Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE is loving evil and I’m astounded anyone still gives them money

With only the hardcore old people base left at this point I doubt there's anything they could do to shake them

Unless they suddenly start pushing democrat talking points I think the current viewers are in it until they die of old age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Cant talk about your friends in other companies
Cant talk about how all your friends in different companies get to play with each other
Cant play video games on twitch
Cant make social media posts that might make you money outside your contract
Cant work anywhere else despite being an independent contractor
Extend your contract for injury
Embarrass you on live TV
Take the love you have for your career
Destroy your knees

hell yea sign me up for another 5

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Just happy to be here, why yes I’d love to lose to Jeff Hardy on main event

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tweak posted:

Cant talk about your friends in other companies
Cant talk about how all your friends in different companies get to play with each other
Cant play video games on twitch
Cant make social media posts that might make you money outside your contract
Cant work anywhere else despite being an independent contractor
Extend your contract for injury
Embarrass you on live TV
Take the love you have for your career
Destroy your knees

hell yea sign me up for another 5

Don't forget "can be fired by us at our whims, with minimal notice."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that might not count since aew or anyone else can do it and chose to go that route thanks to wwe's lead

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it gets exponentially funnier every time WWE wrestlers sign another contract. In two years WWE will install tracking microchips in all their talent, pay them in company scrip and force them to live in tents outside the Performance Center and they'll still sign another five year deal

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.wweperformancecenter.com/#!/journey

Just look at all the success stories!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It’s a good thing noted WWE trained superstar Finn Balor came up through the performance centre system, he was awful before they got him

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

vince is like a more evil mr burns, so this doesnt surprise me

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i've heard that when a new wrestler signs with the WWE, they get a pug puppy as a free bonus. but 3 months later, the WWE asks the new wrestlers to kill their pug puppy to prove their loyalty. and so far, everyone has killed the pug puppy when asked.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

They legitimately claim Asuka, Finn Balor, and Sami Zayn as WWE Performance Centre success stories.

Also, they claim Bo Dallas as a success story, (hehe), and show that he spent close to 6 years there (Oct. 08 - May. 16)

Edit: I looked further down and they have testimonials. Finns says "Yeah I have been trained and worked elsewhere for 14 years, but the WWE trained me good and right. YAY WWE!"

I hope he is getting paid a lot of money for that.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 16, 2021

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

They legitimately claim Asuka, Finn Balor, and Sami Zayn as WWE Performance Centre success stories.

Also, they claim Bo Dallas as a success story, (hehe), and show that he spent close to 6 years there (Oct. 08 - May. 16)

Taya Valkyrie is reporting to the performance center and will be on NXT.

She is clearly awful. At 37 years old.

She needs the training.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Old holdover rule from when JR was in charge of talent relations

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Old holdover rule from when JR was in charge of talent relations

Dark!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

it gets exponentially funnier every time WWE wrestlers sign another contract. In two years WWE will install tracking microchips in all their talent, pay them in company scrip and force them to live in tents outside the Performance Center and they'll still sign another five year deal
You joke, but doesn't WWE literally have a real estate agent they work with who puts people in homes that they can juuuuuuuuuust afford on their WWE downside to entice them to stay?

Edit: I looked further down and they have testimonials. Finns says "Yeah I have been trained and worked elsewhere for 14 years, but the WWE trained me good and right. YAY WWE!"

I hope he is getting paid a lot of money for that.
About that...

https://www.sescoops.com/2021/02/update-on-how-much-nxt-talent-are-paid/

quote:

“They are above that,” Meltzer said when asked if top stars in NXT are making in the $50-75 grand a year range. “They are not getting $250-300K or anything like that. Balor I’m sure is but I don’t think anyone else is.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/YTAlexReynolds/status/1361475279508619265?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Do it ironically posted:

It’s a good thing noted WWE trained superstar Finn Balor came up through the performance centre system, he was awful before they got him

Duke Pukem posted:

vince is like a more evil mr burns, so this doesnt surprise me

The PC is the Softball team.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m hearing WWE is now looking to hire in-house thought police so they can curb any thoughtcrime its talent might be guilty of in the future

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure it wouldnt be the first time Vince has asked for a Minority Report

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Also Nakamura and Almas

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So do the Q-Anon charities get a pass? I'm curious to see what happens.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brandi is really really good at this stuff. Her replies in the thread are super professional, I wonder how much of a marketing background she has because she's excellent at it.

She’s got a communications degree and a master’s in broadcast journalism. I don’t know how much on the ground marketing experience she had before this but she’s got the education for it

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Orange Carlisle posted:

:discourse:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

StarkRavingMad posted:

She’s got a communications degree and a master’s in broadcast journalism. I don’t know how much on the ground marketing experience she had before this but she’s got the education for it

I forget the organization, but when she was on Renee’s podcast she talked about how she was a director of marketing for like two years or so before she moved to broadcasting.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Noted WWE Performance Center trainees Tommy End, La Sombra, Garza Jr, Uhaa Nation, Kana, Austin Theory, Rebecca Knox, Jessie McKay, KC Cassidy, Robert Roode, Laurel Van Ness, Drew Galloway, Athena, War Machine, Prince Devitt, Ultimo Ninja, Kairi Hojo, Keith Lee, Samuray del Sol, Kevin Steen, Big Damo, Matt Riddle, Nikki Storm, Biff Busick, Ricochet, Heidi Lovelace, El Generico, Samoa Joe, Shayna Baszler, Shinsuke Nakamura.

I'd ask if they had no shame, but those loving jackals don't even know the meaning of the word.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The list of wrestlers who got tangibly better when they reached WWE is almost universally women and even then some got worse. Sasha Banks improved a lot but was still really young (despite a few years on the indies), debatable Becky Lynch too but only because she retired real loving young and was seen as a "what might have been" before coming back. Charlotte is the clearest case as she got good very fast and probably should've won Most Improved that one year but she stagnated and then regressed hard.

Apart from that everyones gotten worse. Billie Kay was an actual worker on the indies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Orange Carlisle posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1361547288095510528?s=21

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

johnny simpyyyyyy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's a big night for Simps.

https://twitter.com/CasterShow/status/1361545392949780484

You could even call AEW fans "THE SIMPSONS!!!"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ItohRespectArmy posted:

johnny simpyyyyyy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Friendship ended with :wardlow:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And they said there was no one who could fill the shoes of the Exalted One

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

That’s really cool. It definitely shows.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m hearing WWE is now looking to hire in-house thought police so they can curb any thoughtcrime its talent might be guilty of in the future

That's literally just the Performance Center coaches, lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lid posted:

The PC is the Softball team.
We'll give them token jobs at the PC and have them perform on the main roster. Orville Brown, Lou Thesz, and George "Farmer" Burns...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First step to joining the PC, make sure you post a lot about how much you hate your fans

https://twitter.com/corajadewwe/status/1361556309259280384?s=21

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1361588976323289091?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ICR posted:

First step to joining the PC, make sure you post a lot about how much you hate your fans

https://twitter.com/corajadewwe/status/1361556309259280384?s=21

I'd be surprised that she'd have any given how weak her performance was on AEW Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I'd be surprised that she'd have any given how weak her performance was on AEW Dark

I had no idea who she even was until I saw the little tiny coffin. That's all I remember about her.