Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

Ragnarok saved the entire franchise because they were getting dirtier and grittier with each movie and it wasn't fun anymore. it remade thor from a stiff boring space cop into a funny and relatable star.

it also further pulled the MCU towards "funny goofy" stuff and away from the gritty depressing nihilist realism of the first set of movies. i think guardians started that trend, and then ant man and homecoming kept it going, but ragnarok really cemented it.

It's an ebb and flow, soon we'll get goofy self-aware over-self referntial ironic movies and that'll be everything they make, and then we'll get a GriMDaRK iron man origins reboot and it'll be universally aplauded for such grittiness and realism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
grimdark iron man reboot where tony stark remembers his dad is kissinger and gets shitfaced then dances around and punches a mirror

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DyTXpnFpZU

american coup

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

It's an ebb and flow, soon we'll get goofy self-aware over-self referntial ironic movies and that'll be everything they make, and then we'll get a GriMDaRK iron man origins reboot and it'll be universally aplauded for such grittiness and realism

gridnark?

idk what that is but i want hallmark iron man

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

grimdark iron man reboot where tony stark remembers his dad is kissinger and gets shitfaced then dances around and punches a mirror

in the punisher netflix show he slams the bad guys face into a mirror until he gets permanent brain damage and then drags it down the broken shards of glass

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol. there’s definitely an unappreciated irony level there

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

funny how after crying about the succlibs not thinking some angry mob was an actual attempt to overthrow the government the cool smart leftists (tm) in the thread are now debating marvel movies.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

AHH OUR GOVERNMENT iS UNDER ATTACK FROM A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER. but in the mean time, lets discuss the merits of the MCU movies

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
no you see the performative outrage stops any further coups so we're good for now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah coup attempts have a cooldown. part of the latest patch.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

yeah coup attempts have a cooldown. part of the latest patch.

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/sophxthompson/status/1360241781426823172

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I always wonder how people feel about their weird novelty zeitgeist purchases like 20 years after it was relevant for all of 30 seconds. The closest I can think of having something like that was the Princess Di beanie baby that my parents bought.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shoeberto posted:

I always wonder how people feel about their weird novelty zeitgeist purchases like 20 years after it was relevant for all of 30 seconds. The closest I can think of having something like that was the Princess Di beanie baby that my parents bought.

people still collect those. that beanie baby might be worth a cool 3.5 figgies now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the made in China union jack badge is a nice touch

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

shoeberto posted:

I have a Team Trump t-shirt from the 2016 primary, remind me and I'll tell you in 2036.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

somewhere i’ve got this “y2k bug” stuffed alien thing and when you slam its butt down on a hard surface it makes breaking glass noises

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

somewhere i’ve got this “y2k bug” stuffed alien thing and when you slam its butt down on a hard surface it makes breaking glass noises

wow

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

fart simpson posted:

people still collect those. that beanie baby might be worth a cool 3.5 figgies now

What the actual gently caress

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Real timecube energy from that seller.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quote:

ghost version

:thunk:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

quote:

***EBAYS Copy Right IMAGE AND TEXT Policy:
Any wording (text..Including the word Ghost Version), photo, or video used on my page(s) is for my personal use only. The use of my exclusive text, video, or photos without my permission is against Ebays Image and text policy.***
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=261541425266&category=440&pm=1&ds=0&t=1496714077000&ver=0&cspheader=1

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
well it doesn't really matter at this point i guess because every single federal representative is an absolute cuck and my only hope is that the fash somehow gets them first

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

welp

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

just so angry to the point of tears

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it was never gonna happen, so best to get it over with. still hope that trump gets hosed by the courts but not holding my breath

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

these fuckers wont even fight for themselves, when they are directly in the crosshairs of all this nonsense and its loving so embarrassing its infuriating

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

it was never gonna happen, so best to get it over with. still hope that trump gets hosed by the courts but not holding my breath

better to fight and fail than to give up and take a week off

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Share Bear posted:

these fuckers wont even fight for themselves, when they are directly in the crosshairs of all this nonsense and its loving so embarrassing its infuriating

lol yeah, they just pointed at the target on their backs and said "this is good, keep trying"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

akadajet posted:

fox is already calling the republicans who voted guilty traitors

we all knew this wasn’t going to happen but i just wanted the fuckers to publicly state they’re ok with it. make it unambiguous for the history books

Apr 7, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

fox is already calling the republicans who voted guilty traitors

we all knew this wasn’t going to happen but i just wanted the fuckers to publicly state they’re ok with it. make it unambiguous for the history books

They're going to have a bunch more chances to say it, don't worry.

Apr 7, 2003

Fascist movements always throw the stochastic terrorists they encourage under the bus and denounce violence until they no longer have to.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Stringent posted:

I have a Team Trump t-shirt from the 2016 primary, remind me and I'll tell you in 2036.
You'll probably have decapitated yourself with your own sheer edginess by then, so I'll skip setting a reminder

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

anyone who was surprised by the acquittal should not be voting. your connection to reality is too tenuous for you to participate as an adult in the democratic process

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
anyone who has lived through 2020 should be familiar with the concept of being disappointed but not surprised

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmao, just actual lmao

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i’m genuinely surprised as many gop broke rank as we saw

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1360715132943405059?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Nomnom Cookie posted:

anyone who was surprised by the acquittal should not be voting. your connection to reality is too tenuous for you to participate as an adult in the democratic process

No one thought he would be acquitted

The Democrats winning a vote to introduce witnesses and immediately stepping on their own dicks by refusing to exercise the power they voted for? That's pretty loving funny.