Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

XboxPants posted:

...goddammit I just wish Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes got longer runs, those were both loving fantastic. Best Tombstone ever. Were those two shows supposed to be connected?

It's a little unclear, the Spidey who appeared in EMH was originally voiced by Josh Keaton but had his lines done over by Drake Bell. There were a number of references that implied it was connected to Wolverine and the X-Men, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Gat drat, I'd buy a print of that. Really love it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The original Spider-verse.

Disney plus has the old shows, guess I'm gonna watch a bit for nostalgia sake. Gotta remember being a 12 yo. ignoring all homework so I could watch my cartoons at 4:00 pm.

...Not much different from nowadays.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Whats a good wandavision podcast?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
90s Spider-Man is on Disney+ isn't it? I really should watch it. I haven't seen any of it since the 90s.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

twistedmentat posted:

90s Spider-Man is on Disney+ isn't it? I really should watch it. I haven't seen any of it since the 90s.

All of the Marvel cartoons except the Hanna Barbara Fantastic Four, Thing, the 60s Marvel Super Heroes and the Sony made Spectacular Spider-Man is on it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna go wildcard on the unannounced guest being Ultron

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope it’s Deepfake Steve Ditko.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Infinitum posted:

I'm gonna go wildcard on the unannounced guest being Ultron

just full blown CGI Ultron but he's dressed for the era and nobody acts like it's weird

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm going real wild card

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lid posted:

I'm going real wild card

Tom Holland, Italian Spiderman and Turkish Spiderman all pointing at each other.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lid posted:

I'm going real wild card

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lid posted:

I'm going real wild card

This, but Japanese Spider-Man and it sets up the Multiverse aspects of Spider-Man 3.

"I am the Emmisary of Hell!"

Lunatic Sledge posted:

just full blown CGI Ultron but he's dressed for the era and nobody acts like it's weird

:hmmyes:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Ultron but Raymond Reddington.

Dembe, too. As Dembe.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Holy fuckin’ poo poo this 90’s intro.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
ok, wasnt expecting them to go with a malcom in the middle style episode

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gonz posted:

Holy fuckin’ poo poo this 90’s intro.

it rules fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGN9fZvQhc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

YO-MAGIC, BRO

HANG TEN LIL DUDE

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo Wiccan outfit!

And seriously, Elizabeth Olsen rocks comic accurate Scarlet Witch costume.

Holy poo poo comic accurate Quicksilver costume!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 12, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Uhhhhh what if ALL the Phase 4 movies are about undoing House of M? Cause the Hex doesn't look like it's going to stop growing any time soon.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
First off, JESUS what an ending.

Secondly, I laughed super hard when they very pointedly referenced Kick-rear end because of Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving hell that ending, I thought she was stretched to the utter limit with Westview as it was, then she essentially doubles the size of the hex and all it took for her to do it was momentarily stopping running everybody. I imagine this is going to have pretty major ramifications as she now has a ton more people and space to manage plus she smacked the poo poo out of her own brother AND her kids have powers now too AND Vision has gotten a glimpse of the outside world and his own fate now.

Vision's response to Agnes was a pretty :ohdear: moment too - "What's an Avenger?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Well, gonna go sleep for seven days straight so I don’t have to wait for Episode 7.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
two things:

lol she turned them into literal clowns

and

unleash hell, demon spawns

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

AND Vision has gotten a glimpse of the outside world and his own fate now.

Vision's response to Agnes was a pretty :ohdear: moment too - "What's an Avenger?"

It will be interesting to see if dead people are able to escape the Hex. It looked liked the Hex was clearly trying to keep Vision from escaping, or it's just the likelier scenario in that Vision can't exist outside of the Hex

Pietro switching to his dead body momentarily also has interesting ramifications of which version he is.

YO-MAGIC is also scary-as-gently caress-body-horror because it implies people are wasting away at the corners of the hex

When the hell does this become an Avengers level response event? :psyduck:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Kind of significant that the folks on the outer edges even before the expansion were just standing around. How does this work moving forward?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Secondly, I laughed super hard when they very pointedly referenced Kick-rear end because of Aaron Taylor-Johnson

I missed that.

But holy poo poo that ending. I hope Darcy is fine in the Hex

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Peters was in it too!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Gavok posted:

Peters was in it too!

poo poo, I forgot that. Great little nod.

Also I am extremely anxious to find out who is giving Monica the Hex-busting vehicle and most importantly what did Darcy find on Director Hayward's computer that she sent to Woo. What is that sleeze up to

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Shits hosed!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Is this the first time they've used their last name? I don't remember it coming up in the movies.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The more and more I think about it, Darcy telling Monica that the Hex changed her on a cellular level is totally giving me mutant vibes. It expanding at a rapid pace doesn't help either. Theory is it will eventually engulf the earth, whatever happens in the end removes the Hex, but the damage is already done. Some people start changing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Waffleopolis posted:

The more and more I think about it, Darcy telling Monica that the Hex changed her on a cellular level is totally giving me mutant vibes. It expanding at a rapid pace doesn't help either. Theory is it will eventually engulf the earth, whatever happens in the end removes the Hex, but the damage is already done. Some people start changing.

No, more mutants!

radlum
May 13, 2013

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Whats a good wandavision podcast?

Vanity Fair's Still Watching is pretty good; since it's VF, it usually has a section with interview with people involved in the show. I also like MarvelVision by the Comic Book Club guys.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

radlum posted:

Vanity Fair's Still Watching is pretty good; since it's VF, it usually has a section with interview with people involved in the show. I also like MarvelVision by the Comic Book Club guys.

Mr. Sunday Movies has started doing one since Episode 4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

This seems logical, but it's more likely Monica was already on her way to her Photon powers as she wasn't phased by the initial "Your scans are all white" remarks.

It also potentially percludes Doctor Strange in the Multi-verse of Madness

I feel like we're still heading towards a House of M style grand reveal where it all comes crashing down, as all the hall-marks are in place. It will be interesting if Vision starts to awaken Darcy/SWORD/Soldiers inside the Hex now as they'll be able to reveal the true nature of what's happening to Vision

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That was probably my favorite episode and not just because of the later parts. The 90s stuff, like the child narration and quick-cut flashbacks, were was just so delightfully kooky and spot-on at the same time.

Evan Peters also did such a great job here. I want him to stay.

Mokinokaro posted:

Is this the first time they've used their last name? I don't remember it coming up in the movies.
Maximoff? It was spoken in Age of Ultron.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm still watching episode but holy hell, that's the best Bryan Cranston impression I've ever seen. Hats off to Bettany.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When Pietro mentioned their parents it raised my hopes foolishly yet again that eventually he's going to say their dad's name is Erik instead of the name given for their father in Episode 5. C'mon Michael Fassbender! :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

So with:

1) SWORDs name change,
2) the technology SWORDs developed during the blip.
3) The video of Wanda's raid, where SWORD are experimenting on Vision

4)The Director's speech about hard choices etc.
5) Heyward tracking Vision

We're clearly leading up to something with SWORD i.e. building evil weapons or some other evil scheme.

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 12, 2021