Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cruella kneeling before Satan and swearing to bring him the coat of 101 dogs to save the souls of everyone on earth. PG13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

It's 2021 - those dogs would have been long dead anyways. Art lasts forever.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I'm reasonably excited about this. So many Disney villains were queer coded, so I feel like a lot of these deep dives into their backstories is definitely pandering to the community, and I'm here for it. I'm just waiting for them to release an animated version of Pink Flamingos as Ursula's backstory.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The funny part about it is it feels like Disney knows they accidentally put one of their best ever villains in a movie that otherwise nobody cares about

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

God. They're definitely doing an Ursula movie next, aren't they?

Can't wait for Frollo, the fun story of a religious hypocrite who wants to genocide every gypsy in France, except the one he'll stop at nothing to rape.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
in better franchises-ostensibly-for-children news

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1362149401158819841

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The funny part about it is it feels like Disney knows they accidentally put one of their best ever villains in a movie that otherwise nobody cares about

101 Dalmatians seems fairly beloved (both animated and live action)

Xealot posted:

Can't wait for Frollo, the fun story of a religious hypocrite who wants to genocide every gypsy in France, except the one he'll stop at nothing to rape.

The theatre version of Hunchback plays him slightly more sympathetically, although he still gets what he deserves in the end.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I didn't see the first Maleficent, but did see the second, and didn't think it was particularly good. But, Angelina Jolie was great in it, and if Cruella is just an excuse for Emma Stone to get her vamp on in a similar fashion I say go for it,

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is definitely nothing more than a paycheck for stone, and in the era of covid I can't really blame her

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

FoneBone posted:

in better franchises-ostensibly-for-children news

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1362149401158819841

If it weren't for Patrick Willems's video on the Paddington series, I probably would have never checked them out, but I'm really glad I did because they're now among my favorite movies. They're really warm and comforting movies that are just perfect for the holiday season.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
-Cruella insists that these dozens of cheaply-animated talking dogs are CGI and not real, while the rest of the cast gaslights her.

-Cruella finds herself in a Jack Bauer situation where making a puppy-skin coat is the only way to stop the impending nuclear detonation.

-Cruella spends two-thirds of the runtime explaining that her name means “of the city”, before letting out a long sigh and just resigning herself to the inevitable.

-Shot-for-shot remake of Silence Of The Lambs, but it’s Cruella.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

If it weren't for Patrick Willems's video on the Paddington series, I probably would have never checked them out, but I'm really glad I did because they're now among my favorite movies. They're really warm and comforting movies that are just perfect for the holiday season.

The Paddington films are just so charming, and there are some absolutely inspired visual gags.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

-Cruella finds herself in a Jack Bauer situation where making a puppy-skin coat is the only way to stop the impending nuclear detonation.

I misread this as Jack Baker at first and was curious about a Disney/Resident Evil crossover.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cruella De Vil and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Leavemywife posted:

I misread this as Jack Baker at first and was curious about a Disney/Resident Evil crossover.
One of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts had a zombie Goofy. (It also had one where Mickey smashes open a sentient pinata and the local kids swarm it and feast on its sweet, sweet innards as it lies dying.)

Edit: the pinata is voiced by Danny Trejo. I kid you not.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 18, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Cruella eyes up Fluffy the cerberus* mmmmmmyyy, aren't—you—just—a—darling little thing!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glenn Close's Cruella and Alan Rickman's Snape have a cape/gown swish-off in the middle of the movie

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont mind these villain disney movies because the disney villains were always exponentially more interesting than the protagonists.

Belle doesnt want to be a peasant, Ariel is a human weeb, who cares.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 18, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Hmm... speaking of coded gay disney villains, would that Aladdin remake have been better if it was about Jafar? That Lion King but it's Scar? The Cool Gay Tiger in Jungle Book? (idk if that was one was coded, i havent seen it in a while)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scar was offscreen doing humanitarian work for the less fortunate lions who struggle under the iron paw of Mufasa's Pride Rock. After he assumes power, the lion CIA hamstrung his infrastructure projects and arranged for handlers (Timon & Pumba) to reassert the rule of Simba, a known asset.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Shere Khan? No he wasn't gay coded, Kaa was though. I am surprised they haven't tried it with Ursula, they already had the tragic backstory written in.

I will second Descendants as actually a bit of campy fun, the leads are insufferable but Cheyanne Jackson does a bit of heavy lifting. I may be colored a bit since I watched while babysitting my 4 year old niece and watching her shear joy at it.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 18, 2021

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cruella DeVill begins her hunt for dalmatians, only to find that there are almost no dalmatians left in the world. She discovers that the original animated Cruella has found the multiverse and is poaching the dalmatians from alternate Earths going from 101 to infinite dalmatians. Emma Stone Cruella must team up with Glenn Close Cruella to save her world's dalmatians (so she can kill them herself.)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

101 orphans desperately need Dalmatian meat to survive a deadly illness. Will Cruella be able to save the kids?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

-Cruella insists that these dozens of cheaply-animated talking dogs are CGI and not real, while the rest of the cast gaslights her.

-Cruella spends two-thirds of the runtime explaining that her name means “of the city”, before letting out a long sigh and just resigning herself to the inevitable.

-Shot-for-shot remake of Silence Of The Lambs, but it’s Cruella.

-May 8, 1945, Berlin. 101 Nazi war criminals escape capture by Allied forces by having their brains transplanted into dalmatian bodies. While interning at Hugo Boss after the war, Cruella stumbles onto documents about the procedure and is going to deliver righteous justice the only way she knows how.

-The Omen is happening next door to the dalmatian house and she finds out that the dogs are all working for the antichrist.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

e: not as funny

well why not fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 18, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

April 1889. Dog Hitler's day of birth. Cruella travels back in time to prevent the dogocaust. But which puppy is Adolf?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Payndz posted:

One of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts had a zombie Goofy. (It also had one where Mickey smashes open a sentient pinata and the local kids swarm it and feast on its sweet, sweet innards as it lies dying.)

Edit: the pinata is voiced by Danny Trejo. I kid you not.

W-what? That's just

:psyduck:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s hilarious is what that is lmao

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The genetic mutation that gives these dogs their exceptional fur also causes them to reproduce at an alarming rate. Earth faces a major ecological catastrophe as swarms of feral puppies obliterate all other fauna....

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I would like to know more about both of these pictures

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I would like to know more about both of these pictures

Dogscape

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Shin Godzilla but it’s a giant Shiba Inu

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Shin King Caesar

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Shin Godzilla but it’s a giant Shiba Inu

the conflict arises due to godzilla bringing it out for a walk

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1362129692921266177?s=21
She has psychic powers or something and solves a murder mystery? Fine, whatever

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

aware of dog posted:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1362129692921266177?s=21
She has psychic powers or something and solves a murder mystery? Fine, whatever

Just in case anyone is excited for this, remember that it's 2021 and Tim Burton has been bad for at least 15 years at this point.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

who is Helena Bonham Carter playing

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

well why not posted:

who is Helena Bonham Carter playing

They broke up a while back, his new movie-wife is Eva Green

And she probably the headmistress or a teacher who is very sympathetic to Wednesday

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

well why not posted:

who is Lisa Marie Helena Bonham Carter Eva Green playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Eva Green deserves so much better.