Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

their noxious vibes and terrible fans driving away a beautiful soul and the beautiful game

Definitely has a Cleveland browns feel to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

oklahoma, bastion of evangelical white supremacy, reknown for its Good Vibes

The PNW is well known for its depressed and not vibing people

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Definitely has a Cleveland browns feel to it

worse, at least cleveland once had industry and produced things of value. the only good thing seattle ever made was the original dual lands cycle.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Great coffee, though

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

there's a big difference between shooting 43% on 17 attempts with no credible offensive threats around you and getting to the line 6 times a game vs shooting worse on fewer attempts and getting to the line less on top of being surrounded by three credible players on offense in towns, beasley, and russell

Towns has played like 6 games with Edwards but:

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also Rookie KD should never be used as a comp ever. He was loving awful. KD might have the worst rookie season of any top 50 NBA player

Is also very true. But there's been a bunch of guards lately who started off rough and got better, and those guys at least had real off-seasons.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Ghost Dog posted:

their noxious vibes and terrible fans driving away a beautiful soul and the beautiful game

if their vibes were noxious, kd would have thrived though?!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1361392263256023049?s=19

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What on earth is Blake Griffin's "playing future" other than retiring?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jalen smith to the g league, the agua caliente clippers. makes sense, it's rough when you're a stretch 5 because there's 6 or 7 guys in front of him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Low cost buyout so he can play for the nets. He looks cooked, even at staggering career low usage of 15%.

The really dynamic playmaking he showed without Chris Paul is gone. The stepback threes he had in 18-19 and 19-20 are mostly gone too.

Maybe he can do a bit more with the Nets big three, but he certainly doesn't help their defense. He's resorted to do Ersan Ilyasova esque charge taking bullshit because he can't stay in front of anyone.

Is he dogging it to get the buy out? Maybe

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 15, 2021

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
im gonna climb andre drummond like in that colossus game and pull on his ears until he agrees to play good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
lmao I'd never seen this

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1361400542384250884?s=20

All that improv work paying off

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

The phone is ringing off the hook to pay almost 40m a year for this level of production:

quote:

He's averaging 12.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists for Detroit this season. Griffin had solid back-to-back performances on Thursday and Friday, including 12 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds in a road victory over the Boston Celtics.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

morestuff posted:

lmao I'd never seen this

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1361400542384250884?s=20

All that improv work paying off

Lmao

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Clippers employees wore this before they traded him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The only way I see the discussion going is Blake saying "either I'm staying at home and you're paying me my money or I'll leave after you buy me out for 95% of my money"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

The only way I see the discussion going is Blake saying "either I'm staying at home and you're paying me my money or I'll leave after you buy me out for 95% of my money"

I agree. Why would he not take the player option unless the buyout covered most of it?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I could see him maybe taking a 60% buyout to go ring chase, but either way Detroit is screwed here.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ESPN finally gave the Jazz the #1 spot on the power rankings and :feelsgood: but I have to say I am almost expecting the league to Shut It DownTM as soon as Lebron gets COVID. If the Jazz can maintain their health I could see them making it to the WCF at a minimum and possibly claiming the conference championship. I had the Lakers down as the one to win it all, but if Lebron tears off his member, or if AD isn't healthy? That is a totally different factor. Denver seems poised to be healthy enough to see it through this shortened season and so do the Jazz. The Clippers could make it through as well, and PG is definitely publishing his redemption story.

These next two weeks are going to be telling if my Jazz are pretenders or not. I hope they are not.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I don't think Blake gets minutes on a playoff team. He looks completely cooked.

Is he eligible to medically retire?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't think Blake gets minutes on a playoff team. He looks completely cooked.

Is he eligible to medically retire?

The hypothetical is that he's dogging it to get moved. He's not doing much on lower usage than he's ever had in his career.

