Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
So what's the deal with the big difference between Aphria and Tilray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

hattersmad posted:

I have made this stupid mistake twice now and gotten in at horrible prices. Boo.
the good news is you only need to make the mistake one more time before you learn your lesson! :downs:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I bought TLRY at 27, watched it get up above 67 this AM and sold it when it dropped below 50.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

iSurrender posted:

So what's the deal with the big difference between Aphria and Tilray?

My entirely uninformed thoughts are that APHA represents a slightly longer-term vision. TLRY spiked due to some meme short-interest talk in addition to the good news, and since the merger is a ways away APHA will only equal TLRY (proportionally) after the spike has passed.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
If you’re afraid you’re going to miss the boat then you already have.

At least, that’s what I’m gonna start telling myself when I see massive jumps.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

UnfurledSails posted:

Personally the answer to this question was ARKF

This is what I did too

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

CLVR really does have the possibility to dominate the market. I'm not saying it because I heard someone else say it and I wanna pump it - they produce pharmaceutical grade cannabis at 1/10th the price of the Canadians simply by virtue of growing their weed in Columbia instead of Canada. It's up 33% today.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Surprisingly Dope posted:

TLRY will go up later. TLRY will go up later. I was smart to buy in at 65 dollars a share at open.

Only needs to go up 10 more dollars. We got this!

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

AHH F/UGH posted:

CLVR really does have the possibility to dominate the market. I'm not saying it because I heard someone else say it and I wanna pump it - they produce pharmaceutical grade cannabis at 1/10th the price of the Canadians simply by virtue of growing their weed in Columbia instead of Canada. It's up 33% today.

My main question regarding long term longetivity of weed stocks is the regulatory environment. Like a lot of states are intending to keep things local, help black people who have been impacted by the drug war get into the business etc. But I havent done a review of what all the different state proposals are, and who knows what a federal one would be like.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

iSurrender posted:

It's almost like web development takes actual work, and people who know what they're doing, but most importantly an idea of what you want to accomplish.

Agreed, but they are not even failing at it; they aren't even trying. If Robinhood can do it then so can they.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/NUhN31w.mp4

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there any difference to the tax man if I do 1000 small trades vs. one or two big ones? Or is the end result all that matters?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Surprisingly Dope posted:

TLRY will go up later. TLRY will go up later. I was smart to buy in at 65 dollars a share at open.

60’s gang :respek:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there any difference to the tax man if I do 1000 small trades vs. one or two big ones? Or is the end result all that matters?

End result matters, but the tax can change depending on whether you held the stock or option for more than a year or not

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UnfurledSails posted:

Agreed, but they are not even failing at it; they aren't even trying. If Robinhood can do it then so can they.

It's questionable whether robinhood was ever profitable even when they made most of their money from letting market makers frontrun their customers. The other brokerages may not want those low balance accounts.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What's everyone doing with CCIV? Feel like weed stonks need to be my new best friend. Still way up with CCIV but everyday it bleeds a bit more but seems to have a solid floor around $30

Also what is this roblox stock ?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Man CRSR is taking a beating today.

Apparently it's because:

*checks notes*

It's surpassing all expectations with virtually all analysts but Goldman Sachs upping it's price target.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

It's questionable whether robinhood was ever profitable even when they made most of their money from letting market makers frontrun their customers. The other brokerages may not want those low balance accounts.

I wasn't really thinking about copying the business model (like I guess WeBull did) as much as just having a similarly noob-friendly UI. Think Facebook trying to copy Snapchat. It's a bigger company with more resources outright stealing the unique selling point of a smaller one. It's just surprising that it hasn't been attempted.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Just a reminder that eTrade updated their app last week and it's way more visually appealing and feels much more like a modern product.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Man CRSR is taking a beating today.

Apparently it's because:

*checks notes*

It's surpassing all expectations with virtually all analysts but Goldman Sachs upping it's price target.

I CRSR for the longterm. Might buy a little bit more.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

what's the deal with TLRY compared to other weed stonks? is it being shorted or something?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I set a sell limit for AMC at 6.24, representing a massive 1 cent per share profit.

It bounced off 6.23 and went back down.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

mongeese posted:

I CRSR for the longterm. Might buy a little bit more.

PC Gaming is only getting bigger and things will explode once the 3080 is actually in stock and next gen games start rolling in.

Cosair is a top brand and I have faith in them branching out.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I only have AMC left at this point and looking at the price today has been amusing. Is there anything to the massive jumps up and down other than memes?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jesus Christ is it just me or is the market getting murdered today outside of weed and airlines?

Almost everything is down.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jesus Christ is it just me or is the market getting murdered today outside of weed and airlines?

Twitter and Nvidia? lmao

And apparently Estee Lauder

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

AMC +11%, GME +6%. It's the "escape to value-memes" effect.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hmmm...normie stuff down a bit, but Robinhood gambling account is in the green! Looks like PACB at +20% and the ZOM rocket are saving my degenerate gambling account.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Burn Zone posted:

what's the deal with TLRY compared to other weed stonks? is it being shorted or something?

It had a gamma squeeze. I don't know what that is, and I won't listen if someone tries to tell me, but that's what I heard a few pages back.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gamma squeeze my balls

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Shear Modulus posted:

gamma squeeze my calls

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

PC Gaming is only getting bigger and things will explode once the 3080 is actually in stock and next gen games start rolling in.

Cosair is a top brand and I have faith in them branching out.

I think their streaming stuff will continue to be big, too.

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

cr0y posted:

Just a reminder that eTrade updated their app last week and it's way more visually appealing and feels much more like a modern product.

The eTrade app hasn't updated since June 2020 on Android.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

AMC and Gamestop surviving well, today, too. Hilarious.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Shear Modulus posted:

gramma squeeze my balls

gross

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BLDP is down 10% for those wanting a deal.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Guys I don't want to alarm anyone but 90s kids are investing in stocks right now. Your best bets are weed, video games, and movies.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Elysium posted:

I set a sell limit for AMC at 6.24, representing a massive 1 cent per share profit.

It bounced off 6.23 and went back down.

Congrats!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Grem posted:

Guys I don't want to alarm anyone but 90s kids are investing in stocks right now. Your best bets are weed, video games, and movies.
you forgot about e-cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Lol glad to be out.

Now everyone else get in because clearly now it's gonna moon.

Ima buy like half a share of Amazon and call it a day for the next 10 years or so.