Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Like a snake, Biden's head can still sniff women for hours after it's cut off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/HighlandsBunker/status/1317526700574543873?s=20

One thing our local fascist who ran against Coons was good at was signs. This was probably the best and funniest political sign I've ever seen.

What did that sign say, I can't tell in the "pic taken with an old scratched up lense disposable camera" shot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
coons jar

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

I know the answer to my next question is just "democrats"

But what is their pretend reason for keeping Louis Dejoy and the whole postal board of Trump appointees on and continuing to let them dismantle the post office

The post office service is the only reason enough people are able to vote and elect democrats. Once the post office doesn't work and mail in voting doesn't work then republicans win every time, which again would supposedly be a problem for the democrats
The Postmaster General isn't the same as other cabinet appointees, and is a little harder to get rid of. But, I think you could do it by getting rid of the Postal Governors then removing him. That's how I understand it.

I assume the reason is :effort: and they don't care.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PathAsc posted:

What did that sign say, I can't tell in the "pic taken with an old scratched up lense disposable camera" shot

It's just Lauren, the Nazi, looking really good with a big "VS" Coons in a literal pussyhat, looking like a cuck.

Lauren is a white nationalist who was in DC on the 6th. But she made a good sign!

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the republican voter base shrinks from them being dangerous public embarassments, the dem base then too must shrink to maintain the friendliest possible middle ground for capital

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nichael posted:

It's just Lauren, the Nazi, looking really good with a big "VS" Coons in a literal pussyhat, looking like a cuck.

Lauren is a white nationalist who was in DC on the 6th. But she made a good sign!

Ah, I should have realized there was no actual substance to it.

Jess should've won

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bootleg Trunks posted:

What's the ducklo status

fired LIKE A DOG

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

the republican voter base shrinks from them being dangerous public embarassments, the dem base then too must shrink to maintain the friendliest possible middle ground for capital

wonder how many chuds will actually lose their voting rights because of coup

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

The Postmaster General isn't the same as other cabinet appointees, and is a little harder to get rid of. But, I think you could do it by getting rid of the Postal Governors then removing him. That's how I understand it.

I assume the reason is :effort: and they don't care.

the board of governors can fire the postmaster general and biden can fire the governors and appoint new ones that will fire dejoy. the reason he isn't is because he has to come up with a reason to fire them for cause and firing them for sabotaging the department they're supposed to oversee comes too close to criticizing republicans' base ideology. it's the same reason all democrats still pretend that republicans are surely acting in good faith and have legitimate political positions that should be engaged with

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the board of governors can fire the postmaster general and biden can fire the governors and appoint new ones that will fire dejoy. the reason he isn't is because he has to come up with a reason to fire them for cause and firing them for sabotaging the department they're supposed to oversee comes too close to criticizing republicans' base ideology. it's the same reason all democrats still pretend that republicans are surely acting in good faith and have legitimate political positions that should be engaged with

Right, the "cause" is obvious, but we have Democrats who are 2005 era GOP so they don't want to go against capital.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

how many apolitical appointees did trungo fire for no reason other than to make political?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is just cover for rebranding Fort Hood. it's got too much of a reputation for the rape and murder of enlisted now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

stellers bae posted:

seems weird for a 'christian death cult' to have gained so many minority votes and lost so many white male ones in 2020

to be fair, white men love Atheism

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

broke: the presidents golfing while the country burns

woke: the presidents playing mario kart while the country burns

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bold of people itt to assume that biden wants to fix the post office

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is just cover for rebranding Fort Hood. it's got too much of a reputation for the rape and murder of enlisted now

Uhhh the army loves rape and murder just as much as it loves racist rear end confederates actually

