Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Urban Meyer forever and always The Worst

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1359910237919207425?s=19

e: this is about doyle, no idea who the other guy is

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

huh that chris doyle guy seems like a reliable s&c guy, can’t imagine why iowa would’ve fired him or why he’d be available without anyone having picked him up or why he fits in with a urban’s specific pattern of hiring

who can say

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He stole our TE coach so I just assumed that Urban is going to systematically weaken all non Ohio State teams

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

He stole our TE coach so I just assumed that Urban is going to systematically weaken all non Ohio State teams

Doyle got fired by Iowa last year after a bunch of players came forward with stories of him making racist comments and generally treating black players like poo poo

thankfully no players said this about any of the other coaches certainly not one who is related to the head coach

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Urban after realizing that highly paid veteran players won't be motivated the same way college players are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIEepu8Z4w

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Ah yes. Can’t wait to see this game when I’m in my late 40s and both programs will be completely different.

NCAA scheduling is so loving stupid.

Don't worry, neither of those games have any chance in the world of actually happening.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

soggybagel posted:

Urban after realizing that highly paid veteran players won't be motivated the same way college players are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIEepu8Z4w

So Sabes in the NFL all over again eh?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1359951689156096002

see? all good

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm sure the players involved in the movement are going to totally buy into that guy's program

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I like the one dude who bags on Aggie for losing to UCLA, but forgot Texas lost to Kansas

Also Maryland, I think, twice?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

No one even asked if he checked before getting mad. SMH

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao Doyle resigned

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lmao Doyle resigned

urban found out people weren’t cool with it after all

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Urban thought he could reputation his way into hiring a scumbag but forgot he’s living in an adult world now with conglomerate sponsors that care about poo poo like image instead of boosters who just want wins and lust for CTE collisions

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lmao Doyle resigned

Already? Lol. Starting off with a bang.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

KKKLIP ART posted:

Already? Lol. Starting off with a bang.

Let's hope this is the beginning of an NFL run for Urban so humiliating and filled with monumental failure no one even mentions Saban's run with the Dolphins ever again.

I want to see the slimy motherfucker eating cold pizza off a golf cart every game from here on out.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Demetris Robertson, rising 9-year senior, charged with removing a boot from his car. UGA offseason in full swing, baby.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Demetris Robertson, rising 9-year senior, charged with removing a boot from his car. UGA offseason in full swing, baby.

I mean I hate to say that he wasn’t a big part of the offense but he kinda wasn’t. He was all set to have a killer career at Cal and got hurt and couldn’t really put it together in a meaningful way at UGA. But removing and keeping a parking boot is a felony in Georgia so that is a fun twist!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kirby brought him in for '18, the NCAA let him play, and I don't think he caught a single pass. (Just looked, I'm right.) Just end-arounds and stuff.

2018 UGA was one of the best offenses in school history despite being very very very weird in its personnel decisions.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I mean I hate to say that he wasn’t a big part of the offense but he kinda wasn’t. He was all set to have a killer career at Cal and got hurt and couldn’t really put it together in a meaningful way at UGA. But removing and keeping a parking boot is a felony in Georgia so that is a fun twist!

the fact that georgia has a felony law to protect the scummiest companies on earth is really saying something

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I kinda wanted Doyle to stay so all the players could poo poo on his attempt at authority.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

the fact that georgia has a felony law to protect the scummiest companies on earth is really saying something

Yeah I mean you’re not wrong.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there's fcs football going on somewhere

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1360751741482897409

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Meyer's hiring our director of personnel to replace Doyle, I guess. Poor Beamer just cannot hang on to dudes for some reason (although this guy was a Muschamp holdover). I, for one, would love to know why everyone's so eager to raid a 2-8 coaching staff.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

Meyer's hiring our director of personnel to replace Doyle, I guess. Poor Beamer just cannot hang on to dudes for some reason (although this guy was a Muschamp holdover). I, for one, would love to know why everyone's so eager to raid a 2-8 coaching staff.

SCAR's coaching staff getting stripped seems very inertia-of-the-old-boy-network. "Hey, Mike Bobo, I've heard of that guy! Might as well hire him."

Shoot the Beamer hire itself is kinda like that

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

That, and also hiring a guy who was on the sidelines during your program's most recent peak, e.g. USC, Michigan, Nebraska

It's gonna be funny watching Alabama keep cycling through former Saban assistants after Saban's retirement with the exception of Billy Napier, who is just waiting for the right opportunity in his 12th year as coach of Louisiana-Lafayette

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Malzahn said to be the frontrunner at UCF, like that a lot for both sides.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's a good fit and a good hire but gus why don't you just golf for the rest of your life

maybe wear a pullover without a university logo on it for awhile

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

it's a good fit and a good hire but gus why don't you just golf for the rest of your life

He will outperform Heupel

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

SCAR's coaching staff getting stripped seems very inertia-of-the-old-boy-network. "Hey, Mike Bobo, I've heard of that guy! Might as well hire him."

Yeah, that is all there is to it. Just straight nepotism. It is drat near impossible to be so bad you can't get some sort of coaching job somewhere, even if you burn out spectacularly. It is wild, but it is just the way it's always been.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah, that is all there is to it. Just straight nepotism. It is drat near impossible to be so bad you can't get some sort of coaching job somewhere, even if you burn out spectacularly. It is wild, but it is just the way it's always been.

The myth of meritocracy conspicuously blown to pieces every year in the coaching carousel, yet this country clings to it like a floating door.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

otoh yeah i hope gus wins a championship at ucf, i think that’d be the funniest outcome

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

SZD was saying how UCF is the job any rising coach would kill for, only to hire Gus

Not that Gus is bad, but hiring a retread is funny

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1361315778570690563

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Think if I were UCF I'd rather get a younger guy with more recruiting upside rather than someone who someone who might be burned out from his last job but Gus is a good coach.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

Gotta imagine the stress at UCF is less than it is/was at Auburn. Maybe he's just one of those guys that goes nuts if he's not working. He still gets the buyout (minus whatever UCF pays him) so why not.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

He still gets the buyout (minus whatever UCF pays him) so why not.
IDK if it's right but I remember hearing someone say his buyout actually isn't offset by any new jobs so he's getting all of it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

IDK if it's right but I remember hearing someone say his buyout actually isn't offset by any new jobs so he's getting all of it

If that's right then even more reason to take another job. Get that money.

As a Tennessee fan I'm intimately familiar with buyouts so I thought the offset language was standard.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Outside of that wild November '17 heater Gus had seemed burned out at Auburn for a looooooong time. Nothing particularly new or interesting when we'd play those guys. (Dare you to watch the 2019 UGA/Auburn game, might as well have been played in 1997.)

I think you divorce him from Auburn boosters and let him dial up fun stuff again and he'll do really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Just lol at UCF making a better hire than Tennessee. Leagues better.