Nets are the logical team, but how bad would their defense be with blake at 4

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Clippers employees wore this before they traded him

Where's Zach de la Rocha?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1361432012809265155

Rewarding the league's best players with a mandatory work trip where they have to stay in their hotel the entire time

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I am looking forward to Kira Lewis being an under-rated but highly-valued starting PG in the near future. I wish more Pels players took offense to being scored on like he does.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle rules and it’s pretty mean to specifically poo poo talk Seattle in the nba thread tbh

Let me know when OKC has an autonomous zone because the cops fled a police precinct

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kingcobweb posted:

Seattle rules and it’s pretty mean to specifically poo poo talk Seattle in the nba thread tbh

Let me know when OKC has an autonomous zone because the cops fled a police precinct

Saying that last Sonics team had weird vibes doesn't really have anything to do with the city, the move was already an inevitability and the team was treading water with Durant and a bunch of nobodies

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Somewhat Heroic posted:

ESPN finally gave the Jazz the #1 spot on the power rankings and :feelsgood: but I have to say I am almost expecting the league to Shut It DownTM as soon as Lebron gets COVID. If the Jazz can maintain their health I could see them making it to the WCF at a minimum and possibly claiming the conference championship. I had the Lakers down as the one to win it all, but if Lebron tears off his member, or if AD isn't healthy? That is a totally different factor. Denver seems poised to be healthy enough to see it through this shortened season and so do the Jazz. The Clippers could make it through as well, and PG is definitely publishing his redemption story.

These next two weeks are going to be telling if my Jazz are pretenders or not. I hope they are not.

Who knows, maybe everyone getting covid early will be the deciding factor? Maybe DPOY Rudy gets the last laugh?

It's a drat shame that PG and Kawhi aren't 100% cause this series coming up would have been amazing. But maybe they'll be back in the lineup in time.

And hey, if the Jazz are the one's to stop the Lakers then I'm all in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1361432012809265155

Rewarding the league's best players with a mandatory work trip where they have to stay in their hotel the entire time

All Star Bubble

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The last year of the Sonics would've been the most blatant tank job ever had Hinkie not shown up and taken it to another level and then another level above that. Although I don't think "chase the fans off" was ever one of Hinkie's goals.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Whew, AD only a calf strain. I am glad they are going to ice him 2-3 weeks even though the team was pretty mediocre without him last week.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Bron has absolutely already been vaccinated

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a new study bible! posted:

hes vaccinated against old age and now hes prepared to innoculate himself against death itself. its time to talk to hubie

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1361443528660971527

lets go

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

a new study bible! posted:

There's no way lebron is going to chemical weapons mercury abortion baby himself below peak performance

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's no way lebron is going to chemical weapons mercury abortion baby himself below peak performance

LeBron James, who developed SARS-CoV-2 in a lab to buy himself extra rest will engineer the NBA covid rollout schedule so everyone gets their shots just before playing the Lakers in the playoffs to get him an edge. LeBron will simply refuse to contract the virus until after he wins a title

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/airbudspod/status/1361439644634603520?s=19

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Red Rox posted:

And hey, if the Jazz are the one's to stop the Lakers then I'm all in.

There is a lot of room on this bandwagon.

Is this the appropriate place to mock discuss this?
https://sports.ha.com/itm/2020-zion-williamson-nba-top-shot-rookie-debut-series-1-1-192/a/50038-81077.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

quote:

It's an exciting new frontier in the sports collectibles marketplace, so new, in fact, that we suspect many of you will be informed of its very existence by this auction listing. But this league-sanctioned product called "NBA Top Shots" has already built up a global following in the early months of its launch, the result being a booming market that is seeing top media from Forbes to Fortune heralding its rise.

The item itself is entirely virtual, exchanged through a blockchain format similar to Bitcoin in that regard but different in the sense that the traded components are valued according to their specific contents and rarity thereof. This product is effective ownership of a particular NBA play, with lower serial numbered examples considered more valuable than those with higher numbers.

and you can see this "virtual" card/clip? just normally and save yourself $29k https://www.nbatopshot.com/moment/HeritageSports+4a0841ce-46d8-4c7f-affd-016b53ae99d7

idk wtf this is.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Looks like a way to trick people out of their money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I could see him maybe taking a 60% buyout to go ring chase, but either way Detroit is screwed here.

Ring chase for who? This is not a situation where he is still good, just old so he can only do it for 15 minutes a game or something. The dude is awful, and provides almost nothing of value at this point.