Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alchenar posted:

It was but I don't think that matters. People who cared about Carano's politics and didn't want her on the show just because she was right wing are just as bad and are creating this atmosphere where creatives aren't allowed to draw a line between their professional and personal lives. Obviously once she crossed the line into Holocaust denial then it was entirely the right call to drop her, but there was an internet outrage mob gathering long before that point.

lol this is a supremely stupid take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
All I’m interested in knowing is if there will be more Luke in the next season.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ruddiger posted:

Kurt Russell is a dipshit libertarian but everyone loves him and his movies.

This whole both sides narrative is bullshit.

Damnit, I like Kurt Russell's movies. But to bring it back on topic, this is the first I've heard of this. He's smart enough to keep that poo poo out of the public eye, and is smart enough to listen to the people signing his checks. Gina is apparently not.

I'm honestly surprised that Disney doesn't have a PR person take over the social media of their bigger stars, or at least consult on it. I know if I got a job with them I'd ask for exactly that, someone to run it so I don't do something stupid or offensive without meaning to.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hollywood is infamous for running leftists out of town and jobs

Ronald Reagan made his Name after being an actor persecuting leftists and gays in Hollywood

This bias against nazis or whatever is complete ideological fantasy

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

seaborgium posted:

Damnit, I like Kurt Russell's movies. But to bring it back on topic, this is the first I've heard of this. He's smart enough to keep that poo poo out of the public eye, and is smart enough to listen to the people signing his checks. Gina is apparently not.

I'm honestly surprised that Disney doesn't have a PR person take over the social media of their bigger stars, or at least consult on it. I know if I got a job with them I'd ask for exactly that, someone to run it so I don't do something stupid or offensive without meaning to.

You would think their agent would at least insist. "Hey you just made $5 million on that last movie! Give me your account login.This is Becky she is now @you.twitter. I can't afford you saying stupid poo poo."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Burning_Monk posted:

You would think their agent would at least insist. "Hey you just made $5 million on that last movie! Give me your account login.This is Becky she is now @you.twitter. I can't afford you saying stupid poo poo."

Her PR company dumped her so I imagine that conversation did happen.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

euphronius posted:

Hollywood is infamous for running leftists out of town and jobs

Yeah, seventy years ago.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Edmund Lava posted:

Her PR company dumped her so I imagine that conversation did happen.

It's ok tho she now gets to live her real dream of making ....something...with ben Shapiro. Lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sash! posted:

Yeah, seventy years ago.

Makes me surprised that modern conservatives don't think that Liberal Hollywood is Fake News since they firmly believe its still 1950

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bust Rodd posted:

Mathew McConaughey is a 50 year old Republican from Texas and I’ll see everything he puts out until he drops dead because he knows to keep that poo poo away from his fans.

Hey man, you got any progressive political positions? Be a lot cooler if you did.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
"Believing one thing, and being seen as something else" is a Hollywood tradition as old as Hollywood itself.

But it's wild to me that Gina Carano was so committed to anti-semitic and right-wing propaganda that it was worth more to her than having a stable, lucrative income for most of her foreseeable future. I mean, being a fan favorite in a Star War is a drat good gig if you don't mind fans obsessing over you non-stop. Now she's just a female Steven Seagal type, I guess. Maybe she will get desperate and become a small-town cop in a red state, too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It seemed like she was already getting written off in season two anyway

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doronin posted:

"Believing one thing, and being seen as something else" is a Hollywood tradition as old as Hollywood itself.

But it's wild to me that Gina Carano was so committed to anti-semitic and right-wing propaganda that it was worth more to her than having a stable, lucrative income for most of her foreseeable future. I mean, being a fan favorite in a Star War is a drat good gig if you don't mind fans obsessing over you non-stop. Now she's just a female Steven Seagal type, I guess. Maybe she will get desperate and become a small-town cop in a red state, too.

Steven Seagal is a bit of a tool but I don't recall hearing that he was vocally anti-Semitic or masks or whatever. I thought he mostly imploded for financial crap like snipes.

I was thinking more Kevin Sorbo since he's gotten banned from all the same places Carano has for covid misinformation and supporting the riots and whatnot

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Azhais posted:

Steven Seagal is a bit of a tool but I don't recall hearing that he was vocally anti-Semitic or masks or whatever. I thought he mostly imploded for financial crap like snipes.

I was thinking more Kevin Sorbo since he's gotten banned from all the same places Carano has for covid misinformation and supporting the riots and whatnot

Seagal is infamous for being a creep, he’s been accused of sexual harassment many times. Politically speaking he’s just like run of the mill right wing strongman fan type, I don’t think he has any takes much hotter than “black people shouldn’t kneel during the national anthem because it makes me mad”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

It seemed like she was already getting written off in season two anyway

Into her own loving show

Her being born a millionaire answers all the questions I had, basically.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

skasion posted:

Seagal is infamous for being a creep, he’s been accused of sexual harassment many times. Politically speaking he’s just like run of the mill right wing strongman fan type, I don’t think he has any takes much hotter than “black people shouldn’t kneel during the national anthem because it makes me mad”

He's like BFF with Putin and has both Russia and Siberian citizenship.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Into her own loving show

Her being born a millionaire answers all the questions I had, basically.

Oh really ? I didn’t know she was getting a sheriff show

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

euphronius posted:

Oh really ? I didn’t know she was getting a sheriff show

There were plans to announce it back in November but she blew them up by continuing to tweet, so they buried it lmao.

Also, re: Seagal, I highly recommend the Behind the Bastards episodes on him if you want a deep dive into exactly what a piece of poo poo he is. The man drove into a house and over a guy’s pet in a tank while pretending to be a cop! Looking forward to Carano’s inevitable episode.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Azhais posted:

Seagal is like super racist but he doesn't want you to think he is.

