Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
more flare and polka in minecraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMDk323WQQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kata-Haro posted:

Suisei's gonna be playing Mario Kart in about 5 mins. Since her throat is still kinda sore she's enlisted a mystery guest to take over speaking for her during the stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22zt7kgva0

this is incredible everyone watch it btw

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Sora's hosting a Seiso Among Us collab on Monday featuring a whole slew of talent.
https://twitter.com/tokino_sora/status/1360228236479766532

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

leather fedora posted:

Seiso Among Us collab

Hmm.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

There is one impostor among us.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Matsuri is seiso af,
What's wrong with y' all?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you say so

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Kiara's dad used to say "I don't have a helicopter!" meaning "I'm not rich!" anytime she asked for pocket money and now she's considering buying him a small one man helicopter and one upping all the car buyers.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That would be super cool, but also a bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vwkc9VIxE

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpgmE04e1_M

Marine has grown far too powerful after she was allowed to make and post her own MMDs!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Log082 posted:

Kiara's dad used to say "I don't have a helicopter!" meaning "I'm not rich!" anytime she asked for pocket money and now she's considering buying him a small one man helicopter and one upping all the car buyers.

She could just buy him a fancy remote control helicopter :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Brunom1 posted:

Marine has grown far too powerful after she was allowed to make and post her own MMDs!
More evidence to add the pile that Cover has lost all control over their idols and the inmates are now running the asylum :v:

e: Calli encouraging everyone to ram into her in Slither.io, not because she wants to cheat to win but because she wants a "world record, fattest snek"

e2: Ollie's Ring Fit stream was great too. Have you ever had a puppy before that doesn't get enough walks and is always bouncing off the walls? Then when you finally manage to wear them out they're all calm? That's apparently what Ollie is, hearing her talk at a normal speed, at a normal voice pitch was like watching a totally different streamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXvtEQpg_vI&t=5040s

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 12, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpgmE04e1_M

Lmao, now thats content

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hace posted:

the idol thing is an increasingly superfluous thing that i'm not sure they really even acknowledge much anymore, to the point that they're willing to hire members regardless of any vocal ability

I don't know what real life idols have you seen but vocal ability is not precisely a big deal.

Anyways, they'll eventually just introduce a Tamaki-like as the first male hololiver and go on from there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kiara went deep into a talk about mods and how finding one they trust and also be on call 24/7 is the biggest barrier to entry and there's not exactly a youtube mod union lying around.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Kiara went deep into a talk about mods and how finding one they trust and also be on call 24/7 is the biggest barrier to entry and there's not exactly a youtube mod union lying around.

I'm not sure what it is about needing moderators that are available at any time of the day. I mean, yes you need someone available at any time, but that doesn't mean you need one single person to be available at any time, you just need multiple people who can cover all times.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWByc_c-9Y

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nielsm posted:

I'm not sure what it is about needing moderators that are available at any time of the day. I mean, yes you need someone available at any time, but that doesn't mean you need one single person to be available at any time, you just need multiple people who can cover all times.

So then you run into the trust issue moreso, because youre now after multiple people who can mod an active chat without risk of being creepy or abusing powers. Plus you still need people to be available for whats likely to be a volunteer role. Think how toxic things get here sometimes if a mod dares to take too long to repond to a report

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Volunteers aren't the way to go, Cover would need to hire multiple people to work in the physical offices. There's rarely been any corner of the internet where giving a fan/volunteer powers to moderate has turned out well

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Most moderators on twitch are volunteers and things work out fine for the vast majority.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This isnt a science, thousands of independent streamers run their chats just fine (a lot of them with chats way bigger than vtubers). Most of the time hosts mod people that are active in their community and they've come to know. By nature this significantly harder for holos to do this but it CAN be done. There is 100% a managerial barrier and if they gave a gently caress they could have vetted volunteers that have interested in x,y,z hololiver moderate their channels.

And if a few people get banned erroneously, so what? In twitch you'd have people send in donations so that the host could read them saying things like "Oh I was banned, I dont even know why!" and the streamer pulls their chat history and would you look it there, a gamer word.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry but if you're not a certified vtuber moderator, with a YouTube specialization, Gremlin-management skills, and 5+ years experience don't even bother to apply

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rubellavator posted:

Most moderators on twitch are volunteers and things work out fine for the vast majority.

Most twitch moderators are not volunteers, they're friends of the streamer that have volunteered. Extremely important distinction here.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This isnt a science, thousands of independent streamers run their chats just fine (a lot of them with chats way bigger than vtubers). Most of the time hosts mod people that are active in their community and they've come to know. By nature this significantly harder for holos to do this but it CAN be done. There is 100% a managerial barrier and if they gave a gently caress they could have vetted volunteers that have interested in x,y,z hololiver moderate their channels.

