Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the basic concept of ride on king is the hyper-masculine public persona putin created as propaganda going on isekai adventures. naturally, this character bears no particular resemblance to the real putin.

it's a good manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another one for !Putin. Recent development has him learning how he can get back to earth and it's fitting for the series. He's going to ride a Triceratops/dragon down a lay line and once they hit 88mph we'll get to see some serious poo poo. But not before he finishes his diplomatic trip to the demon country.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that is what is known as "fan fiction". if you search for long enough you may be able to find traces of this obscure genre online.

Yeah, if I didn't have such a stupid brain I'd be reading more. But I can't visualize poo poo when I read it. That's why I'm reading manga most of the time.

Also people keep making wild stuff and that keeps my hope alive.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

the basic concept of ride on king is the hyper-masculine public persona putin created as propaganda going on isekai adventures. naturally, this character bears no particular resemblance to the real putin.

it's a good manga.

Honestly the thing that kept me from reading it was thinking it’d more closely resemble Actual Putin. I am now reading it and it’s pretty good and I hope it keeps aggressively refusing to make anyone horny for the 3000-year old Actual Child

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

oh my god loving elf pearls

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Honestly the thing that kept me from reading it was thinking it’d more closely resemble Actual Putin. I am now reading it and it’s pretty good and I hope it keeps aggressively refusing to make anyone horny for the 3000-year old Actual Child

Mors Rattus posted:

oh my god loving elf pearls
Author knows what he's doing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Brought To You By posted:

Author knows what he's doing.

Yeah this owns and I am glad y’all convinced me to read it

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Went through some more stuff, and found another series to recommend.

The Tanaka Family Reincarnates

quote:

An ordinary family that loves cats. One day, the whole Tanaka family died during a major earthquake. When they woke up, they were reincarnated as the Stuart family, a noble family from another world.

Though everyone is dressed in the Western style, they have memories of their previous Japanese lives. Even though they’re confused, they've gotten used to living in another world.
Normally I'd keep an eye on something like this and recommend it later when there's more than just a few chapters, but the premise here is unusual so I had to share.

A small warning, though. It doesn't have the best flow in these opening chapters, with it jumping around in time a bunch. I'm willing to give it a chance to find it's feet, though, since it's grabbed my interest.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

Went through some more stuff, and found another series to recommend.

The Tanaka Family Reincarnates

Normally I'd keep an eye on something like this and recommend it later when there's more than just a few chapters, but the premise here is unusual so I had to share.

A small warning, though. It doesn't have the best flow in these opening chapters, with it jumping around in time a bunch. I'm willing to give it a chance to find it's feet, though, since it's grabbed my interest.

Seeing her bug room made me think of wanting to see an isekai about making terrariums, aquarium, and other encolusures like that. A regular SoL manga about this would also be very welcome.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think this one fits here

Isekai Ojisan

A guy's Uncle wakes up from a 17 year coma claiming he was in another world, and quickly proves it. But instead of joining a group to save the world he kinda went solo cause he's a giant ugly nerd in a world filled with gorgeous hunks and ladies. It feels a lot like Konosuba, but instead of the uncle being a raging perv/rear end in a top hat like Kazuma he's actually a decent person, everyone else is an rear end in a top hat though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Anora posted:

he's actually a decent person, everyone else is an rear end in a top hat though.

A decent person would have stanned the SNES, not the Genesis.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Paracelsus posted:

A decent person would have stanned the SNES, not the Genesis.

That's where you're wrong.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Anora posted:

he's actually a decent person, everyone else is an rear end in a top hat though.

He's definitely a victim, not so sure on the decent person part. But definitely not a perv/creeper series in general, even if the faces make it seem that way every so often.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anything, he's not enough of a perv. the dude ruined everything by being so shy and socially awkward.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The first chapter where both of them mindwipe implies a tragic ending, and I gotta know wtf happened

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

if anything, he's not enough of a perv. the dude ruined everything by being so shy and socially awkward.

He missed out on society for almost two decades, if he knew where things would end up, he wouldn't be surprised that the elves from another dimension would be into humans.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Glad to see not-Marie Antoinette's reincarnation quest to avoid Mr. Guillotine is still getting updates.

https://mangadex.org/title/40472/tearmoon-empire-story

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I actually enjoy that one a bunch. It's got some great faces in it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

golden bubble posted:

Glad to see not-Marie Antoinette's reincarnation quest to avoid Mr. Guillotine is still getting updates.

https://mangadex.org/title/40472/tearmoon-empire-story

Now I'm sad because I thought that this post was saying that the one with Marie Antoinette's reincarnation quest to avoid Mr. Guillotine got an update. This one's good too though!

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

SubNat posted:

I mean, there is the (totally not and legally distinct)Putin one. https://mangadex.org/title/27202/the-ride-on-king
Haven't read it, so I dunno if it's more relevant for this or the other thread.

This poo poo is absolutely making my day so far; thanks for the recommendation! Currently watching some of the Davos coverage and every time Real Putin shows up I can’t help pretending he’s actually Not Putin just scouting around for cool stuff to ride/judo flip.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 14, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This baseball Isekai has devolved into full on bullying.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Brought To You By posted:

This baseball Isekai has devolved into full on bullying.

I thought he was going to just intentionally walk her to mess with her. This is good too

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

thetoughestbean posted:

I thought he was going to just intentionally walk her to mess with her. This is good too

We aren’t deep in enough to get to intentional walk strats. That’s like an arc four trick.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

New chapter for The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass.

