mod challenges?

:hmmyes:

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Make cumshitter an IK you cowards

twoday
May 4, 2005

he was, it was great, he didn't like it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Oh hey actually: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=213

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

he was, it was great, he didn't like it

no i got it taken away because i posted too many gif probes and people complained. i was kinda bored of it at the end though

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It warms my heart to see this come back, I always love to hear from the cspam goons :unsmith:

Maybe I'll make a call when my phone gets fixed some time next week

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

what is the piano tune during president trump's call?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bored Online posted:

what is the piano tune during president trump's call?

I think it's from the scene where the guy from the final fantasy does the laugh

I never actually played the game and couldnt tell you with confidence which one (ten?), I only know about the scene from forums cultural osmosis

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

If that's the song it's called "to zanarkand"

Or "from zanarkand" I forget

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

is there a reason our zones keep getting silently gassed, should i take this as a go-ahead to make a new one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

not sure why my thread, about how democrats are in fact not very good, was gassed, perhaps a moderator could shed light on this situation

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Yinlock posted:

is there a reason our zones keep getting silently gassed, should i take this as a go-ahead to make a new one

there is a whole world of cspam threads out there with people who hate dems! you should explore it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

there is a whole world of cspam threads out there with people who hate dems! you should explore it

This does not seem to be a reason to gas threads, as there is no "multiple threads cannot be made about similar topic" rule, so I assume it was yet another unfortunate mistake

You're so clumsy!

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

who cares dude. are you my mom? what's wrong with :justpost:

twoday
May 4, 2005

*taps sign*

twoday posted:

How's my modding? Want to scream at me about it? Call the official C-SPAM mod feedback hotline and leave a message!

Just dial 1-(TRU)-A01-HAPM or 1-‪(878)-201-4276‬. Remember to dial *67 before the number if you wish for your phone number to remain invisible.

Our posting service representatives are waiting for your calls!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

all right speaking as the main person who posts content in the succ zone i should probably make it clear why i tend to post there instead of other threads in the first place i do post in other threads as appropriate but by and large the tweets i want to share with my posting pals tend to be succ zone tweets heres an example

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1358817580979539968

this tweet is succ zone topical because the figure in question vivek murthy is technically nonpartisan despite the dems fetish for competent adults he was running the show during the ebola epidemic hosed it up and ever since last year weve been gaslighted into thinking obamas ebola response was cool and good actually and now we find out hes been taking bribes from health insurance companies but in a positive way which has been a recurring trend for biden nominees

now where can i post this except the succ zone? democrats thread? not really because hes not an elected figure. biden thread? hes more an obama guy than a biden guy and biden probably thinks hes some immigrant who works at the convenience store. did you get that joke? because biden is senile and because succ zone regulars have all seen the gross racist footage where biden talks about how youre not allowed to own a convenience store unless youre an indian. even if you did get it thats very much a succ zone culture joke that would probably be misunderstood in either of the other two threads i just mentioned

and yes two threads im looking at the front page of cspam and im already out of other threads where a tweet about bidens surgeon general pick taking bribes would feel even slightly on topic if theres no succ zone thread theres honestly not much reason for me to hang out in cspam at all and maybe thats your goal for all i know this succ zone drama is just an excuse to get rid of me but if youre actually sincere about closing it down due to dorechat or d and d relitigation it would make a hell of a lot more sense to go after the minority of posters doing that stuff instead of the majority of us who use the thread to discuss weird democrat adjacent news stories that arent easily classified under the subject line of more straightforward thread topics

twoday
May 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

biden thread?

yes, the tweet says "BIDEN" in loving caps locks several times

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good to know that the mods are completely incapable of interpreting nuance i can see why youre in charge and also why you shut down the succ zone much more clearly now

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

seriously, what was wrong with the old :justpost: version of cspam?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

yes, the tweet says "BIDEN" in loving caps locks several times

Please explain, exactly, what the problem is with us having a thread instead of silently gassing any attempt to open discussion and then condescending to us for daring to ask anything of our betters

Is it breaking a rule? No, so mods shouldn't be involved
Are you being forced to by admins? Well the Head Admin approved it so no again, that's not an excuse

which leaves us with option 3: "I don't want to"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there is no reasonable justification for slow mode except for hatred of the posters

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

WorkerThread posted:

It angered people who are apparently bound by demonic contract to read it anyway.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

People were enjoying themselves too much and not saluting the mods and thanking them for their service every 2 seconds

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the mods gassed all my threads. i never hated them. i said thank you for your service.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Please explain, exactly, what the problem is with us having a thread instead of silently gassing any attempt to open discussion and then condescending to us for daring to ask anything of our betters

Is it breaking a rule?

Yes, rule # 10 of the rules of C-SPAM. That thread was warned about this repeatedly by multiple moderators over a series of many months.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

Yes, rule # 10 of the rules of C-SPAM. That thread was warned about this repeatedly by multiple moderators over a series of many months.

None of the posted threads seemed to be doing this before you gassed them though? So we're right back to "you're full of poo poo"

Nice to know that the reason the original closed is example #351 of you guys prioritizing the whining of other mods over your own users though

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

the mods gassed all my threads. i never hated them. i said thank you for your service.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

While that rule is loving stupid because literally no other forum has a rule like that and it's just to arbitrarily punish a single thread for daring to speak ill of their betters, none of the new threads broke it so even by those stupid standards the gassing was entirely unjustified

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yinlock do you engage in any political or organizing activity that isnt post-based, or do you just post relentlessly about how the mods are stopping you from posting the posts that will usher in an age of utopian communism

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

None of the posted threads seemed to be doing this before you gassed them though? So we're right back to "you're full of poo poo"

Nice to know that the reason the original closed is example #351 of you guys prioritizing the whining of other mods over your own users though

ok

step 1: we get a shitload of complaints about (and from within!) one particular thread all the time
step 2: we go in to talk to you about it
step 3: you yell about nazi mods
step 4: we probate people who are making wildly hosed up posts
step 5: you yell about nazi mods
step 6: repeat this for months
step 7: gas the thread because the frequency at which this happens has come to everyone's attention

i don't know which part you think is ridiculous here

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Squizzle posted:

yinlock do you engage in any political or organizing activity that isnt post-based, or do you just post relentlessly about how the mods are stopping you from posting the posts that will usher in an age of utopian communism

who cares dude. do you think this is a sick own? we just want to post

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i don't know how, as an adult, you do not understand the concept of "being loving annoying and toxic will eventually not be allowed" as opposed to violations of chapter 632 subsection C will result in a 6-12 hour probationary period in which...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

step 4: we probate people who are making wildly hosed up posts

in the succ zone you did this?

i ask because almost no one is ever actually probed in the succ zone as far as i can tell