Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo ys 9 DOES have time attack ng+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Dewgy posted:

I’m tempted to do this for the final rank of the expedition mode. Like, I could do it legit, sure, but so far it isn’t fun to try, and I’ve gotten through everything else in the game so far.

Seriously, just do it. One you let go of pointless pride you can have fun again. I used to do everything on the hardest mode until I realized that it was just frustrating and a pretty lovely time for a big majority of games.

Something like Guacamelee is an exception since bullet sponge events are fun as hell in that game since you can play with so many different combos. I thought the same would be true for GoW, but after getting trounced by the tutorial enemies a couple times I'm switching to an easier difficulty until I unlock a lot more abilities, and I'll probably also move away from hard on spider man because the combat is honestly pretty boring and one-note at the beginning

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lethal mode in ghost of tsushima improves the combat 1000%

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for easy mode on everything, just that you should switch when a game stops being fun. Playing something like thief or hitman for potentially multiple hours per level with no minimap is 100% my jam.

Speaking of minimaps, I'm say turn them of whenever possible (especially if there's a full sized map a single button away) and you'll enjoy the games so much more. Turning that off in ffxiv made the locations so much more real, it's awesome to be able to recognize areas at a glance and get a real feel for the world instead of having tunnel vision to the giant GO HERE arrows

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for easy mode on everything, just that you should switch when a game stops being fun. Playing something like thief or hitman for potentially multiple hours per level with no minimap is 100% my jam.

Speaking of minimaps, I'm say turn them of whenever possible (especially if there's a full sized map a single button away) and you'll enjoy the games so much more. Turning that off in ffxiv made the locations so much more real, it's awesome to be able to recognize areas at a glance and get a real feel for the world instead of having tunnel vision to the giant GO HERE arrows

I still have very fond memories of being in highschool playing Morrowind on my Xbox and trying to figure out where to go for quests.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Picked up days gone again after quitting last year...still too early for any part of the game to feel fun tho. Its like deacon starts in a huge hole and has to spend a lot of stat points to get fun vs starting fun and getting better but iana game dev so maybe im dumb but they probably could have made the game shorter and started with a lot of stuff unlocked

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

lethal mode in ghost of tsushima improves the combat 1000%

I'm fairly late into my first play and decided to bump it up to Hard today. I figure I'll save Lethal for NG+. I think the difficulty jump is noticeable but not crazy. It's a good bump from the Unstoppable Killing Machine level I've hit.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The DualSense charger doesn't actually exist, does it? :v:

I still can't find it...even during the drop at PS Direct, Best Buy doesn't have it anywhere near me...this is insane.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ThermoPhysical posted:

I still can't find it...even during the drop at PS Direct, Best Buy doesn't have it anywhere near me...this is insane.

I just got one on Amazon and it looks great and works great

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ShaneB posted:

I just got one on Amazon and it looks great and works great

I just checked.. was it a third party seller?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

So what features are we looking forward to most in the PS6?

45 FPS bloodborne

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm in the UK, impossible to find here too. Ended up buying one off a dodgy scalper, had to meet him in town and he said 'I'm the guy with 3 dogs near the post office'. Charging station is great though.

Playing through Ys IX, enjoying it so far but what's up with the camera? If you run over a slight change in elevation, the camera seems to jerk upward, it's very annoying. And trying to point the camera up (which is quite common considering the amount of verticality in this game) often makes it flail around. Maybe I'm overly sensitive to it. Fun game though!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i've finally had a chance to play some more control and am i missing something or does spin totally suck? if anything is close shatter seems way better and if anything is outside of shatters range i would rather have grip. am i missing something, is there some enemy type coming where i want spin. whats the deal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

so i've finally had a chance to play some more control and am i missing something or does spin totally suck? if anything is close shatter seems way better and if anything is outside of shatters range i would rather have grip. am i missing something, is there some enemy type coming where i want spin. whats the deal

spin is a complete dud, yes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm drowning in PS5s and yet I can't find a single media remote.

This is bullshit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I just checked.. was it a third party seller?

