Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big boi posted:

They're doing an unbelievable job staving off Sixers run after Sixers run

It's just an insane offense right now.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm a small petty man but I get tremendous satisfaction seeing hedge fund dude bro get left out in the cold after Seattle people kept raving about what a great ownership group he put together and how the league really wants to bring them into the fold

Also seeing David Stern dunk on that Chris Daniels guy

WhyteRyce posted:

Sometimes r/nba has good stuff

https://streamable.com/g4kquq

Just a brutal sequence of posts here

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Is Jordan Clarkson for 4 years at 14 mil the best contract in baskerball?

No, that would be LeBron James

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Algund Eenboom posted:

Just a brutal sequence of posts here

Stern telling a bunch of Seattle media people that he has to cut short a press conference about why Seattle isn’t getting the Kings because he has to catch a playoff game in OKC is god tier stuff

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

He makes more money than Luka right now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1361554890007355393

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He's completely correct. Watch him get fined

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tell 'em Dray.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Here's I think a full version.

https://twitter.com/NBCSWarriors/status/1361560529333088256

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He's up there, but sixth men are usually pretty easy to get for an okay price. I'd say the non rookie contract (Luka for instance)easy winner is Christian Wood, who's roughly playing at a 2nd team/3rd team all NBA level at 14m/yr for 3 years.

It grinds my gears that he's not a Detroit Piston. Imagine if they had he and Wood, this team would only need to hit on a PG and fill out the rotation, to be a playoff team. He could have signed for 20m/yr and be massively outplaying it. Troy Weaver you fool.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 16, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Yeah Wood is unbelievable this year, I imagine he's going to be asking to re-do his deal this summer

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Draymond just putting on a clinic tonight

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paperback Writer posted:

Draymond just putting on a clinic tonight

Draymond is the best aftergame interview in the NBA by a country mile

the 16 assists tonight were ok too

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol drat that John Wall Top Shot sold immediately for $150 hahahaha I paid like $2.80 for it GET IN ON THIS poo poo!

EDIT wouldn't be surprised if they buy your first moment automatically to get you hooked. I've put that LeBron 3-pointer up for $150 we'll see what happens.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 16, 2021

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Red Rox posted:

lol drat that John Wall Top Shot sold immediately for $150 hahahaha I paid like $2.80 for it GET IN ON THIS poo poo!

EDIT wouldn't be surprised if they buy your first moment automatically to get you hooked. I've put that LeBron 3-pointer up for $150 we'll see what happens.

What is this service? I clicked and I'm more confused.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It’s called NBA Top Shot. It’s like card collecting but it’s all digital highlight clips instead of cards. And you can trade the clips on a blockchain marketplace - so you need to sign up to a blockchain thing called Dapper.

You can buy clips directly from the marketplace but it’s way better to wait until they release a ‘pack’ of clips like a pack of cards. Today I got lucky and was online when they released a pack of 5 clips for $14. They seem to still be testing their systems and this was their biggest release of 50,000 at once. You have to join a queue and then once it’s your turn you have 15 min to complete the purchase.

It’s genius because the packs they sell prob cost them gently caress all to make and they make a killing back - today they sold 50,000 digital packs at $14 each. And then they take a small cut of every sale on the marketplace, so they’re double dipping!

It’s all complete bullshit and I prob just got lucky. My Taytum clip sold for $7, the RJ Barret and Otto Porter clips are only selling at $2-$4 each. But the Wall clips sold for $158 (the marketplace kept $8) and if the Lebron one sells for $148 that’s $300 from a $14 pack.

Use this link to sign up if you want: https://www.nbatopshot.com/r/Red_Rox

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 16, 2021

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dray making me like him a little.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1361559759929937921?s=19

👁

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It's wild that Lebron purposefully injured AD in order to increase his MVP odds

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Drummond is sitting because he's started showing zero effort on the court and is just making GBS threads up the offense. He wasn't showing up and being professional, as Draymond implies.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Ben simmons could have scored 50 points last night, but didn't

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah Wood is unbelievable this year, I imagine he's going to be asking to re-do his deal this summer

You can't redo contracts in the NBA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Stevie Lee posted:

really 40 points is even more impressive when you take the last ten minutes of the game off

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You can but you won't ever see it done due to a player's performance. That would open up a massive can of worms that neither the NBAPA or the owners want to deal with.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

You can but you won't ever see it done due to a player's performance. That would open up a massive can of worms that neither the NBAPA or the owners want to deal with.

Pretty sure you only can through extending a 4 year deal in year 3 and replacing the final year. Unless I'm forgetting something?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You can! But it's rare, and the contract needs to be longer (4+ years), so Wood can't renogiate.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q59

And you can only give raises and the CBA has clauses to punish players for extended sit outs, so you usually don't see guys angle for this as much.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Red Rox posted:

It’s called NBA Top Shot. It’s like card collecting but it’s all digital highlight clips instead of cards. And you can trade the clips on a blockchain marketplace - so you need to sign up to a blockchain thing called Dapper.

You can buy clips directly from the marketplace but it’s way better to wait until they release a ‘pack’ of clips like a pack of cards. Today I got lucky and was online when they released a pack of 5 clips for $14. They seem to still be testing their systems and this was their biggest release of 50,000 at once. You have to join a queue and then once it’s your turn you have 15 min to complete the purchase.

It’s genius because the packs they sell prob cost them gently caress all to make and they make a killing back - today they sold 50,000 digital packs at $14 each. And then they take a small cut of every sale on the marketplace, so they’re double dipping!

It’s all complete bullshit and I prob just got lucky. My Taytum clip sold for $7, the RJ Barret and Otto Porter clips are only selling at $2-$4 each. But the Wall clips sold for $158 (the marketplace kept $8) and if the Lebron one sells for $148 that’s $300 from a $14 pack.

Like, go get that money and all, but this is some of the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard of.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
They should not play the Pistons Mavs game in Dallas tonight.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Stevie Lee posted:

I have said it before, but everyone gets their career high against the Jazz. It was at least fortunate to see the Jazz win. This year they look so much different than the past two years where games got away from them and they were never able to claw back.

Now it is just heave 50 threes and assume 40+% are going in. I like this current iteration very much.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's up there, but sixth men are usually pretty easy to get for an okay price. I'd say the non rookie contract (Luka for instance)easy winner is Christian Wood, who's roughly playing at a 2nd team/3rd team all NBA level at 14m/yr for 3 years.

It grinds my gears that he's not a Detroit Piston. Imagine if they had he and Wood, this team would only need to hit on a PG and fill out the rotation, to be a playoff team. He could have signed for 20m/yr and be massively outplaying it. Troy Weaver you fool.

They got Jerami Grant instead for a similar role, on a slightly bigger but still good deal, and he also seems to be outplaying his contract and I think was the better bet to do so.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Red Rox posted:

Thank you for your service.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

lol blockchain jesus christ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey can whoever does the cool dunk .gifs please do the one Anthony Edwards had on Sunday against the Raptors with about 2 minutes left in the third, TIA

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1361702595316899843?s=20

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
can't wait to buy some dortcoin

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

can't wait to buy some dortcoin

arcidiacoino

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I made several hundred bucks on loving dogecoin the other week. It's total nonsense but hey, free money.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

They really should stop crowing so loudly every time they have a week virus free because so far weeks like this follow.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

pop got the vaccine right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

IcePhoenix posted:

Hey can whoever does the cool dunk .gifs please do the one Anthony Edwards had on Sunday against the Raptors with about 2 minutes left in the third, TIA

Also, could you encrypt it as a blockchain so we can sell it for a hundred bucks to sad weirdos.