Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I seem to remember these being popular in the eastern bloc but haven't seen any recently. Pretty bizarre.

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol at someone driving that fast in a snowstorm on the highway instead of like 15 mph
That's not 15 mph weather unless you're on summer tires, which this genius probably is. And certainly not rapidly changing lanes over snow ruts at almost 70 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Even OEM all-season tires can be worse in snow than all-seasons bought from a tire shop.

Also All-weather tires seem like a good compromise? I hadn't heard of them before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22pMODgh6bE

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dominic you rat!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Zero One posted:

Even OEM all-season tires can be worse in snow than all-seasons bought from a tire shop.

Also All-weather tires seem like a good compromise? I hadn't heard of them before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22pMODgh6bE

I've had good luck with "Severe snow service" rated tires with the 3 mountain icon. IIRC the thing that is most important with winter tires is rubber that stays elastic in the cold vs really aggressive tread.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

kntfkr posted:

Funniest story was he told some construction dudes to get out of a hole and a foreman came to argue about it and the hole collapsed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wmcD3aM8X4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Today I had to tell a contractor at the warehouse to use a loving ladder rather than just climbing up the goddamn shelving units. Like goddamn, do some tradesmen just have a loving death wish or something? What the hell.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/JheZ4Sl.gifv

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
What kind of lane markings are those? I've seen a lane split between "straight" and "exit" but never seen the left lane split into two exit lanes while the straight lane is marked as an exit, but you have to switch lanes to actually use the exit.

Even typing that out is confusing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Very common on highways in Australia.

The far left lane here would be "traffic must exit" and the second to left lane you would have a choice depending on whether you veered left at the split or continued straight.

The sign leading up to it would look like this, with the lane arrows being "must exit" and "can exit" on the far left and second from left.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Uthor posted:

What kind of lane markings are those? I've seen a lane split between "straight" and "exit" but never seen the left lane split into two exit lanes while the straight lane is marked as an exit, but you have to switch lanes to actually use the exit.

Even typing that out is confusing.

It's Australia.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
must exit / can exit is common in the US too

but that looks like must exit / holy poo poo change lanes at the last second to exit

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Bloop posted:

must exit / can exit is common in the US too

but that looks like must exit / holy poo poo change lanes at the last second to exit

The can exit lane splits into two, you're not changing lanes at all

Also there isn't normally a guy nearly getting splattered all over the off-ramp.

Some more off-ramp shenanigans, this view greeted me when I was coming home from the airport a few years ago.

Feel like there's something missing here...

Yeah, that'll do it.

Memento fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 15, 2021

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Lmao

"Oh, I've hosed up."

https://i.imgur.com/vPU7yCc.mp4

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

It doesnt look like AP was on for that tesla crash? Just an idiot going way too fast with probably the wrong tires.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol at someone driving that fast in a snowstorm on the highway instead of like 15 mph

we're just mobbing at 60 while your cars are doing 25 🤣🤣

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR6QOMioXk

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Holy poo poo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

lol yeah exact same thing opposite coast and twenty years prior

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Watching that I was thinking the bow thruster is not helping at all, and in the description yep, it's not helping.

I've been to that port (on a much smaller ship, on a much nicer day) and had a lovely time :)

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

A spicy meatball
https://twitter.com/atomicarchive/status/1288544466983432198

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is that what powered the Delorian?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Is that what powered the Delorian?

No, that was primarily cocaine.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A hot cinnamon piece of candy

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

A hot cinnamon piece of candy

Lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/IEWg24m.mp4

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Forbidden jawbreaker

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Everlasting Gobstopper

RobotCoupeDetat
Nov 3, 2020

PurpleXVI posted:

Today I had to tell a contractor at the warehouse to use a loving ladder rather than just climbing up the goddamn shelving units. Like goddamn, do some tradesmen just have a loving death wish or something? What the hell.

I go through this all the time with my two short prep cooks. So yeah, deathwish. Also I wish our 6'4" chef would stop putting heavy poo poo on the top shelf.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Holy hell this dude definitely has a few cracked neck bones now.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
How is he not dead from that?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kntfkr posted:

How is he not dead from that?

He kept his shoes on.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

May Contain Nuts posted:

This sounds like every class I took during my apprenticeship.

Probably something like ClickSafety or 360Training. We use those websites to recertify our folks and yea its absolutely miserable to get through. I do the 30 hour every few years just to give myself a refresher and sweet gently caress it drags on.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Doesn't taking 30 qualify you to teach 10?

Taking the OSHA 500 (construction standards) or 501 (general industry standards) course allows you to teach the OSHA 30 hour and 10 hour.

zedprime posted:

If nothing else be careful if it isn't immediately applicable to your day job because online hazwoper 40 doesn't technically give you a real hazwoper 40 cert your first time around. You need a practical hands on donning and doffing of a space suit and an incident drill to fulfill all requirements.

Instruction without hands on is technically a hazwoper 40 refresher. I keep saying technically because it's not like the OSHA man is going to pop out of the closet during an interview and say "not actually certified!"

Hazwoper 40 is going to be required for any position where you might work in the incident response team in an incident especially as a possible commander or someone answering to the commander, or planning of incident responses. If you aren't the one getting into the space suit or on the hook to become an incident commander ex. You're a safety professional helping document and plan incident responses, or someone who could be working in the cold zone during an incident, 24 hour is usually enough.

Thanks for the the information. I hadn't read anywhere that there was a hands on practical. Sounds like the 24 hour would be a better idea for me.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Boogalo posted:

Everlasting Gobstopper

It'll definitely last you for the rest of your life.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Deadliest Stretch

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/tzZDnse.gifv

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

It doesnt look like AP was on for that tesla crash? Just an idiot going way too fast with probably the wrong tires.

It wasn’t - the bottom left corner of the screen, if I’m reading it correctly, shows that driver assistance tech was off, that the driver was pressing the accelerator to keep the car traveling at 65+MPH until the car started to drift, and that they didn’t press the brake until the car was perpendicular to the median barrier.

Teslas offer single-pedal driving and regenerative braking, which might have contributed to the crash because the driver was used to the car handling braking for them more than it was going to or capable of.

But regardless of that, the driver alone was making some serious errors in judgment that would have been dangerous in any vehicle.

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 16, 2021

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Did someone sit up as that ended?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
E: bad joke

xtal fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Station wagons have had those awful seats for ages. It's the place I discovered that if I ride backwards I get almost immediately nauseated.

same