Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guy A. Person posted:

LOUD MUSIC BEAT

"...because after all Batman..."

*fade to Joker slowly turning around, the music begins to swell*

"I'm dah Joker baybee..."

FOOM SOUND EFFECT
TITLE SMASH CUT
MARCH 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/fevered_earth/status/1360976863762542601

ahem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The twitter reactions to the "we live in a society" line are hilarious. Zack Snyder is trolling the gently caress out of a certain sort of person and those persons bit the bait so hard lmao.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

2house2fly posted:

The character is saying that line in an obviously post-apocalypse world btw, "society" would be a weird word to use there if it wasn't a deliberate ref

I thought the pause between "We live in a society" and the rest of the sentence was a wink and nod. If it were played completely serious then it wouldn't be there. Haters gonna hate. I saw a tweet saying the dialogue was awful and I was all "what? it's pretty standard genre dialogue for all these films."

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

tbf I said it was a good trailer

if this is what you extending the olive branch looks like I’d prefer you didn’t try at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

man nurse posted:

He’s not famous for that line. The line comes more from the culture of online idiots appropriating Joker’s persona as being emblematic of how society has wronged them or whatever. If that makes sense.

It was specifically a meme made up to make fun of disaffected young men which people started to apparently believe was made unironically by said young men to the point where they were terrified of the Joker movie inciting massacres

Like a irl version of the twitter 'invent a guy you hate, trick yourself into believing he exists and get real mad at him'

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This says a lot about society

It really does.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
CD trying to dissect "we live in a society" is not something I ever thought I'd see, and it's pretty cool

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

The twitter reactions to the "we live in a society" line are hilarious. Zack Snyder is trolling the gently caress out of a certain sort of person and those persons bit the bait so hard lmao.

Another shining example of his secret genius

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
At this point in time I don't know if it's really a secret

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

What do you feel you offer this thread?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Firstborn posted:

CD trying to dissect "we live in a society" is not something I ever thought I'd see

Some people have no joy in their lives

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

It's good to have at least a couple Synder haters in the dome imo

If not for practice then entertainment alone

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Firstborn posted:

CD trying to dissect "we live in a society" is not something I ever thought I'd see, and it's pretty cool

Reading your posts with Mimi's voice in my head. Owns

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

As a Snyder Bro cultist, I'm obligated to blindly see everything Zack Snyder does as true genius.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
So good to hear Costner's back for this, he's such a great Pa Kent. Was he already in the theatrical version (haven't seen it) ?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

As a Snyder Bro cultist, I'm obligated to blindly see everything Zack Snyder does as true genius.

When you’re part of a group who will go to ridiculous lengths defending the Martha thing or the actual jars of piss I’m not sure saying this sarcastically really works as well as you think

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Basic media literacy goes a long way and that certain twitter group severely lacks it or does but rather engage in outrage for clicks. I mean, that's condescending but Bruce literally said he had dreams cut to the Knightmare footage then it ends with Knightmare Joker doing the meme and delivering it in such a way that stresses "We live in a society". If people have the brain power and effort to extract objectivist messaging from these films then they have that power to see the joke.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

When you’re part of a group who will go to ridiculous lengths defending the Martha thing or the actual jars of piss I’m not sure saying this sarcastically really works as well as you think

Describe the "ridiculous lengths" beyond "posting in a thread"

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Blood Boils posted:

It's good to have at least a couple Synder haters in the dome imo

If not for practice then entertainment alone

Snyder haters are fine. It's kind of crappy when they start taking pot shots or stereotyping fans.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Using the word defending says lot about how you see villains, when the piss jar is a middle finger to decorum itself.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Escobarbarian posted:

but constantly antagonizing that group with snide remarks instead of good faith discussion is a great use of your time.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Liking a movie doesn’t make anyone “part of a group”

But if it did, the alternative is being “part of a group” that papered over Joss Whedon’s actual sex crimes

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

If you'd like to go through my post history you'd find me criticizing the Martha scene on several occasions as one of the things I don't like about BvS, lmao. Also like, just lmao at generally lumping me in with this group of imagined people in your head.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The piss jar is a direct insult since she used the line on him earlier. I’ll never get why people hate it other than being simpleton “hurrr PISS!!!!”

The Martha thing was clunky and fans of the movie won’t disagree. It being some huge burn tho is sad.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Not our fault you can't manage basic literacy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

The piss jar is a direct insult since she used the line on him earlier. I’ll never get why people hate it other than being simpleton “hurrr PISS!!!!”

it's bad because it's visible piss in a children's movie and the kids can see the piss

do you want the chidlren to look at the piss you disgusting pervert?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

roffels posted:

Snyder haters are fine. It's kind of crappy when they start taking pot shots or stereotyping fans.

Unfortunately that's just part of the discourse, it's not like we don't clown on their inability to read comic books or movies

Like the Martha thing - Zack didn't create these characters, they're backstories are just about a century old and subsequent writers have referenced the shared name before. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Beavis was some peep's first exposure

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

The Martha thing was clunky and fans of the movie won’t disagree. It being some huge burn tho is sad.

I have no issue with the scene, it's probably one of Affleck's best performances on screen, next to his dialogue with chris pine in smoking aces.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

it's bad because it's visible piss in a children's movie and the kids can see the piss

do you want the chidlren to look at the piss you disgusting pervert?

Surely... you're taking the piss???

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
everyone shut up this is a way more important thing to discuss
https://twitter.com/theSNYDERVERSE/status/1361003161054572548?s=20

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Escobarbarian posted:

What's to defend?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It takes a pair of balls to put that verbatim line in the joker’s mouth. This movie is gonna rule.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Equeen posted:

everyone shut up this is a way more important thing to discuss
https://twitter.com/theSNYDERVERSE/status/1361003161054572548?s=20

When the teaser dropped a few days ago I refrained from making a joke about Darkseid wearing a cincher.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'll never understand the hang up over the Martha scene, especially when Martha is never said on it's own. Everything is laid out. But we don't have forever memes about cap going weak at the knees at the name of Bucky to the extent it's a plot point in endgame.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's frankly a great scene and every time I watch it I like it more

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Hope you're ready to watch it again in IMAX!

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

I always thought the freak out about the Martha scene was weird because people will generally agree with the idea of Batman being as crazy as the joker. It's a central aspect of The Killing Joke, and TDK talks about it too. So you think it would follow that this extremely troubled guy would flip his poo poo over the guy he's about to murder saying his mothers name, whose death he is extremely obsessed with.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I wonder what portion of the hate for the Martha scene were people mad because they didn't realize their mom had the same name and hated that the movie out-nerded them.

I don't particularly like Cavill's delivery in that scene, but Affleck did fine.

I really don't get the issue with the piss thing at all.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I’ve read some takes from people who can’t see a difference between this and the Whedon cut. I get hating Snyder, but I don’t see how a visually literate person says they don’t see a difference.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

I’ve read some tales from people who can’t see a difference between this and the Whedon cut. I get hating Snyder, but I don’t see how a visually literate person says they don’t see a difference.

It's the biggest tell, really. I just assume their used to centerframed action in a linear movie. I really think dream sequences have destroyed people's minds.