Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Disgusting that he would flaunt the rules against plugging third parties. WWE owns his likeness this must stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t really like Randy but I do respect how few fucks he gives

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

I don’t really like Randy but I do respect how few fucks he gives

I truly admire his inability to care. It’s great.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ICR posted:

First step to joining the PC, make sure you post a lot about how much you hate your fans

https://twitter.com/corajadewwe/status/1361556309259280384?s=21

Man what the hell happened at that Dark taping to make her so salty

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

inthesto posted:

Man what the hell happened at that Dark taping to make her so salty

She didn't get the rocket strapped to her, brother.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Money talks

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1361667679489261568?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Must be fun sharing a locker room with a whole load of guys named in #SpeakingOut when you were one of the victims speaking out

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

good luck i guess

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Rarity posted:

Must be fun sharing a locker room with a whole load of guys named in #SpeakingOut when you were one of the victims speaking out

At least Travis is gone, hopefully forever.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ah, that sucks. She is amazing and isn't going to get the chance to show it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rarity posted:

:thumbsdown:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

:(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m extremely confused by the signing. Insanely confused actually. Not my place to judge or anything but seriously, what the gently caress?

I am going to assume, just assume:

1) Money is the factor
2) VISA? Is UK only place she can work?

May have been her only option and well, the compromise is here.

I’m just amazed and personally can’t grasp how I could share a locker room, as a victim, with at least 5 other abusers that we know of.

I don’t know. I just really don’t know or get it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can't really blame any British wrestlers for signing with WWE when the combo of NXT UK, COVID and Speaking Out has pretty much killed the BritWres scene. Her only other possible options would be AEW or Impact and there was no indication either of them were interested and they're require moving to another country during a pandemic anyway.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ICR posted:

I’m extremely confused by the signing. Insanely confused actually. Not my place to judge or anything but seriously, what the gently caress?

I am going to assume, just assume:

1) Money is the factor
2) VISA? Is UK only place she can work?

May have been her only option and well, the compromise is here.

I’m just amazed and personally can’t grasp how I could share a locker room, as a victim, with at least 5 other abusers that we know of.

I don’t know. I just really don’t know or get it.

I kind of feel like this, but at the same time, I feel like by taking it she’s showing said abusers that they aren’t going to run her and other people like her out of the industry now even though they seem to have gotten away with the poo poo they were accused of doing.

It’s a complicated situation and ultimately only she knows why she’s done it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she has close trusted friends in that company as well, which can be comforting and empowering as compared to signing elsewhere without a support base but still several abusers employed. with the typical amount of knowledge that wrestling fans have it's probably most eloquent to focus on the wasted career aspect of this tragedy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s work NXT UK or don’t work at all for a lot of these people at the moment. wouldn’t begrudge anyone getting paid in these poo poo times

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I hear both those takes for sure Rarity and History and they make sense and are understandable. I know I want to be better to not be judgmental in these situations, even when I am completely flabbergasted.

I’m not in her shoes anyway so it is what it is!

My only thing that bugs me as a terminally online (ugh) wrestling fan (NOT ugh!) is that I hate when young wrestlers go to WWE really early in their career. Once you’re in, you’re in for life basically. I have a question I’m going to take to the questions thread because I ask genuinely, but the TLDR version is how often do WWE wrestlers actually leave for good from the WWE on their own accord?

Because I feel it’s less than 1%. No need to answer here or whatever but a talent like Millie is never leaving unless WWE gets rid of her first. Dat money tho...

All bias aside, I get what you both are saying and that’s some positive perspective I can embrace.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Fire the all the men, give Satomura the book, rename NXT UK to Sendai Girls UK, imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The WWE pretty much successfully killed the UK scene, so signing with NXT UK is more or less the only option they've got to make money there. The WWE does almost no promotion for NXT UK and the one time they had a genuinely banger of a match that got universal praise, they......Still didn't promote it. NXT UK was a knee-jerk reaction to World of Sport and an attempt to cut it off at the legs, then they just partnered with the two biggest companies there & signed a majority of the talent. Considering Dunne, Balor, Walter, and Toni Storm are just in NXT-USA now I don't think they give a single poo poo about UK talent, they just don't want competition.

