Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Persona 5 Strikers is on PC and Switch (and PS4), despite the original and Royal being PlayStation only :psyduck:

p4a is on 360 and persona q is a 3ds exclusive

Rinkles posted:

some games it can help, MML might not need it (or it might even make it worse)

mml already has a version with it filtering by default on n64 and everyone agrees its the worse looking version for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A significant portion of my excitement for Persona 5 Strikers is just the soundtrack. It does a really good job of having its own style while also sounding like it fits into the general Persona 5 aesthetic (though I'm sure a good portion of that is because Lyn is on vocals and Lotus Juice is still writing the lyrics).

This is might be my favorite boss theme since Rivers in the Desert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdabXlguFpA

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone know why youtube videos aren't showing up properly for me on SA

weirdly they usually show up ok on the reply page where you scroll down and can see previous posts

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I played some Valheim last night and it’s pretty good! Was able to cobble together a little house and started bow hunting before ending my session. It seems fine single player but I think getting a group together would help speed up settlement creation, not to mention tackling the bosses/dungeons

Being able to divvie up tasks like chopping wood or hunting for leather would certainly speed up the early game, but most of my slow start was due to me getting a feel for things and figuring out how to build a house. I think I’m going to try to beat the first boss by clubbing it to death, wish me luck

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think he’s not seeing it yet cause it’s written into the plot this time as a thing Tiz can do so you have to wait until the cutscene where he uses his new force powers this time.

Anyway I liked Second’s writing more than Default cause I’m all about lovely puns and corny writing, and the Default asterisk side quest are especially idiotic. I also like the boring boss music better than He Of The Name so maybe I’m just weird.

edit: efb by an embarrassing amount

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone know why youtube videos aren't showing up properly for me on SA

weirdly they usually show up ok on the reply page where you scroll down and can see previous posts

Do they work in incognito mode or with all of your browser extensions off? What browser are you using?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all the strikers tracks to me sound like p5 without the heart, a lot more generic and predictable

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jay Rust posted:

What’s correct?

code:
Prompt
>OK<   Cancel
code:
Prompt
OK   >Cancel<
code:
Prompt
Cancel   >OK<
code:
Prompt
>Cancel<   OK

Someone already answered preferred starting selection correctly. I’d like to point out that (in English at least) OK is always on the left because this is the standard for dialog boxes that users are accustomed to. This may not be the case for languages that read right to left however, as the secondary preference would be to make the highlighted item the first item read.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

welp, I played for about 5 minutes and the option became available in an embarrassing cut-scene.

That's the whole game. If you're tired of it now then you may as well play something else.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
ahh the wonders of pc gaming. launch just cause 2, game immediately crashes. off to the steam forums I guess? could be a two minute fix, could be hours. i appreciate all the advantages of pc gaming, but this happens way too frequently for my liking.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

haveblue posted:

Surprised this isn't the title of the 2077 thread already

Comte posted like a minute after the tweet and everyone got depressed

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

anyone not bought this yet?

https://twitter.com/PirateChests/status/1359179210359717895?s=20

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry i haven't played the last 12 sentinels games yet

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Still can’t buy a PS5 or even a PS4 to play the copy I already bought!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

ahh the wonders of pc gaming. launch just cause 2, game immediately crashes. off to the steam forums I guess? could be a two minute fix, could be hours. i appreciate all the advantages of pc gaming, but this happens way too frequently for my liking.
It all has its upsides and downsides. On the upshot, I am currently playing World of Xeen, a game that was released twenty-eight years ago, on my modern Windows 10 computer without issues. Couldn't do that so easily with a console, and PS2 wasn't nearly long ago yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Do they work in incognito mode or with all of your browser extensions off? What browser are you using?

I tried turning off some extensions and I guess it was a chrome extension that I used to block annoying things on YouTube idk why it was affecting SA though oh well

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The beauty of PC gaming is that you pull some macguyver poo poo to get that thing up and running instead of just... laying down and dying if a console game doesn't work I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cardiovorax posted:

It all has its upsides and downsides. On the upshot, I am currently playing World of Xeen, a game that was released twenty-eight years ago, on my modern Windows 10 computer without issues. Couldn't do that so easily with a console, and PS2 wasn't nearly long ago yet.

Yeah and i can't play my PS3 copy of JC2 on my PS4, and I can't play JC4 at more than 30fps on my PS5. There's not much of a comparison, it's just that issues arise fairly often.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Y'all!!! Just scored a gigabyte 3080!!! like a month+ on this dang stock alert discord, accidentally got a 5600x a couple weeks ago but now actually got the Big Treasure. Possibly this weekend i could build a new machine and be playing Cysis on medium settings 50fps EZ

Sam Faust posted:

I like in mario maker when you select something the noise matches the background music.