Thoughts on famous non-racist Sheriff Joe...

quote:

"When people ask if Joe Arpaio's a racist, I'm not going to say I don't think so. I'm going to say I know he's not a racist. He's not. He doesn't care what nationality you are. He cares if you're a criminal. If somebody murders somebody we go and arrest them. If someone robs a bank we go and arrest them. We don't care if they're Mexican, Irish, French, German or Chinese. We don't care. We really don't."

Hmmm...

quote:

"...the pair are friends, and Seagal has moved his base of operations to Arizona in order to help fight against "open borders."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Segal also wrote a book about the Deep State and has released multiple albums of experimental jazz

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Bust Rodd posted:

Segal...has released multiple albums of experimental jazz

Now this is unforgivable

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There were plans to announce it back in November but she blew them up by continuing to tweet, so they buried it lmao.

It’s Rangers of the New Republic. They still announced it, but originally the announcement was apparently going to be heavy on Cara Dune. Instead, they way they presented it at the stockholder thing made it vague whether it’d be her or not (I remember thinking it’d be about the X-wing pilots we see a few times in season 2). They’re still going forward with it, but who knows what it will be vs whatever the original idea might have been.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Rangers got axed completely after this. We saw in November that there's a ton of Star Wars poo poo coming out and it's fine if Filoni and Favreau can focus on some others.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Hazo posted:

I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Rangers got axed completely after this. We saw in November that there's a ton of Star Wars poo poo coming out and it's fine if Filoni and Favreau can focus on some others.

Exactly, and honestly Rangers sounded like the least interesting one out of the bunch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the world doesn’t need a show about cops, even if it’s Space Cops

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah the world doesn’t need a show about cops, even if it’s Space Cops

*yawn*

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

VinylonUnderground posted:

Ideally new characters, since this is already a lot of the old cast.

I'm not disagreeing, but if they do make new characters, I want serious diversity (which was one of my biggest complaints about the sequels):

The original series had Chewbacca, r2d2 and c3p0 as main characters.

Rebels have Hera, Zeb and Chomper

Heck even Mando has some amazing alien and robot work.

Less humans and more aliens and droids.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

fartknocker posted:

(I remember thinking it’d be about the X-wing pilots we see a few times in season 2)

After seeing them take the MCU into full on comic book wonkyness with Wandavision and having it somehow turn out great, I super want to see exactly this. Just a couple jaded X-Wing dudes trying to bust Jawa hubcap stealing rings and bullshitting while drinking coffee at Space 7-11.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Frankenstyle posted:

After seeing them take the MCU into full on comic book wonkyness with Wandavision and having it somehow turn out great, I super want to see exactly this. Just a couple jaded X-Wing dudes trying to bust Jawa hubcap stealing rings and bullshitting while drinking coffee at Space 7-11.

Coruscant Vice

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doronin posted:

She had to work considerably harder to get bounced by the Mouse than not. Favreau even went to bat for her.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

fartknocker posted:

It’s Rangers of the New Republic. They still announced it, but originally the announcement was apparently going to be heavy on Cara Dune. Instead, they way they presented it at the stockholder thing made it vague whether it’d be her or not (I remember thinking it’d be about the X-wing pilots we see a few times in season 2). They’re still going forward with it, but who knows what it will be vs whatever the original idea might have been.

I still think a show with those X-Wing pilots would be a fun rear end show. Just dudes on the frontier trying to keep poo poo from getting worse.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

seaborgium posted:

I was thinking the same. If I had the luck of being a talentless hack getting a job in a company that big I would probably turbo-nuke my social media and hand it over to some PR person.
You don't get that lucky twice.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

shades of eternity posted:

See, but those are expensive, unless you plan on going all in on Weird Forehead and Bumpy Nose like Star Trek does.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Sash! posted:

See, but those are expensive, unless you plan on going all in on Weird Forehead and Bumpy Nose like Star Trek does.

but it helps with longevity.

you can swap out the actor/have them voice act if they no longer look the part.

Plus Chewbacca never caused controversy like Gina.

Finally Baby Yoda showed aliens can be very marketable.

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 18, 2021

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Hey guys, turns out Frog Lady knows how to wrestle... and she is pissed.

*cue mandalorian soundtrack*

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Burning_Monk posted:

I know just the one

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Dawgstar posted:

She had to work considerably harder to get bounced by the Mouse than not. Favreau even went to bat for her.

It's truly amazing how broke-brained most chuds are; they constantly whine about friends and family abandoning them, about their relationships ending, and about getting fired by their jobs, because they simply cannot shut the gently caress up about their moron regressive racist/sexist/homophobic beliefs for even a second.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

shades of eternity posted:

I'm not disagreeing, but if they do make new characters, I want serious diversity (which was one of my biggest complaints about the sequels):

The original series had Chewbacca, r2d2 and c3p0 as main characters.

Rebels have Hera, Zeb and Chomper

Heck even Mando has some amazing alien and robot work.

Make a member of Sebulba’s species a prominent character.

Do it, cowards

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Make a member of Sebulba’s species a prominent character.

Do it, cowards

there should’ve been a gungan on the team in Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Just because she has no mike skills, it doesn't matter!

She's hit with the five star frog splash, on Baby Yoda right in the middle of the ring. :D

ruddiger posted:

there should’ve been a gungan on the team in Rogue One.

They should have gone with Boss Nass instead of Jar Jar Binks in the Phantom Menace because then Gunguns would be hilarious, awesome, and IN ALL CAPITALS! :D

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 18, 2021