They had tried to do a similar thing in Japan and then NJPW's parent company bought Stardom and DDT's parent company bought NOAH and the collective of Japan's pro wrestling scene told them to gently caress off. WWE only ended up with Saree and Meiko Satomura in the end (And Meiko went to NXT UK lol)

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

WWE killed the UK scene then during the funeral the remains exploded.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

quote:

Considering Dunne, Balor, Walter, and Toni Storm are just in NXT-USA now I don't think they give a single poo poo about UK talent, they just don't want competition.

Since when was WALTER in US NXT? Was he at Takeover?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

Since when was WALTER in US NXT? Was he at Takeover?
They've been showing teasers of IMPERIUM returning so I assume he'll be back since that's his faction

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Isn't Kairi still trying to make NXT Japan a thing now she's back there?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rarity posted:

Isn't Kairi still trying to make NXT Japan a thing now she's back there?
Seems like all she's done is be an ambassador, I don't know when/if her contract is up or not. All I've seen her doing is hang out with Kenta Kobashi and sit inside a WWE studio

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can't wait to see millie debut on the main roster in the 2035 royal rumble where she will be immediately eliminated by Cyborg Charlotte

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

can't wait to see millie debut on the main roster in the 2035 royal rumble where she will be immediately eliminated by Cyborg Charlotte

Not sure the world is lasting that long

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not sure the world is lasting that long

What part of "Then, now, forever" don't you understand?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

duckdealer posted:

WWE killed the UK scene then during the funeral the remains exploded.

I have 5% more hope for the future of the UK scene than most. There's no chance of a native promotion getting TV, and honestly little chance of any shows running until the entire population is vaccinated, but there's creativity and artistry there that I think can be harnessed. Riptide and Resurgence are both on IWTV, which sets them up to get shows to a broader audience. People like Charles Crowley are finding ways to work in the pandemic with projects like You Are Cordially Invited, and several promotions have managed to put together non-shabby codes of conduct and models of operation. Resurgence especially have done a good job with this. It's a weaker scene than before (Covid, Speaking Out, and NXT UK each had an effect) but there's ground something could grow in.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

What part of "Then, now, forever" don't you understand?

I always figured it was more threat than anything.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

They've been showing teasers of IMPERIUM returning so I assume he'll be back since that's his faction

I saw a rumor that members of Imperium got covid during one of the outbreaks in January. It would have made sense to put him in the rumble and then kickoff a program on NXT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

I have 5% more hope for the future of the UK scene than most. There's no chance of a native promotion getting TV, and honestly little chance of any shows running until the entire population is vaccinated, but there's creativity and artistry there that I think can be harnessed. Riptide and Resurgence are both on IWTV, which sets them up to get shows to a broader audience. People like Charles Crowley are finding ways to work in the pandemic with projects like You Are Cordially Invited, and several promotions have managed to put together non-shabby codes of conduct and models of operation. Resurgence especially have done a good job with this. It's a weaker scene than before (Covid, Speaking Out, and NXT UK each had an effect) but there's ground something could grow in.

Yeah once COVID ends things will start growing again. There'll never be a shortage of idiots who want to throw themselves off of balconies for a crowd of dozens.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I will 100% become a Charlotte mark if she replaces her right arm with an x buster

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

There'll never be a shortage of idiots who want to throw themselves off of balconies for a crowd of dozens.

I thank god for this every day

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

There'll never be a shortage of idiots who want to throw themselves off of balconies for a crowd of dozens.

this reminds me I need to find those backyard wrestling clip twitter pages again

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Lamuella posted:

This is reasonable and I do hope those involved in the UK scene make something better than what was there before.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

All I've seen her doing is hang out with Kenta Kobashi

Living the loving dream :hellyeah:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe stop bashing WWE for a minute and appreciate all the good they do?

https://twitter.com/WWECareers/status/1361787270945202179

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MassRafTer posted:

Lol come on now..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MassRafTer posted:

Too bad wrestlers aren't employees, no discounts for them.