I just got mine from Amazon direct too.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Best Buy JUST had some...then didn't almost immediately.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Spin and Charge are the two that I never used whatsoever. I stopped using Grip once I got the mod that reduces Shatter's spread to nothing, and I rotate between Surge and Pierce as needed.

if there's another gun besides those ones, then it shows you how much I used it. the real main weapon is multi-launch.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

rabidsquid posted:

Pierce and shatter were the only two I used for most of the game, but yeah spin is weird, I don’t like it but some people do.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont have the skill points for multi launch but i have all of the other abilities in there, although i dont seem to have launched an enemy yet. that's why i like shatter so much, it pairs really well with launch. out of energy? well just knock the enemies on their asses until you get more. or they'll just be dead from getting shot in the face. one or the other.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just like playing Control.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Grip, Shatter, and Launch is the way. I know it's basic, but it feels so good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One thing I think about when I remember my time playing Control is how long it took me to realize that the shield was actually effective. The way that it’s graphics looked to me, it seems like it couldn’t be activated fast enough to stop anything and that it wasn’t actually stopping all the shots, but it does both of those things.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I could swear that I've been hit from the front more than once while using the shield.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I was Pierce and Spin all the way.

I love how there's no right way and everyone like a different pair of weapons and claims its the best.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I like spin cause it makes my controller go bbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbbr

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I was Pierce and Spin all the way.

I love how there's no right way and everyone like a different pair of weapons and claims its the best.

lol I did this same setup and put all my points into Launch and Energy as soon as I can.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imhotep posted:

But also the guy who never beat Sekiro, interesting .... 🤔

:drat:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

taking bets on which CONTROL spicy coil whine will kill my PS5 first:

a) the rather audible high pitched rapid buzz from 60fps mode

b) the slightly less audible and slower but chunkier grinding noise of RTX mode

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Grip, Shatter, and Launch is the way. I know it's basic, but it feels so good.

Tbh on this run I came to the conclusion that shatter kinda sucks. Spin seems superior in every way imo. Shatter is powerful but it just makes the aiming feel clunky to me. You can just carelessly run around and melt close range dudes with spin.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pierce and Shatter are the two best weapons in the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Pierce and Shatter are the two best weapons in the game.
Guns are just for when you’re temporarily out of chair throwing energy though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had shatter equipped the whole time the first time I played it and think it's notably more fun playing with spin for close range instead this time and also easier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

taking bets on which CONTROL spicy coil whine will kill my PS5 first:

a) the rather audible high pitched rapid buzz from 60fps mode

b) the slightly less audible and slower but chunkier grinding noise of RTX mode

For what it's worth, I've got it running in ray-traced graphics mode and have no noise coming from my PS5.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My PS5 is inside of a cabinet, horizontal, and is nice and cool and quiet as a mouse. Take that as you will vertical air tunnel people.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I always play with headphones on so when my PS5 dies it will be a surprise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mine just doesn't turn on once in a while and I have to hit the button like 5 times and then it does fwiw. PS5 is not the poster boy for QC, like half of the controllers don't work after a month lol.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Mine just doesn't turn on once in a while and I have to hit the button like 5 times and then it does fwiw. PS5 is not the poster boy for QC, like half of the controllers don't work after a month lol.

I'd be curious to see how much of a rush job it was to get even the existing batch manufactured and released to hit that November launch date given COVID logistics.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd be curious to see how much of a rush job it was to get even the existing batch manufactured and released to hit that November launch date given COVID logistics.
Hell of one, I imagine. Going by Sony statements, they're currently so swamped they literally can't buy enough parts to make more because there just aren't any available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Pierce and Spin are my go to pair in Control. Pierce just does everything Shatter does but better once you have Multi-Launch unlocked. Pierce does only have two shots but it absolutely eviscerates everything at any range and reloads by the time you've launched stuff.

Spin because it's very strong at clearing out unshielded enemies. It's get the most insane damage mods as well (eg +%130 damage on headshots, +%100 damage on kills) and with all that tacked on it becomes very powerful. And again range is no issue for it.