Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The Duval story still gets me. How his life's ambition of being a common thug was tragically ruined by looking like the poorly drawn wanted poster of a world government threat. This fuckin manga I swear

I still loved how he actually came back, however briefly, even to during the timeskip. I swear, guys, Gin will return one day. You can't count anyone out in this series!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RatHat posted:

I知 honestly expecting one of the Blackbeard pirates to have Foxy痴 DF and it値l be terrifying in the hands of somebody competent.

van augur

the ending of the fight is usopp not only knowing where the noro beam is coming from, but how to redirect it and where, hitting van augur from an island away.

my fanfiction is very good thank u.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Major spoilers for 1003:

lol that owns

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RatHat posted:

I知 honestly expecting one of the Blackbeard pirates to have Foxy痴 DF and it値l be terrifying in the hands of somebody competent.

this would break my heart

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RatHat posted:

This happens, it's terrifying, until Luffy finds a mirror and ends the fight frame-for-frame exactly the same way as the last fight.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only spoiler that matters: break next week :(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Poll results so far

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Carrot beating seven of the strawhats. Ha ha ha ha.

Doesn't look like actual poll results though just someone datascraping some metric they're assuming is correlative.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 9, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

Poll results so far

I知 honestly surprised that Sanji is beating Nami. Also I知 down with Carrot beating Nami as well

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This poll's result for chopper is incredibly low compared to all of the jump polls: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Popularity_Polls and it looks a little unusual in general. I guess this is worldwide and jump isn't so there will be some differences.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

No Wave posted:

This poll's result for chopper is incredibly low compared to all of the jump polls: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Popularity_Polls and it looks a little unusual in general. I guess this is worldwide and jump isn't so there will be some differences.

yeah its going off the trending page so if chopper consistently hits 4th place but never makes top 3, whereas a character sporadically makes top 3 but is like 52nd place occasionally, the second character would be doing better in this interpretation fo the ranking

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Luffy always seems to do really well on these polls. I feel like the main character is usually high but my gut (and no research) makes me think consistently hitting the no 1 spot is a real anomaly among WSJ titles.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Heck I guess we'll just have to let both Carrot and Yamato join the crew

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Luffy always seems to do really well on these polls. I feel like the main character is usually high but my gut (and no research) makes me think consistently hitting the no 1 spot is a real anomaly among WSJ titles.

I was about to say Dragonball but nope

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Vista?? In the top 25????

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Heck I guess we'll just have to let both Carrot and Yamato join the crew

I would unironically be okay with this outcome.

Yamato in the short time he痴 been on screen feels like a perfect match for the crew.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fawf posted:

Remember when Mihawk said something about how he doesn't remember the names of swordsmen he's squashed in the New World because they're beneath him?

Then Vista shows up and clashes swords with him, and Mihawk goes "Flower Sword Vista? Any swordsman worth their salt would know your name!"

Also, rose petals come out of his sword when he fights and it's super cute.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vista rules, top tier aesthetics

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I can't believe Sanji somehow made it to 4th place. Pre-Fishman Island, sure makes sense. But everything since then should have torpedoed him. Then again Hancock is somehow still up there despite not appearing for forever an never justifying the level of hype I see for her. Mero Mero or not, the horny levels for her on the internet have never been justified for just being a longer legged Nami with a mildly amusing joke terrible personality.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanji is directly behind zoro in I think every jump popularity poll. The gap between them on this one is much bigger than usual. It's bound to happen in a series where things always end up being resolved through fights and three of the characters are the team's good fighters.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I mostly surprised Law fell as low as 8th. His character type is usually locked into 1st or 2nd.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kaido isn稚 even top 50?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Poll results so far

One piece fans are too drat horny

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I agree. Everybody wants a piece of Usopp.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Frankly being behind Pedro, oof

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
7 dead characters on the list and they're in near the exact wrong order. Also why the gently caress is Monet even on the list? There's way better horni options to up vote instead if that's what you gotta do.

The more I look at this list the worse it looks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Remember when Mihawk said something about how he doesn't remember the names of swordsmen he's squashed in the New World because they're beneath him?

Then Vista shows up and clashes swords with him, and Mihawk goes "Flower Sword Vista? Any swordsman worth their salt would know your name!"

Also, rose petals come out of his sword when he fights and it's super cute.

I don't remember any of this so it's neat to learn

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Why does Sabo rank at all

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cisneros posted:

He has a big hat.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

cisneros posted:

People were bummed when Ace died, so Oda drove them to the pound and got them a new Ace.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Gyges posted:

Also why the gently caress is Monet even on the list? There's way better horni options to up vote instead if that's what you gotta do.
Monster girls

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sindai posted:

Monster girls

Don't see Hancock's sisters, Madam Shirley, Caimie, or any of the other mermaids on the list.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Poll results so far

The absence of Franky in that list is a crime

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Angry Lobster posted:

The absence of Franky in that list is a crime

Amen, brother! I had him as number 1 when I did the poll.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Poll results so far

big mom but no kaido?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

People were bummed when Ace died, so Oda drove them to the pound and got them a new Ace.

Lol

I'll take Usopp on the top ten

Hancock being high on these while never showing up is always funny

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fawf posted:

look at this beautiful boy

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I legit had to look up Vista to remember who he was lmao

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I legit had to look up Vista to remember who he was lmao

You are not a swordsman worth remembering then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
cavendish was a way cooler sword character than whoever vista was. the jekyll/hyde thing will always be interesting to me even if its overused sometimes