And if a few people get banned erroneously, so what? In twitch you'd have people send in donations so that the host could read them saying things like "Oh I was banned, I dont even know why!" and the streamer pulls their chat history and would you look it there, a gamer word.

And now we're circling back to the "Youtube streamer tools suck" part of the timeloop.
Fun fact: Youtube doesn't provide a superchat view. From the technical fuckups they've had you can tell all they have is a reskinned version (via local CSS) of the normal superchat feed any user has.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 12, 2021

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Basedshark, one of Pikamee's mods, is volunteer and is somehow in EVERY SINGLE stream she has ever had since she got mods, regardless of time of day. Cover can figure it out.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Kyte posted:

And now we're circling back to the "Youtube streamer tools suck" part of the timeloop.
Fun fact: Youtube doesn't provide a superchat view. From the technical fuckups they've had you can tell all they have is a reskinned version (via local CSS) of the normal superchat feed any user has.

Youtube streamer tools do indeed suck. YT definitely does not provide anything worth 30% of your superchat bucks except for "is Youtube." Alas, that's enough apparently.

(Twitch sucks too, just differently.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tabletops posted:

Pekora was also scouted. I feel like polka was though I’m not sure if she’s said. Just given her history as a successful vtuber.

Are we still spoilering past life stuff? Haven’t seen any spoiler text for stuff about calli etc

From last night, but yes still keep.that stuff spoiler tagged. The conversation was about info Cali gave publicly in a podcast interview.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just Moona vacuuming her room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7XWOeXVqb8

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Takoluka posted:

"Idol culture" is such a bullshit phrase that's soaked in "those crazy Japanese want their pure virgin maidens on stage" as if all idol fans are part of this unchanging fringe society built on the backs on AKB48 super otaku. A top idol group in Japan right now has a member who is currently pregnant and has to sit out heavier performances, and the fanbase has been nothing short of super supportive of her and her relationship.

Okay, cool, idol culture is actually great and nice and free of bullshit. So why did Towa eat a suspension for having the audacity to allow a male relative's voice on her stream then?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kiara is getting quiet adept in minecraft and I don't know how I feel about it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zombie noises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv_IAgXi9CE

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Would more chat mods even do much? Most spam I see is deleted pretty quickly already.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4ZsJgTAUU

Coco got Kanata into Adidas, but Kanata also made Coco stop caring about wearing lame clothes. I'm pretty sure Nietzsche talked about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDsIgWmpEQE

Meanwhile, wants you to understand just how seriously she takes her BL.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

Justus posted:

There can be a number of technicalities when it comes to this stuff, like things that technically sound better or capture a recording with higher fidelity, but IMO if it makes the performer even a little less comfortable then it’s not worth it. The gear and recording techniques should always be second place to the performance IMO.
I'd be interested in hearing about them, are those the kind that make you sore in the solarplexus? I done those before and its just me building a voice model so the goal is to speak for hours at a time. See fried vocals here would mean not being acknowledged by the voiceprint recognizer, its a slightly different meaning.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

I used to think Moona was kinda distant and stiff, but now that she's shown herself to be as big a dorkus as the rest of 'em I really dig her streams.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lyer posted:

Kiara is getting quiet adept in minecraft and I don't know how I feel about it

Minecraft is literally a children's game. I'd be more worried if she didn't get better at it over time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mirage posted:

I used to think Moona was kinda distant and stiff, but now that she's shown herself to be as big a dorkus as the rest of 'em I really dig her streams.
In the earlier Pekora collabs she was still pretty stiff and formal but in the last four or so months she's exposed herself as being an almost Ame and Gura level of Gremlin, especially now that she's comfortable laughing more often on stream and has one of the most adorably dorky laughs in all of Hololive.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is the player character in monster rancher the toucan

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Gura getting a late schedule in this week. https://mobile.twitter.com/gawrgura/status/1360282619636817933

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dezinus posted:

Would more chat mods even do much? Most spam I see is deleted pretty quickly already.

tbh probably not.

Most of the spam right now is in her twitter hashtags (I remember one that shopped her real self into the capitol riot) and that's literally impossible to mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Joshlemagne posted:

Okay, cool, idol culture is actually great and nice and free of bullshit. So why did Towa eat a suspension for having the audacity to allow a male relative's voice on her stream then?

Because her company is garbage and arbitrary? I don't recall Gura facing any consequences when her fanbase harassed Iofi, so the feelings and actions of Hololive fans don't amount to a drat thing.