I like how Aria might have been furious at first toward Veri, but she's actually willing to let her live in exchange for Veri helping her frame Mielle's head maid. A more generic isekai/time travel protag would have just killed Veri without blinking an eye, but Aria's providing Veri with food and transportation to go live as far away as possible. It really adds credence to the idea that Aria is a decent person who only wears a mask of being a manipulative villainess in order to fight against the people who drove her to her death in the previous timeline.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

amigolupus posted:

New chapter for The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass.

I like how Aria might have been furious at first toward Veri, but she's actually willing to let her live in exchange for Veri helping her frame Mielle's head maid. A more generic isekai/time travel protag would have just killed Veri without blinking an eye, but Aria's providing Veri with food and transportation to go live as far away as possible. It really adds credence to the idea that Aria is a decent person who only wears a mask of being a manipulative villainess in order to fight against the people who drove her to her death in the previous timeline.

Well, she set up the cart to convince her anyway. It remains to be seen if she can actually get her out of this immediate situation safely.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Was it framed or truth? The head maids expression made it looked like the truth as she already knew what Veri was going to say.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mors Rattus posted:

We aren’t deep in enough to get to intentional walk strats. That’s like an arc four trick.

I don't follow baseball, but isn't that against the rules? If it wasn't than any good batter would just be walked by the pitcher right leaving only the bad batters to actually progress the bases?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't follow baseball, but isn't that against the rules? If it wasn't than any good batter would just be walked by the pitcher right leaving only the bad batters to actually progress the bases?

Nah, intentional walks are a strategic move, they’re just not liked by fans. There’s just not a ton of batters who are scary enough that most pitchers will need it. Even a really good batter typically only hits one in three pitches, after all. The game favors the pitcher heavily and intentional walks only come out against really, really scary batters.

E: for example, Barry Bonds. Here’s a fun video exploring that fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

E2: the other reason you don’t see it a lot is that one really good player can’t save a team. You use the intentional walk in key moments, because even if there’s one dude who can hit grand slams regularly, baseball is a sport where that can still lose games if the rest of the team can’t keep up.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 17, 2021

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mors Rattus posted:

Nah, intentional walks are a strategic move, they’re just not liked by fans. There’s just not a ton of batters who are scary enough that most pitchers will need it. Even a really good batter typically only hits one in three pitches, after all. The game favors the pitcher heavily and intentional walks only come out against really, really scary batters.

E2: the other reason you don’t see it a lot is that one really good player can’t save a team. You use the intentional walk in key moments, because even if there’s one dude who can hit grand slams regularly, baseball is a sport where that can still lose games if the rest of the team can’t keep up.

If I recall, this became really plot relevant in Silver Spoon.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nitrousoxide posted:

Intentional walks were also formalised in such a way that you don't even need to just throw a bunch of balls, you just signal that you're intentionally walking them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

I didn't realize that Barry Bonds had achieved baseball enlightenment.
code:
   The greatest deed is to refrain from action
         The essence of speech is silence
   The ultimate in baseball requires no swing
  Komori nashi de aruku (To walk without a bat)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think there should be an otome game that has a New Game Plus which puts you in the role of the villainess; it has to be a NG+ mode so that you get the authentic experience of knowing about the game before being thrust into her role.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I think there should be an otome game that has a New Game Plus which puts you in the role of the villainess; it has to be a NG+ mode so that you get the authentic experience of knowing about the game before being thrust into her role.

God this would be great.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Isn’t that the premise of Death And Buying Slaves Is the Only Ending For the Villainess?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Give me a strategy RPG game with Otome game elements that's a crossover between all the various Villainess manga that are currently out there.

Super Villainess Wars.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

W.T. Fits posted:

Give me a strategy RPG game with Otome game elements that's a crossover between all the various Villainess manga that are currently out there.

Super Villainess Wars.

I would buy but only as long as Sangar and Elzam make guest appearances in full Victorian garb including corsets.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AtomikKrab posted:

I would buy but only as long as Sangar and Elzam make guest appearances in full Victorian garb including corsets.

Sangar could probably be talked into wearing a corset because it holds your organs in place.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Buta Koushaku ni Tensei Shitakara, Kondo wa Kimi ni Suki to Iitai

I've been reading it lately, and it's quite good. MC is watching an anime and wakes up the next day as the 'Piggy duke' - A side character in an anime he likes. The Piggy Duke is widely hated as being a fat, terrible character who abuses his power and authority and is a complete rear end. But at the same time he's got good reason for acting like he does, and in reality he's a very kind and devoted guy. The character has a tragic story in the anime (Lost love, not lost life), so the MC decides to try to avoid the tragedy and aim for a happier ending.

https://mangadex.org/title/24206/buta-koushaku-ni-tensei-shitakara-kondo-wa-kimi-ni-suki-to-iitai

It's quite interesting, no slavery, only the mildest of fanservice, an MC who's really likable despite not being the protagonist of the anime. There's plenty of action, plenty of fights and magic and so on. I'd highly recommend giving it a look to anyone who's looking for a fun new series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Anora posted:

I think this one fits here

Isekai Ojisan

A guy's Uncle wakes up from a 17 year coma claiming he was in another world, and quickly proves it. But instead of joining a group to save the world he kinda went solo cause he's a giant ugly nerd in a world filled with gorgeous hunks and ladies. It feels a lot like Konosuba, but instead of the uncle being a raging perv/rear end in a top hat like Kazuma he's actually a decent person, everyone else is an rear end in a top hat though.

Funny thing was when I was looking at a chapter it definitely takes a stab at the usual tropes Isekai has. It helped washed off the bad taste Mushoku tensei had in my mouth.