Oh man i did love that aspect. Would love a PC Mario Maker 2. Must not think about mario maker 2 or how i was only one or two good levels from being top 50 level boys at one point

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

Yeah and i can't play my PS3 copy of JC2 on my PS4, and I can't play JC4 at more than 30fps on my PS5. There's not much of a comparison, it's just that issues arise fairly often.
True. The biggest advantage of PCs as a system is their insane flexibility. By the same merit, that's also their biggest disadvantage, because you never quite know when something that works for everyone else just won't work for you. Just trying to demonstrate that it's not all negatives. :)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like to rebuild my PC but it seems near impossible at the moment. The Series X will have to do for the time being, at least Nier and Resident Evill is coming this year to it. Really want to play Nioh 2 though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Through Christ, all things are possible, including spending a month feverishly clicking every discord alert for a goddamn overpriced beautiful bastard GPU to build your new Phylactery

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Infinitum posted:

CD Projekt Red got hacked, and everything got stolen.
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660

The replies are full of people scolding anyone who thinks this objectively funny thing is funny and sending their heartfelt best wishes to a soulless company that mistreats its employees and customers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my thoughts and prayers are with the abstract legal entity

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

probably bcos the hr and admin stuff getting dumped isnt going to own the company, but the employees, who will now get ultra doxxed

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s bad when devs personal information gets tossed to the wolves of the internet imo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
clocking in to do my accounts payable batches while the internet gamers froth at the mouth that they get to doxx me, so funny

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lurdiak posted:

The replies are full of people scolding anyone who thinks this objectively funny thing is funny and sending their heartfelt best wishes to a soulless company that mistreats its employees and customers.

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about the board of directors. It's the other 1000+ employees who will likely be hosed by this.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I want to say that I can't imagine that anyone would go through that list of a thousand names to harrass all of them, but knowing the internet...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Persona 5 Strikers, I wonder how bad the performance will be on Nintendo Switch?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

stev posted:

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about the board of directors. It's the other 1000+ employees who will likely be hosed by this.

I don't really see how this affects them beyond the obvious hassle of needing to change all their security stuff and passwords. Even if someone uses this information to drain each of their bank accounts (highly unlikely) it would be pretty trivial to prove it was a security breach at their place of employment. This is like a minor inconvenience at best.

I mean if disgruntled gamers decide to call the character modeler and call him racial slurs for not putting in enough penis options I'll eat my words but.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I played some Valheim last night and it’s pretty good! Was able to cobble together a little house and started bow hunting before ending my session. It seems fine single player but I think getting a group together would help speed up settlement creation, not to mention tackling the bosses/dungeons

Being able to divvie up tasks like chopping wood or hunting for leather would certainly speed up the early game, but most of my slow start was due to me getting a feel for things and figuring out how to build a house. I think I’m going to try to beat the first boss by clubbing it to death, wish me luck

good luck friend, i actually really like the slower pace of the game, i dont feel rushed to do anything and can discover stuff at my own pace. and boy is there a lot to discover!

i'm at like 27 hours and there is still tons of stuff i can do, i don't know if all 5 of the bosses are in yet since it is early access but i've got access to Iron now and can start a whole new set of projects.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

For Persona 5 Strikers, I wonder how bad the performance will be on Nintendo Switch?

The game's been out in Japan for a year, so there are already comparison videos out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNRhm2XBZU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Even if someone uses this information to drain each of their bank accounts (highly unlikely) it would be pretty trivial to prove it was a security breach at their place of employment. This is like a minor inconvenience at best.

I do not consider having my bank account drained by an identity thief to be a "minor inconvenience" and even if it was, it's still not something overworked underpaid employees should have to deal with for the sake of some internet trolls having their fun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

I do not consider having my bank account drained by an identity thief to be a "minor inconvenience" and even if it was, it's still not something overworked underpaid employees should have to deal with for the sake of some internet trolls having their fun.

Well if that completely hypothetical scenario happens that would be bad. It hasn't, though. So far, assuming this hack is even real, no one has been hurt whatsoever. I don't really understand the point of wringing one's hands over the damage that might be done to the little guy, hypothetically, as a result of someone pulling down a corporation's pants.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like I can say with pretty complete certainty that if my employer was hacked and all of my personal data was available I would consider that to be Very Bad and extremely worrying whether or not anyone did anything with it yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harrow posted:

I feel like I can say with pretty complete certainty that if my employer was hacked and all of my personal data was available I would consider that to be Very Bad and extremely worrying whether or not anyone did anything with it yet.

I guess that's fair, I would be very angry at my employer if that happened.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

afaik the hack is very real. i just thought the txt doc felt inauthentic reading it initially. but then you remember that the average person is not creative

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I guess that's fair, I would be very angry at my employer if that happened.
I would be a lot more angry at the person doing the hacking, considering they're the ones who are committing the crime. The people fellating CDPR over this are bad, but being all "lol it's fine to do this so long as it hits someone I dislike" isn't any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pulling down the corporations pants wouldve stopped at grabbing all the source code, dumping investor relations and maybe legal too. pretty clear what kind of people are behind it if one of the things they apparently wanted to get was every employees personal info.