Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
One of the most satisfying and effective laws was the one where they forced all email ads to have an unsubscribe button at the bottom (I feel like that's the result of a law and not just good de facto corporate policy) I love to unsubscribe from emails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People are dunking on Texas politicians all over twitter but I doubt any of them lost power

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1361673752807940097

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Pron on VHS posted:

One of the most satisfying and effective laws was the one where they forced all email ads to have an unsubscribe button at the bottom (I feel like that's the result of a law and not just good de facto corporate policy) I love to unsubscribe from emails

I don't think the unsubscribe button does anything except confirm your email address is still valid (to put on 100 other lists that whatever spammer is affiliated with).

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dirty shrimp money posted:

Per the news only 10 to 15% of folks are getting their lights back today.

Texas has failed at the most basic caveman level of governance - keep the fires going in the caves. Whole drat thing should be thrown out.

Ours was off like 8 hours yesterday, came in long enough to cook dinner and then out for 13ish overnight. Just came back on. I don't trust it sticking. I've at least had time to make hot tea and read the forums.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

saintonan posted:

I don't think the unsubscribe button does anything except confirm your email address is still valid (to put on 100 other lists that whatever spammer is affiliated with).

If the organization is a legit business that is following CAN-SPAM rules "unsubscribing" will work.

If it's some scummy spam company selling dick pills or whatever and you click that "unsubscribe" button congratulations you now will get even more spam as they will add your email address to a list of known active emails and sell it to a bunch of other scrummy spammers.

Bottom line, feel free to use the unsubscribe from legit companies that you know, but anything you should just mark spam.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want you to know that reading this on the awful ap on iPhone formats this so that it says “how many hobbits do you think you could gently caress” on its own line.

Now that's what I call bringing a new meaning to "hobbit hole" :haw:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why

https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1361691807516483590

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Maybe I asked this once before, but does anyone have a recommendation on wifi routers? I get 100/10 from my ISP, so I don't need anything capable of doing like a gig or something. My current one works ok, but ports on the router are starting to go bad if I want to hardwire in, and it seems like every other day I have to reset it. Time to get a new one before it totally craps out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

People are dunking on Texas politicians all over twitter but I doubt any of them lost power

The people who deserve to suffer some small inconveniences never do, while...yeah other people get a little more than an inconvenience.

Speaking of which, just got power back from an apparently planned rolling blackout which they did decide to do eventually. Was worried they wouldn't get things back on, but it was only an hour longer than they originally claimed it would be.

e: that came off snarkier than I meant it to, I feel pretty lucky all in all.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 16, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Made it like 3 episodes into The Expanse and realized I hadn't paid attention to like half of it and gave up. Just not for me I guess

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Because it’s easier to cash in on existing IP than actually produce new things.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Maybe I asked this once before, but does anyone have a recommendation on wifi routers? I get 100/10 from my ISP, so I don't need anything capable of doing like a gig or something. My current one works ok, but ports on the router are starting to go bad if I want to hardwire in, and it seems like every other day I have to reset it. Time to get a new one before it totally craps out.

I bought the TP-Link Archer C4000 from Costco and that thing blasts out our signal all over the house. I can even get our wifi signal at my sister's house across the street around 50 yards away.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

There are tons of trilogies and Toy Story is clearly the best one

It's unironically the new Planet of the Apes trilogy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

I bought the TP-Link Archer C4000 from Costco and that thing blasts out our signal all over the house. I can even get our wifi signal at my sister's house across the street around 50 yards away.

Thanks, going to get one now.

Nov 6, 2002

If we're allowed to ignore 4th movies the best trilogy is Toy Story followed closely by Indiana Jones.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Made it like 3 episodes into The Expanse and realized I hadn't paid attention to like half of it and gave up. Just not for me I guess

I had a similar experience. I got to the beginning of the second season and was just so disinterested and bored. I can see why some people would like it. But man, there are a lot of things that are just boring about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife originally picked a midwifery to give birth.

The place decided to suddenly close down after 20 years leaving a bunch of pregnant women hanging.

So now we’re trying to find an OB and no one will take her because she’s too pregnant for a transfer.

pretty cool situation :coolfish:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If we're allowed to ignore 4th movies the best trilogy is Toy Story followed closely by Indiana Jones.

4th movie? There was no Indiana Jones after Last Crusade.

Indiana Jones is the best trilogy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Samadhi posted:

Isn't it a quadrilogy

Well poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ehud posted:

The place decided to suddenly close down after 20 years leaving a bunch of pregnant women hanging.

So now we’re trying to find an OB and no one will take her because she’s too pregnant for a transfer.

Have her position like a center and just be prepared to catch

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

I wouldn't go so far as best but it is absolutely the most underrated/unsung trilogy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Literally my exact viewing experience except now folks will tell you that you have to finish season 1.

There are a few genuinely good moments - they got a few Thomas Jane monologues in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bill and Ted is a trilogy now where does it rank

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Have her position like a center and just be prepared to catch

lol she’s so frustrated that she’s talking about a home birth

I’m trying to be open to what she wants because she’s the one giving birth

But fuuuuuuuck that

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

I will deliver your child.

For real PM me your specific location and I will back channel as hard as I can.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

I was kinda blown away by how much I liked the first two. Still have to watch the third one. I only recently watched them by almost accident so agreed with you here and the above poster who said they are criminally underrated.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There are people in this world that need the poo poo kicked out of them

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1360540959520542720?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just saw that and was extremely mad the video wasn't posted by @30SecFights.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Intruder posted:

Bill and Ted is a trilogy now where does it rank

Underneath the ground after the latest one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

That's awesome.

This is a Febreeze comic waiting to happen.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

The amount of patience the employee has is unreal. I would have absolutely lost my poo poo on that guy.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Anti mask man has the smug confidence of someone who's never been punched in the face

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

I love how even the second part easily reads as a joke.

If ehud had backchanneled he wouldn't be in this situation!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Man the mental state of that guy is right on his face as he realizes everyone hates him. Dudes got insane privilege if he’s confident enough to go around shoving/physically assaulting a room full of fit people. Yikes.

The silver lining is that employee showed hes got ninja patience

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Just deliver at the SC statehouse since our lege is full of amateur obstetricians.

Guze posted:

Anti mask man has the smug confidence of someone who's never been punched in the face

Or completed leg day

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

The amount of patience the employee has is unreal. I would have absolutely lost my poo poo on that guy.

On a grumpy day it wouldn't have taken a lot for me to not step in there where the gym employee couldn't. Especially after he shoved the gym employee multiple times.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Reading through the thread that guy is totally going to return with a gun to shoot up that place.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't find it now but I read somewhere that anti-mask guy is the one that called the cops. They showed up and arrested him.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man the mental state of that guy is right on his face as he realizes everyone hates him. Dudes got insane privilege if he’s confident enough to go around shoving/physically assaulting a room full of fit people. Yikes.

One of my secret fears is a fight in a gym due to the number of heavy things with corners and edges that people could get smashed into.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

They want you to lose their poo poo. The thing that these little petty tyrants hate the most is not being taken seriously. The most devastating thing the worker could have said to that guy is "there now do you feel better" in a condescending tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That dude is about 80 pounds underweight to be carrying that kind of confidence.