Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

What does this actually mean

How does this sort of system function? Kinda sounds like everyone is just an independent contractor then???

this is the system that would emerge naturally if we took all the assets in the USA and split them up evenly between every person, but changed nothing else. everyone owns some of the productive property. so the big organization could get rid of an unruly worker but that worker owns a bunch of equipment and land so they would be hurting themselves financially if they decide they dont want to associate themselves any more.

basically give every single person more leverage than just their labor power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The papers have learned that cancelling the messenger is much more profitable than printing bad news.

Edit: this was in response to the pro publica article, not the continuing Disney derail.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ready 2 die from this poo poo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The papers have learned that cancelling the messenger is much more profitable than printing bad news.

Edit: this was in response to the pro publica article, not the continuing Disney derail.

They’re just reverting to their historic mean. I think for a couple decades there was a good faith effort by at least some of the media to be better—idk kind of like the how Warren court is a historical anomaly— but that ran out of gas probably when I was still in high school and we’re just moving along and getting back to how it always was

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
newspapers have started to see their own importance and are now demanding to be the elite. As you might realize once you are the elite there isn’t a deason to report on them.

the addition of so many failchildren can’t have helped

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This was actually an interesting piece though, not a reflexive criticism of Sheehan

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1360731850034053120

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
I think the times basically cheerleading Lori Lightfoot pulling the usual Illinois-Democrat bullshit attacking unions is the grossest poo poo I've seen the paper do this week. TELL US MORE HOW YOU THREATEN PINKO TEACHERS TO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR OUR BRATS.

The lady who wrote the piece was pretty much creaming her pants.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Love Rat posted:

I think the times basically cheerleading Lori Lightfoot pulling the usual Illinois-Democrat bullshit attacking unions is the grossest poo poo I've seen the paper do this week. TELL US MORE HOW YOU THREATEN PINKO TEACHERS TO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR OUR BRATS.

The lady who wrote the piece was pretty much creaming her pants.

Link some excerpts? I'm not gonna go read this bullshit myself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CharlestheHammer posted:

newspapers have started to see their own importance and are now demanding to be the elite. As you might realize once you are the elite there isn’t a deason to report on them.

the addition of so many failchildren can’t have helped

Much like with architecture, the elevation of journalism as a respected and cool profession for smart creative people ends with all the failchildren getting into it and it basically turning into full time failchild daycare

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/conceptualsaeen/status/1361319673300672516?s=20

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I think if some 17 yo little private school poo poo kid tried pulling that crap on me i would have some choice words for him too

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kid probably is a little poo poo but imo “said ‘hey please don’t bust out the slurs’” isn’t one of the reasons why

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Solkanar512 posted:

Nah, you can gently caress off. After watching my 55 year old mother die from cancer so bad she didn’t survive the initial tumor removal surgery your efforts to your paraphrased promise as a cudgel are bullshit. This fucker is likely going to be dead in a few months and all the conflicts of interest were already addressed but sure, defend digging up his personal life because you don’t like the Biden admin.

Lol I’m glad TJ got un-embedded

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more like TJ Laidlow

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1361314822650953737?s=19

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

can’t wait for the articles about how the US spent a lot of money and political capital to promote democracy in Iraq during the Bush administrations

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

gradenko_2000 posted:

more like TJ Laidlow

Now the Biden administration might finally embed TJ LowBlow

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

kid was drunk and died from falling and hitting his head on the pavement after being punched (AND his friends didn't get help, they just brought him back to their room and found him dead in the morning). some club promoter isn't the seconding coming of mohammed ali

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

kid was drunk and died from falling and hitting his head on the pavement after being punched. some club promoter isn't the seconding coming of mohammed ali

i could see that kid dying from a single average punch to the face

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Tried and true "talk poo poo, get hit" protocol at work.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

No he won't.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

TJ Duck-owned

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
embed Ducklo

after a heartfelt eulogy chronicling his brave battle against cancer

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wasn't there a Hillary staffer that died if cancer cause they couldn't afford treatment and she donated a pittance to his GoFundMe

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

KomradeX posted:

Wasn't there a Hillary staffer that died if cancer cause they couldn't afford treatment and she donated a pittance to his GoFundMe

I don't remember if he died but yeah, she donated like one thousand dollars while he was still kicking

e:$1K being several seconds worth of HRC speaking fee money

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

I think if some 17 yo little private school poo poo kid tried pulling that crap on me i would have some choice words for him too

If a 17 yo asked you not to use the N word?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Chomskyan posted:

If a 17 yo asked you not to use the N word?

no, if a 17 yo asked me not to say the n word that would be fine. if a 17 said what was posted in that now deleted tweet i would tell him to gently caress off, especially if it was a rich private school white kid lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

thanks for doing the cool thing where you take the absolute worst reading of my post though! :waycool:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

Yes, that's why people are nuts if they are expecting the Biden administration to suddenly start supporting universal health care because they watch someone they know go through the brutal grinding down of the health care system. Biden (as Vice President!) was gonna sell a house to pay for Beau's brain cancer treatment, and that didn't change his views at all.

They're all happy cogs in the machine. They will die for the machine rather than envision an end to it.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I promise that I'm not trying to read the worst into your posts. It's just that this was the paragraph directly proceeding the one shown in the tweet

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

neoliberal?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I absolutely love the condescending smarm of the phrase "saying things they don't mean." He means it, you know he means it, and he knows you know he means it :allears: Scold all boomers like toddlers, imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1361363967046729729?s=19

It used to be that they would just fact-check "FAKE NEWS"

Now it's also considered a fact-check-able issue if your claim is merely "Missing Context"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KomradeX posted:

he immediately decomposed into a pile of bones like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts the second the Hillary campaign paid attention to his plight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clark Nova posted:

:allears: Scold all boomers like toddlers, imo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1361382266438574082

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

kid was drunk and died from falling and hitting his head on the pavement after being punched (AND his friends didn't get help, they just brought him back to their room and found him dead in the morning). some club promoter isn't the seconding coming of mohammed ali
died with single punch not of single punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

died with single punch not of single punch