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
random q on filibuster culture/implications. only the senators themselves can physically filibuster, right? so it does require some amount of physical pain/effort, right? if so, why not actually force the other party to actually filibuster every once-in-a-while rather than playing the trench-war game meta and just give up? am I wrong in thinking it’s actually rare to force a team to filibuster these days?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mustached Demon posted:

wonder how many chuds will actually lose their voting rights because of coup

I should have been more specific: the republicans base shrunk because to some the republicans didnt coup hard enough, others, too much couping, and all future republicans will have to break along lines of being for the dc reverse benghazi or against it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jay-V posted:

random q on filibuster culture/implications. only the senators themselves can physically filibuster, right? so it does require some amount of physical pain/effort, right? if so, why not actually force the other party to actually filibuster every once-in-a-while rather than playing the trench-war game meta and just give up? am I wrong in thinking it’s actually rare to force a team to filibuster these days?

dems don't give a gently caress op

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Some Guy TT posted:

bold of people itt to assume that biden wants to fix the post office

but the democratic party are the good guys ???

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Jay-V posted:

Physical presence/speech for a filibuster used to be required. They changed the rules mid 2000s and now they don't habe to be there. an actual stand there reqding the phone book filibuster is only done as a stunt these days.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the people demand necrotizing flesh read moby dick on foot for as long as possible

die for our entertainment wretches as you would demand of us

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is ducklo?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

what is ducklo?

not much what's ducklo with you?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Business Gorillas posted:

✅ Embedded Ducklo
✅ Remembered Sailor

It's turning out to be a great Sunday for me, goons. stay safe out there

✅ had a good morning, Sunday morning

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Vim Fuego posted:

Physical presence/speech for a filibuster used to be required. They changed the rules mid 2000s and now they don't habe to be there. an actual stand there reqding the phone book filibuster is only done as a stunt these days.

This was one of the clearest, most open sign that procedural rules were the only thing that mattered for congress anymore

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FIRST TEAM!

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

lmfao lmfao

if the Dems are too wimpy to abolish the filibuster, would they be able to reverse this rule change as the lamest substitute possible?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Raiad posted:

embed ducklo was a dumb nonsense phrase that was part of a serious plan by the dems and we're clinging on to what little content we possibly can in this horrible desert of the post trump world

does anyone have the original Embedd Ducklo tweet?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I should have been more specific: the republicans base shrunk because to some the republicans didnt coup hard enough, others, too much couping, and all future republicans will have to break along lines of being for the dc reverse benghazi or against it.

as far as anyone can tell the second group is a captive audience that votes for republicans no matter what it was the hardcore chud counties that saw their turnout tank in the primaries and theres no indication from polling that the insurrection has actually meaningfully moved the needle and made new groups of people think trump has gone too far

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

The Unnamed One posted:

Have the deaths at and around Fort Hood stopped, btw?

why would it? theres like 200,000 active serial killers in the US forces

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jay-V posted:

lmfao lmfao

if the Dems are too wimpy to abolish the filibuster, would they be able to reverse this rule change as the lamest substitute possible?

they could but they won't because they like having the excuse of "the filibuster" to not do the things they don't want to do (e.g help poor people)

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

does anyone have the original Embedd Ducklo tweet?

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349354126711418881?s=20

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Some Guy TT posted:

as far as anyone can tell the second group is a captive audience that votes for republicans no matter what it was the hardcore chud counties that saw their turnout tank in the primaries and theres no indication from polling that the insurrection has actually meaningfully moved the needle and made new groups of people think trump has gone too far

Eh, it moved the needle enough for the donor class, remains to be seen the impact

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

that was already true last election biden being popular with the donor class is quite literally all he has going for him the insurrection has just made them publicly bolder when it comes to bragging about it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jay-V posted:

lmfao lmfao

with the vp scale-tipper they're able to do a shitload of stuff, it just requires schumer having the spine to put the screws to manchin and the other blue dogs

he won't, because he's a cowardly moron who is paid for it, but still

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

Some Guy TT posted:

Probably because it's coming to light that the only people that were killed during the 'insurrection', aka guided tour, were the rioters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
JOE BIDEN IS A PIECE OF poo poo
BIDEN
IS
A
PIECE
OF
poo poo OF PIECE A IS BIDEN JOE