Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
guys if we had "i'm the juggernaut, bitch" we can have "we live in a society" ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
this movie maed by GANGWEED

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Is it the most timely meme in cinema? It's still pretty old, in meme years, but I wonder

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Literally shooting it in 4:3 aspect ratio with the justification that "super heroes are meant to look tall and imposing so i needed more headspace."

Somebody make him watch a Wes Anderson film, please.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we live in a WHAT?!@??!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Nm

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 14, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL it's in 4:3 so they could cheap out on the brown PS3 graphics

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Oh god I just remembered why Snyder quit the movie in the first place

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anytime I hear Snyder talk I am shocked at how little he seems to know about actual filmmaking techniques. I can guarantee you the only reason he used the 4:3 aspect ratio is because somebody told him that improperly formatted old TV shows playing on wide-screen tvs cut off the top and bottom of the image, so in his brain that translated to "4:3 is the perfect ratio to make tall pictures!"

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Is that Jared Leto,

The joker from Suicide Squad, widely regarded as an embarrassing mistake (the movie and the joker portrayal)

They brought him back. Oh...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmfao this makes michael bay look restrained

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What will super mecha godzilla think or is he still banned?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

It's cold. I'm coughing, my lungs hurt.
"Again"
Youtube plays the Zack Snyder's Justice League trailer again.
It's getting dark.

Goodbye

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I can guarantee you the only reason he used the 4:3 aspect ratio is because somebody told him that improperly formatted old TV shows playing on wide-screen tvs cut off the top and bottom of the image, so in his brain that translated to "4:3 is the perfect ratio to make tall pictures!"

His reasoning is that in comic books, the panels are traditionally more square than wide.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeQ3ksvUWRc

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

His reasoning is that in comic books, the panels are traditionally more square than wide.

I still think that's sboddy reasoning unless he wants everyone to watch his movie on an old CRT with a resolution so low it hides how bad the cgi is.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
snyder should've framed it in vertical phone video ratio

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Can't wait to watch the latest version of a superhero punch movie, that had a budget of several hundred million dollars, with the picture all smooshed so that it looks like a bad TV print of a cheap Eurospy movie from the 1960s, where the cars look like breadboxes and every actor is apparently nine feet tall

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Ups_rail posted:

What will super mecha godzilla think or is he still banned?

Is there a story to the ban? That owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

pfft, Whedon did that in the theatrical!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

How many more times do I not have to see that movie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol how thick was this moustache. his teeth are all hosed up

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

everything about this just gets better and better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

grifting over 300 million dollars out of Warner Brothers to have Joker say "We live in a society" is commendable

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I remember the amount of laughs this got in the theater I was in when this first popped up on screen lol

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the suits at Marvel successfully managed to spin the loving Guardians of the Galaxy into a hit using a neat trick called "planning ahead" while DC repeatedly shoots itself in the foot with some of the most recognizable superheroes in pop culture

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
This is going to be a glorious trainwreck and one must be out of their GODDAMN mind to think that it might turn out good.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

justice league is going to be like blade runner in that there are 35 different versions. the difference is that there wont be a “definitive version” because no one will remember justice league in 5 years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Origami Dali posted:

If only Quibi had known!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The fact that there are actual fans for DC movies makes me think I’m on crazy pills or something. They’re all so godawful.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

"okay listen - Justice League has been a cartoon across two full generations of kids and Batman / Superman have nearly 100% name recognition in the U.S. markets. Marvel is eating out lunch. what do we we do?

"let's double down on the 300 guy."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I bet Nolan knows this is all his fault and he wakes up laughing like the joker every single day

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I never really understood why they used dark knight returns as the base batman for their JL

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol how thick was this moustache. his teeth are all hosed up

tbf I wouldn't want to have been the cgi guy who had to fix this, but then I know nothing about cgi

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's really funny that he couldn't shave the stache despite him being killed off in Mission Impossible.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's really funny that he couldn't shave the stache despite him being killed off in Mission Impossible.

Whichever studio exec insisted he keep the mustache should be leading a graduate seminar on trolling

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m gonna laugh really hard when justice league is 4:3 and now you see boom mics and poo poo

Communist Walrus posted:

Whichever studio exec insisted he keep the mustache should be teaching a graduate seminar on trolling

I mean if youre Paramount and already shot half his scenes with the mustache, why is it your problem that WB decided to call him back over for reshoots? Of course you’d insist he keeps it

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 14, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

trump is gone and dc movies still suck, the world is healing