Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Also vox does not works with the linux version, irrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Civ VI is fun once you get into the mindset of breaking the game using bullshit strats.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also vox does not works with the linux version, irrc

Until and unless someone builds its DLLs on Linux or macOS, it will not be compatible with Linux or macOS, correct.

As frustrating as it is for VI's SDK to not be out (still), I appreciate that I don't have to worry about whether a given mod is actually going to work on my platform.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

You are all liars. 5 and 6 both suck as the last Civ you can MP is 4

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Civ 4 is supreme because I can play on huge maps and my computer doesn't burst in flames.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Civ 4 is supreme because I can play on huge maps and my computer doesn't burst in flames.
And the AI turns don't take forever.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm still on my Civ 4 tear. The turns seem nearly instantaneous. And the AI isn't dumber than a goldfish.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/civgame/status/1361706915332431876?s=21

Free update adds a civ picker and barbarian clans mode: you can pay ransom to barbarians, hire them to attack other civs, and they can eventually turn into city states if you keep them around long enough.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ixnay posted:

Free update adds a civ picker and barbarian clans mode: you can pay ransom to barbarians, hire them to attack other civs, and they can eventually turn into city states if you keep them around long enough.

Sounds awesome (didint watch the video)

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

A Civ picker is long overdue but still happy that they're putting it in.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
This sounds loving amazing, holy poo poo.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

assume they’ll be fixing the corporation tourism bug, corps/barbs both seem like game modes I’ll be keeping on by default

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dang that Barbarian Clans mode sounds super nice. Seems to be taking a page from games like Endless Legend or Old World, maybe even some well known previous Civ mods. I wonder if we'll know which City-State they'll turn into of if it's random.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Organic Lube User posted:

I'm still on my Civ 4 tear. The turns seem nearly instantaneous. And the AI isn't dumber than a goldfish.

This is my number one complaint with civ5/6. The only challenge is racing the AI so they don't fill up their buckets before you. You never have to worry about a military threat which should be a pretty important part of the game!

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
I think the problem with Civ5/6 AI in comparison to 4 is that the latter has more powerful tools that are easier to use.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Sounds like the people complaining about the AI will have one less thing to complain about if the new expansion truly does make the AI use planes/anti-air more.

Civ picker is great. Getting to cut out Monte/Trajan/Genghis from games where I want to have the chance at a more peaceful game will be great.

Barbarian clan mode could be the start of something great, I hope they can balance the later benefits with something to offset the desire to just take out the camp right away. Maybe the best part is that those barb camps on unscouted islands will turn into a useful city state by the time someone finds them.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 16, 2021

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

That free update sounds amazing. I'd have paid for that Clans mode but it's freeeee

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Monte is easy to keep happy just sell him luxuries.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
I've been bumrushed by Wilhelmina more times than I've ever been by Montezuma.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
honestly the civs I'm most likely to cut is Australia and others like them that are just too good at running away with the game with enormous population/science/production if they start far enough away from you because their abilities are easy mode

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ixnay posted:

:aaa: yessssssss

I fully expect the implementation on barbs to suck poo poo but this bodes very well for Civ 7 imo

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Pretty much went "hell yes" at every word of this update. Sounds like a fun mode, and a much needed buff to Cliffs of Dover! Time to play Victoria or Eleanor on a true start earth

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

John F Bennett posted:

civ 4 is supreme because team wonders

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Man that update looks awesome. Can’t wait.

All these game modes make the one city challenge a little easier. A hero, a secret society, some corporations, and paying barbs to gently caress up your enemies. gently caress I can’t wait to use some battleship/infantry barbs to gently caress up a neighbor.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’ll try not to look too much into them saying “last update of the season” somewhere in there. But I’d really like another season unless CiVII is somehow right around the corner.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Anno posted:

I’ll try not to look too much into them saying “last update of the season” somewhere in there. But I’d really like another season unless CiVII is somehow right around the corner.

I would absolutely buy another pass if it had the same quality as the current one.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

homullus posted:

I would absolutely buy another pass if it had the same quality as the current one.

:same:

I also like having one of two new things a month because it makes me branch out and try new civs or modes I'd normally skip.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Civ works well as an expanding sandbox, imo. Just give me lots of Civs obviously, but also game modes, options etc. Keep piling that poo poo on.

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
I think Civ 4 is the best Civ for the following reasons:

1. It was the only game in the series to create an interesting choice between tall vs. wide gameplay.
2. The diplomacy in both Civ 5 and Civ 6 makes no sense because of both erratic AI and dull gameplay systems (any mods that fix this?)
3. Civ 4 had the most robust mod base and so basically an eternal lifespan.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

prometheusbound2 posted:

I think Civ 4 is the best Civ for the following reasons:

1. It was the only game in the series to create an interesting choice between tall vs. wide gameplay.
2. The diplomacy in both Civ 5 and Civ 6 makes no sense because of both erratic AI and dull gameplay systems (any mods that fix this?)
3. Civ 4 had the most robust mod base and so basically an eternal lifespan.

The Beyond Earth LP last year(?) caused me to reinstall and do s few playthroughs. It wasn't as bad as I remember even if it still feels like a high production civ 5 mod. However, after districts I just can't go back to having every building invisibly stacked in the city center. Maybe it's because I play in lower difficulties as a map painter but all the previous games just feel way too boring.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Strong civ II energy in the guy dressed up as the barbarian

they should add those back

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
FMVs are dead unfortunately, but yeah every time I've started playing a new civ game, I can't help but be dissapointed that the advisors are nowhere near as entertaining as they were in Civ II. And that's if they have a personality at all.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

final season should just be low budget fmvs for all the leaders

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

final season should just be low budget fmvs for all the leaders

Final season should bring back fmv advisors

And the palace

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Glass of Milk posted:

Final season should bring back fmv advisors

And the palace

Not even new recordings. Just rip it straight out of Civ2.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Not even new recordings. Just rip it straight out of Civ2.
hell yeah bring back the rear end in a top hat economic advisor

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Stefan Prodan posted:

hell yeah bring back the rear end in a top hat economic advisor

Let's be honest with ourselves. The only advisor people want is Elvis.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

berryjon posted:

Let's be honest with ourselves. The only advisor people want is Elvis.
Can you blame people for wanting entertainment?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

I agree with the advisors but god, do I miss those wonder videos. Chills every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Problems aside, Civ 6 is the best civ ever if you, like me, plays it like a sandbox empire builder