Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Good look for Disney to not say poo poo about her being a transphobe while they still had episodes featuring her that they wanted people to sub to watch and only doing poo poo when she's both moved beyond that and not part of a show they want people watching rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I hope Gina gets put on those angry anti-sjw podcasts that last 11 hours and she just dies of boredom

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Good though, mandalorian needs fewer characters and a different monster every week and maybe a two parter at most

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i used to watch are you being served on pbs as a kid at my grandparents house with no cable and i only just now realized the entire joke of that show was they constantly spoke in double entendres

i thought it was funny because all the characters delivered their lines in a ridiculous exaggerated way and im wondering how much of that was just their having british accents

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

70 years of TV history proves that people want to watch the same poo poo over and over and over again

Put that manduhlorian in the new town and have a bad guy be like a cyber railroad barron who wants to bulldoze the local alien orphanage

A crux of the spaghetti western is the tension between the coming of civilization to the frontier and the loss of freedom and moral clarity that entails

Mandolorkpian can turn that on its head since the Empire is receeding and a mandrolotrian shaped hole is left behind

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Seven Samurai

except they're tier one operator Navy SEALS

and they're protecting suburbia

directed by Michael Bay

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

70 years of TV history proves that people want to watch the same poo poo over and over and over again

Put that manduhlorian in the new town and have a bad guy be like a cyber railroad barron who wants to bulldoze the local alien orphanage

A crux of the spaghetti western is the tension between the coming of civilization to the frontier and the loss of freedom and moral clarity that entails

Mandolorkpian can turn that on its head since the Empire is receeding and a mandrolotrian shaped hole is left behind

no sorry nobody will know about the 10 other disney star wars shows unless half of the episodes are stealth pilots

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Some Guy TT posted:

i used to watch are you being served on pbs as a kid at my grandparents house with no cable and i only just now realized the entire joke of that show was they constantly spoke in double entendres

i thought it was funny because all the characters delivered their lines in a ridiculous exaggerated way and im wondering how much of that was just their having british accents

A Brit comedian once quipped that originally the entrendres were a subtext, now they're a supertext. As in, when they say "pussy", you suspect it might mean "cat".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

new adam curtis doc is out

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

new adam curtis doc is out

can it be seen anywhere other than bbc's iplayer?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Doctor Jeep posted:

:yarr:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

theres lots of mirrors on youtube. if youre worried about them getting struck you can ytdl (which you should do with anything you care about on yt anyway because it all inevitably gets dmca'd/deleted/region restricted even if its just a funny animal vid)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Seven Samurai

except they're tier one operator Navy SEALS

and they're protecting suburbia

directed by Michael Bay

seven samurai is my favorite movie and you have made me terribly sad.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Doctor Jeep posted:

There are international links up to all six parts in /r/AdamCurtis discord, and this channel is uploading each episode to yt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMyctuzjrlI

... hype train for sure, but it is so goddamn good and smart

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I love videogames where I get to take part in one of the greatest war crimes America has committed in my lifetime

War Crime Simulator

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I'm on episode 2 and in episode 1 curtis is like "lol JFK conspiracy isn't real dummies"

wish we could hear his real opinion not on BBC tho

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

KaptainKrunk posted:

I'm on episode 2 and in episode 1 curtis is like "lol JFK conspiracy isn't real dummies"

wish we could hear his real opinion not on BBC tho

his tie-ins with the discordianism guy with the mind phuck project eventually leading to paranoid paralysis in episode 3 circles back

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Doctor Jeep posted:

ill pm you an infohash when i find one if you want. probably not til tomorrow tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

ill pm you an infohash when i find one if you want. probably not til tomorrow tho

it's fine i got a couple of pms with sources

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

yes

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Doctor Jeep posted:

it's fine i got a couple of pms with sources

word

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Unless posted:

his tie-ins with the discordianism guy with the mind phuck project eventually leading to paranoid paralysis in episode 3 circles back

okay good cuz lol if curtis actually believes that

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

KaptainKrunk posted:

okay good cuz lol if curtis actually believes that

posted links to all the episodes in the pics thread

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

who knew woman were from Mars after all :dance:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:hmmyes:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/TylerDinucci/status/1360029562873155585

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lmao that this will turn into 'Well it's actually sexist that they fired her and suddenly I care about harassment of Star Wars cast members.'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Mario__Bones/status/1360064505619746817

loving incredible

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I am still mad at bioshock infinite for that poo poo

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

okay on episode 4 of new curtis documentary and he is finally taking libs to task after succing on and off for the first few episodes

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I am still mad at bioshock infinite for that poo poo

but they killed people and nearly killed a innocent kid in front of booker. they are just as bad as the sky klux klan! /s

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
and by that point of the game you’ve already found out that all the auto turrets and automatons that you’ve been destroying are powered by the hearts and brains of black people the Founders abducted

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just watch one of the original gameplay previews from the first E3 bioshock infinite was demoed. Completely different game than what was released.
https://youtu.be/Bbf2L62I6g8

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

KaptainKrunk posted:

okay on episode 4 of new curtis documentary and he is finally taking libs to task after succing on and off for the first few episodes

I mean he had a whole series going in on libs for backing the financial sector that utilizes the height of computational progress to hand-wave economic growth despite decades of hollowing out the middle class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

KaptainKrunk posted:

Given how broad in scope his documentaries are, oversimplifying some events is probably unavoidable. Seems like he was playing a long game here by setting up various liberal idealist solutions to crises throughout the 20th century only to knock them down later in the series. Most of his documentaries I've seen have that Mark Fisher capitalist realism quality where the core message is that nobody has a compelling vision of the future. What I like most about Curtis are his montages. He gets up there with Kubrick in trying to convey the totality of national and global systems of control in a visual medium.